Handwritten Lyrics

I don't have handwritten lyrics for those songs particular, but if Jam is a newer song then maybe In The Closet qualifies too? Because there are handwritten lyrics for that song:

3MZA4.jpg
bro really wrote 4 pages for a song.

dedication

Just been thinking that reading lyrics that were possibly never recorded always gives me a weird feeling. Makes me wonder if MJ had any ideas what he wanted the song to sound like, but just never got around to actually putting it down.

Just been thinking that reading lyrics that were possibly never recorded always gives me a weird feeling.
I understand your point although it made me feel a little tearful. Like when I come across a thread here from when Michael was still alive.

Ghostly traces is how I think of it. Not scary ghostly, just wispy traces of the essence of the person. The essence stays imprinted somehow and influences everything through time. Michael was writing lyrics, beginning the process of shaping reality, somehow bringing together yesterday and today and tomorrow.

Makes me wonder if MJ had any ideas what he wanted the song to sound like, but just never got around to actually putting it down.
This is what I mean by 'ghostly traces'

Oh dear! SG, you've got me started now, lol. I need a cup of coffee! :ROFLMAO:

Just been thinking that reading lyrics that were possibly never recorded always gives me a weird feeling. Makes me wonder if MJ had any ideas what he wanted the song to sound like, but just never got around to actually putting it down.
Just realised I posted almost this exact post on the previous page, me and my horrid memory, lol!

These lyrics remind me of Patches by Clarence Carter which Michael references in Moonwalk. If I could interview Michael I'd want to ask him if there was any connection between them or if it was just coincidence.

Either way, awesome lyrics. He was such a good storyteller. I keep on saying it but it's true.
I assume Chico's a blend of "Patches", Michael's own life experience (the burdens he had to take while still being a child/teen) & his own imagination.

"I had always shouldered a lot of responsibility, but it suddenly seemed that everyone wanted a piece of me. There wasn't that much to go around, and I needed to be responsible to myself. I had to take stock of my life and figure out what people wanted from me and to whom I was going to give wholly. It was a hard thing for me to do, but I had to learn to be wary of the people around me. God was at the top of my list of priorities, and my mother and father and brothers and sisters followed. I was reminded of that old song by Clarence Carter called 'Patches', where the oldest son is asked to take care of the farm after his father dies and his mother tells him she's depending on him. Well, we weren't the sharecroppers and I wasn't the oldest, but those were slim shoulders on which to place such burdens. For some reason I always found it very difficult to say no to my family and the other people I loved. I would be asked to do something or take care of something and I would agree, even if I worried that it might be more than I could handle"

Back