Had the Dangerous album been released not on CD but as a single LP ...

Fuzball

Proud Member
What songs would you have choosen if you were part of MJs team back then?

I know this ain't an easy task, choose your songs (& edits wherever necessary) wisely in order to maintain a flawless listening pleasure. Maximum 22 minutes per side!!!

You can choose only songs that were worked on during Dangerous sessions and were officially released during MJs lifetime. Posthumous released songs are not allowed.

• Jam
  • Why You Wanna Trip On Me
  • In The Closet
  • She Drives Me Wild
  • Remember The Time
  • Can't Let Her Get Away
  • Heal The World
  • Black Or White
  • Who Is It
  • Give In To Me
  • Will You Be There
  • Keep The Faith
  • Gone Too Soon
  • Dangerous
  • Someone Put Your Hand Out
  • Earth Song
  • Blood On The Dance Floor
  • Superfly Sister
  • Ghosts
  • Monkey Business
  • For All Time

Blood on the Dance Floor
Jam
In The Closet
Remember The Time
Who Is It
B Side
Heal The World
Black or White
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Give in to Me
Dangerous

If we must play this game...

I'd probably make most songs a bit shorter (like 4 minutes to fit 5 on each side) cause some of them are longer than 5 minutes:

(1) Jam (Great opener)
(2) She drives me wild (certified banger)
(3) Remember the time
(4) Who is it
(5) Give in to me (need a rock song)

(6) Black or white
(7) Heal the world
(8) Someone put your hand out
(9) Blood on the dance floor
(10) Dangerous (title track)

Will you be there honourable mention.

Id keep ghosts and earth song on HIStory.

1. Jam
2. She Drives Me Wild
3. Remember The Time
4. Heal The World (Spoken intro removed)
5. Black Or White (Spoken Intro removed)

6. Who Is It
7. Give Into Me
8. Will You Be There (Long intro removed)
9. Keep The Faith
10. Dangerous (Trimmed down to 5 minutes)

Last edited:
Great thread! I love Dangerous, but it suffers from a fair amount of unnecessary fat. I would shape the album as follows:

Side A:
1. “Jam”
2. “In the Closet” (trimmed to around 6:00)
3. “Remember the Time”
4. “Black or White” (w/o the father/son intro)

Side B:
1. “Who Is It” (trimmed to around 5:30)
2. “Give In to Me”
3. “Will You Be There” (trimmed to around 5:45)
4. “Gone Too Soon”
5. “Dangerous”

This would be a strong contender for MJ’s best album in my opinion. These nine tracks are the only ones I feel are must-haves (excluding “Gone Too Soon,” which is there solely because it adds another dimension to the piece). I absolutely adore the outtakes, but none of them fit the aesthetic.

I'm seeing that everyone wants to make the perfect Dangerous album (in their opinion), since i'm a being full of hatred, i'm gonna make a one LP Dangerous but with the outtakes + tracks yall people hate for some reason.

Side A:
1. "Blood On The Dance Floor" (4:13)
2. "Monkey Business" (5:45)
3. "Remember The Time" (4:00)
4. "Can't Let Her Get Away" (4:59)
5. "Black Or White" (3:19)

22:16

Side B:
1. "Who Is It" (6:34)
2. "Give In To Me" (4:43)
3. "For All Time" (4:03)
4. "Dangerous" (6:24)

21:44

Tried to avoid trimming down the songs that were officially released and instead used official edits (except for Dangerous) when necessary.

Excellent thread @Fuzball !

Side A:
1. Black or White (Macauley intro cut)
2. Who Is It
3. Will You Be There
4. Heal the World (cut the kids intro but only because of time constraints, I actually love the intro)

SideB:
1. Give In To Me
2. Jam
3. Gone Too Soon
4. Dangerous

Actually this is far from perfect, I just give up it is an impossible task

I'm seeing that everyone wants to make the perfect Dangerous album (in their opinion), since i'm a being full of hatred, i'm gonna make a one LP Dangerous but with the outtakes + tracks yall people hate for some reason.

Side A:
1. "Blood On The Dance Floor" (4:13)
2. "Monkey Business" (5:45)
3. "Remember The Time" (4:00)
4. "Can't Let Her Get Away" (4:59)
5. "Black Or White" (3:19)

22:16

Side B:
1. "Who Is It" (6:34)
2. "Give In To Me" (4:43)
3. "For All Time" (4:03)
4. "Dangerous" (6:24)

21:44

Tried to avoid trimming down the songs that were officially released and instead used official edits (except for Dangerous) when necessary.
You flexing on us with the official edit lengths?

Some interesting configurations here.

I'd have compiled it this way

side A
  1. Jam (7" Edit) 4:10
  2. Remember The Time 4:01
  3. Earth Song 6:48
  4. Who Is It 6:35

side B
  1. Black Or White (Single version) 3:22
  2. Blood On The Dance Floor 4:13
  3. For All Time 4:03
  4. Give In To Me 5:28
  5. Dangerous (Single Edit) 4:16

I mean... this hurts inside as Dangerous is absolutely perfect as it is... but if I must:confused:

A-Side
1. Jam (shortened version)
2. In The Closet
3. She Drives Me Wild (shortened)
4. For All Time
5. Remember The Time

B-Side
1. Black or White (single-version without intro)
2. Who Is It
3. Will You Be There (radio edit)
4. Keep the Faith
5. Dangerous

This just feels wrong... and I couldn't even include my all-time favourite song because it was nowherer near finished around this time...
Yes, I'm talking about 'Earth Song'

What songs would you have choosen if you were part of MJs team back then?

I know this ain't an easy task, choose your songs (& edits wherever necessary) wisely in order to maintain a flawless listening pleasure. Maximum 22 minutes per side!!!

You can choose only songs that were worked on during Dangerous sessions and were officially released during MJs lifetime. Posthumous released songs are not allowed.

• Jam
  • Why You Wanna Trip On Me
  • In The Closet
  • She Drives Me Wild
  • Remember The Time
  • Can't Let Her Get Away
  • Heal The World
  • Black Or White
  • Who Is It
  • Give In To Me
  • Will You Be There
  • Keep The Faith
  • Gone Too Soon
  • Dangerous
  • Earth Song
  • Blood On The Dance Floor
  • Superfly Sister
  • Ghosts
  • Monkey Business
  • For All Time
A Side
1. Heal the World
2. Black or White
3. Dangerous
4. Remember the Time
5. In the Closet
B Side
1. Will You Be There
2. Gone Too Soon
3. Who Is It
4. Earth Song
5. Blood on the Dance Floor

Any songs appearing on this version that were released as singles before, those shorter radio singles would be the album versions here. Bad had 10 tracks on the vinyl version, so I'll do that here too.

Side 1
  1. Jam
  2. In The Closet
  3. Who Is It
  4. Remember The Time
  5. For All Time
Side 2
  1. Black Or White
  2. Give In To Me
  3. Keep The Faith
  4. Dangerous
  5. Someone Put Your Hand Out

The album cover is holographic and upside down. Inside there are printed handwritten lyrics to all the tracks.,

This Side
  • 777 Ghosts
  • 6 Give In To Me
  • 5 Will You Be There
  • 4 She Drives Me Wild
  • 3 Can't Let Her Get Away
  • 2 Black Or White
  • 1 Keep The Faith

That Side
  • 10 You Wanna Trip On Me?
  • 9 Dangerous
  • 8 $uperfly $ista

Upside
  • For All Time
  • Monkey Business (Triple threat hidden bonus tracks)

Back Cover-
Press Conference for new album . Madonna in attendance, Lot of tongues wagging. Set the scene and go !

The album cover is holographic and upside down.
I'm up for this. Especially the upside down bit. The other day I was fantasising about an album that was pyramid shaped and had a Penrose tribar at the centre where some of the songs were located. I have no idea what I'm on about but it made sense at the time, lol.

Inside there are printed handwritten lyrics to all the tracks.,
Yes, please, although maybe a bonus printed lyric booklet, as well. I love Michael but his handwriting is sometimes very ... energetic! :)

Yes!!!

Press Conference for new album . Madonna in attendance, Lot of tongues wagging. Set the scene and go !
Oh dear! Must you? OK, it's your project. I might skip that part, lol.

I'm up for this. Especially the upside down bit. The other day I was fantasising about an album that was pyramid shaped and had a Penrose tribar at the centre where some of the songs were located. I have no idea what I'm on about but it made sense at the time, lol.
I'm up for this zin ...got me thinking now , And so i googled Penrose Tribar and got -- " Impossible figures” are those that can be drawn with perspective in two dimensions, but cannot exist in the physical world. Well known examples are the Penrose triangle, the Penrose staircase, and the “impossible trident”. ...that's a whole wealth of imagination there. Actually your and mine idea could've worked quite well because it all can complete with ze mysyery of Dangerous ~the lovely promo of dangerous ..yeah i love that.
Yes, please, although maybe a bonus printed lyric booklet, as well. I love Michael but his handwriting is sometimes very ... energetic! :)
That's okay . our album has lots of undiscovered energy and mystery. One being , one can't read the lyrics :LOL:
Thinking like maybe embossed or something holographic . Thinking texture and shine....i might be overdoing it now
Oh dear! Must you? OK, it's your project. I might skip that part, lol.
i know . Well we didn' have much choice :LOL: she was everywhere ..I cant think of anymore female artists that might have attended back then, I've gone blank . Must be the excitement of the album 🤗🤩

I'm up for this zin ...got me thinking now , And so i googled Penrose Tribar and got -- " Impossible figures” are those that can be drawn with perspective in two dimensions, but cannot exist in the physical world.
Exactly. But I'm going to make it exist in the physical world. Haven't worked out the details yet so don't hassle me, lol. Genius at work! Anyway, some of the songs are inside the tribar but they are not locked away, they are totally accessible so it's all good.

1659189-200.png

Well known examples are the Penrose triangle, the Penrose staircase, and the “impossible trident”. ...that's a whole wealth of imagination there. Actually your and mine idea could've worked quite well because it all can complete with ze mysyery of Dangerous
Yes!! All of it works together! Dangerous is an impossible mystery so we're on the right track, lol.

~the lovely promo of dangerous ..yeah i love that.
See, I didn't even think of David Lynch but, of course! Perfect! I bet he was intending to include holographs and tribars but the project didn't progress so he didn't get that far. :ROFLMAO:

That's okay . our album has lots of undiscovered energy and mystery.
It's waiting to be discovered, though! It's right there.

One being , one can't read the lyrics :LOL:
Ah, but in my universe the lyrics can be accessed. My Spidey senses are telling me that everyone gets a slightly different version of the album, sort of catering to different needs.

I haven't worked out all the details!

Thinking like maybe embossed or something holographic .
god, that would look - and feel - awesome.

Thinking texture and shine....i might be overdoing it now
No, not at all. Texture and shine? What am I always rambling on about? The texture of the fabric of Michael's beautiful gold leotard. The play of light and shade as the stage lights highlight the folds in the fabric. The texture of the stitching at the front of the leotard. You're tapping into that, linking two parts of the project, making it all coherent and unified.

i know . Well we didn' have much choice :LOL: she was everywhere ..I cant think of anymore female artists that might have attended back then, I've gone blank . Must be the excitement of the album 🤗🤩
Well, Whitney was big in 1991. That was the year she did the Superbowl. But I suppose Madonna would get loads more press coverage so, fair enough. You go for it, it's your creative project, lol.

Back