Handwritten Lyrics

Am I right in saying there's only a chorus recorded for Innocent Man? Could be thinking of another track though.
I have no clue. There is this thread - haven't looked at it but maybe there's some info in there.

Complete with charming misspelling of ‘aggravator’. 🙄

It’s a shame it’s just the bridge!
(y) He would do that ...little spelling mistakes here and there. So it seems he didn't care about it too much🥰 cause he knew what he meant .he was getting down the bones first, being he didn't care, as long as it was on the paper and out of him , out of there.
More lyrics from Innocent Man

9b400c_a6c939b61b1945c9b3a46aea41b6ccfd~mv2.jpg

9b400c_cff90175995f47489ba5fc5d0201cca3~mv2.jpg
Ah... this one zin. 💔

lord where will I go?

let the whole world go against me,

long as God knows

I’m an innocent man now.

Lovely One/In The Life Of Chico lyrics
4c21b9bfb1ccced28cb0c3f029228ca9.jpg

Is anyone able to read the In The Life Of Chico lyrics lol

I don't know if this is any help as it didn't do a great job but I upscaled it a bit lol

6weNODRh_o.jpg
oh that is really helpful i can try

i mean all i can see currently is a south american family then the name

Last edited:
In the life of Chico

Famine, starvation, hunger, poverty, a South American Family
Chico, his sister, brother, mother live alone in an old run down shack N. of Brazil.
Drought is killing the people and the calf extinction has made food supply harsh
The father of Chico went off to city for help but never came back.

Chico 9 years old is left to tend for the family, man of the house.
He provide for the family working so hard allday long to sun up to dawn
Bless Chico's pride and courage who does the work of a man for his families survival

Drought came again, killing more. Chicos sister dies malnutrition
Mother dies in shock and heartbreak leaving 9 year old Chico alone.
Shock, heartbroken, confused. As a man Chico keeps his pride.

A real man he decide to go off to the city far away to challenge to the miles
to build a fruit stand to make a living to conquer his fathers goal.

The nearest city was 50 miles away. 9 year old Chico

[flipside of the sheet]
prepares for his journey ___ the ______ fearless
but drought, heat and malnutrition killed Chico when he was 10 miles from the city
leaving his _____ in the ____ to rot with his bag __________

But bless Chicos faith, cause in Gods heaven Chico has a place.

In the life of Chico

Chico, his sister, brother, mother live alone in an old run down shack N. of Brazil.
Drought is killing the people and the calf extinction has made food supply harsh

Bless Chico's pride and courage who does the work of a man for his families survival

[flipside of the sheet]
but drought, heat and malnutrition killed Chico when he was 10 miles from the city

Thank you very much. With this song, Be Not Always and Little Susie MJ really was writing some deep-hitting songs at that time, and all of that only in his early 20's. Amazing.

In the life of Chico

[flipside of the sheet]

These lyrics remind me of Patches by Clarence Carter which Michael references in Moonwalk. If I could interview Michael I'd want to ask him if there was any connection between them or if it was just coincidence.

Either way, awesome lyrics. He was such a good storyteller. I keep on saying it but it's true.

There's speculation that Chico might have been recorded as "Going to Rio".
Is there proof to that other than it's because both songs are related to Brazil? I'm thinking that maybe Going To Rio serves as a "sequel" to In The Life Of Chico.

Is there proof to that other than it's because both songs are related to Brazil? I'm thinking that maybe Going To Rio serves as a "sequel" to In The Life Of Chico.
Just speculation atm. It hasn't been confirmed or denied yet.

That is the true magic of Michael @zinniabooklover
Well, that's all very well but it's doing my head in, lol. I only just listened to Cheater and Monkey Business this week and I've barely recovered from that.

This song about Chico is so intriguing to me. He must have written it in the 70's. Patches was a big hit in 1970. Not saying there has to be a connection. This is a universal story, after all. But I do wonder ...

but it's doing my head in, lol. I only just listened to Cheater and Monkey Business this week and I've barely recovered from that.
Well that is the magic of Michael my lovely lol
This song about Chico is so intriguing to me. He must have written it in the 70's. Patches was a big hit in 1970. Not saying there has to be a connection. This is a universal story, after all. But I do wonder ...
I mean ...i know what song you mean , maybe so , because he is simply , so aware of everything , his surroundings and i mean , he read ..he listened, so ... could well be. Because bad is supposedly about the murdered kid isnt it ? ...so , if something resonates , if he feels purpose, then i mean,
i think what he feels around him always came into his work.

Well that is the magic of Michael my lovely lol

I mean ...i know what song you mean , maybe so , because he is simply , so aware of everything ,
oh, he def knew the Clarence Carter song bc he mentions it in Moonwalk and says he identified with the kid in the song. It's about a kid whose father dies and he has to look after the family and be the man of the house even though he's so young. Everyone is relying on him. And Michael says that, in his 20's, that is how he felt. And I thought it was an extraordinary thing to say, really bold, bc his family would know exactly what he was getting at.

People who think Michael was timid or soft ... they just aren't paying attention.

his surroundings and i mean , he read ..he listened, so ... could well be. Because bad is supposedly about the murdered kid isnt it ? ...so , if something resonates , if he feels purpose, then i mean,
i think what he feels around him always came into his work.
Agree 100%.

The lyrics for this song about Chico, they really draw you in.

"Bless Chico's pride and courage ..." 💔

These lyrics remind me of Patches by Clarence Carter which Michael references in Moonwalk. If I could interview Michael I'd want to ask him if there was any connection between them or if it was just coincidence.
That's a fair point. It wouldn't be the first time him "borrowing" elements from other peoples work. Michael was known for that.😁

For instance, Little Susie must have been inspired by the poem "The Bridge of Sighs" byThomas Hood. Or Michael McKellar by "Eleanor Rigby" (The Beatles).

Chico was written prior to the Destiny album, around 1977/78.

God Don't Love Us Anymore Lyrics *Unrecorded* (Date Unknown)​

Era: Invincible Era
Release Type: Official
Artist: Michael Jackson
Size: 8 1/2''x11''
End Market: Promotional

Description:

Single page of paper with handwritten lyrics written in black ink by Michael titled "God Don't Love Us Anymore". They read in part, "Well they say that their [sic] the native people, tried to win or fight a losing war. They say that the white man knows what he's fighting for." There is a small section of writing at the bottom of the page reading, "note = as children stand there crying seeing their mothers or = asking what are we fighting for." Exact date of origin unknown.
Sold by Julien's Auctions (Lot #500) for $4,864 at their 2010 Music Icons auction.

Link to image of lyrics.

http://www.mjjcollectors.com/compon...ge/product/God_Don_t_Love_U_4dc49d9b80176.jpg

Lyrics start at approx 41s. RTT approx 56s.

@wendijane - first part of the video is notes from Michael to his fans.

Aw zin Thanks so much for being thoughtful .This is a really useful video to post as many of his notes are all in one one place. um...0:06 -0:08 i would say that is from ...Febuary 1992 .
Yeah that one was for London I believe.
He would sign the corner of the pillows and sheets and napkins or hotel..... post note it paper ,Remember paper ? lol and drop them out the window for the fans below. I especially remember that one at 0:06 because it was in the OTW fanzine , 😌 when he was here in London , 1992 with Bret Barnes, Visting Benny Hill in the hospital. The Dorchester Hotel ..one of his fave hotels back then ,..actually . Alot of wah! here. Thoughtful video , appreciated, one single pic tells a wealth of stories , bring back alot of memory, A mix of emotion 🤗 😩 🥹.Thanks. @zinniabooklover

Aw zin Thanks so much for being thoughtful .This is a really useful video to post as many of his notes are all in one one place.
yeah, I love it when stuff gets brought together. Makes sense to me. Easier to find and enjoy.

He would sign the corner of the pillows and sheets and napkins or hotel..... post note it paper ,
oh, this reminds me of the little video I posted over on Michael's Hands. Lots of images of him signing stuff. Lovely images.

Remember paper ? lol and drop them out the window for the fans below. I especially remember that one at 0:06 because it was in the OTW fanzine , 😌 when he was here in London , 1992 with Bret Barnes, Visting Benny Hill in the hospital. The Dorchester Hotel ..one of his fave hotels back then ,..actually . Alot of wah! here. Thoughtful video , appreciated, one single pic tells a wealth of stories
I agree. I do need visual stuff. I need words, of course, but pictures are also needed. That's how I understand stuff.

, bring back alot of memory, A mix of emotion 🤗 😩 🥹.Thanks. @zinniabooklover
yeah, mixed feelings, all right.

yeah, I love it when stuff gets brought together. Makes sense to me. Easier to find and enjoy.
Lovely it was
oh, this reminds me of the little video I posted over on Michael's Hands. Lots of images of him signing stuff. Lovely images.
Ive just found that . Chromebook went flying lol (I had a moment LOL)
I agree. I do need visual stuff. I need words, of course, but pictures are also needed. That's how I understand stuff.
Same. It has to be imagery for me too. Always
yeah, mixed feelings, all right.
Such a strange feeling all those feelings isn;t it

God Don't Love Us Anymore Lyrics *Unrecorded* (Date Unknown)​

Era: Invincible Era
Release Type: Official
Artist: Michael Jackson
Size: 8 1/2''x11''
End Market: Promotional

Description:

Single page of paper with handwritten lyrics written in black ink by Michael titled "God Don't Love Us Anymore". They read in part, "Well they say that their [sic] the native people, tried to win or fight a losing war. They say that the white man knows what he's fighting for." There is a small section of writing at the bottom of the page reading, "note = as children stand there crying seeing their mothers or = asking what are we fighting for." Exact date of origin unknown.
Sold by Julien's Auctions (Lot #500) for $4,864 at their 2010 Music Icons auction.

Link to image of lyrics.

http://www.mjjcollectors.com/compon...ge/product/God_Don_t_Love_U_4dc49d9b80176.jpg
Always a weird feeling to be able to see and read lyrics that were never recorded. We'll never know what ideas MJ had for the song in his head.

LOT #349MICHAEL JACKSON HANDWRITTEN "GRANITE" LYRICS

Description

Pen on lined paper, one page of handwritten lyrics written by Michael Jackson. The lyrics read in part, "...each generation shall hear my music and appreciate the gift of melody." It is reported that for each album Jackson released he also recorded 15 to 20 additional tracks that were shelved. He is also believed to have written 100s of unrecorded, unreleased songs. 11 by 8 1/2 inches

91566_8.jpg

Handwritten Lyrics For An Unrecorded Song

Description :

Two pages of handwritten lyrics for a song that begins "Party People the youth we gotta teach...". With many of the same lyrics written with different writing implements and different annotations.

Back