Has it become an anomaly to enjoy Michael Jackson's music?

The sonic games have been without the MJ associated music for years, not sure why people would expect SEGA to pay to include it now. Would have been cool, for sure, but not something I was expecting.
The original songs were included on some compilation releases (Sonic Jam, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection). I think it was only with Origins and the much older PC port (called the Sonic and Knuckles Collection) that they changed the music out. It could be argued that SEGA left the songs out because they didn't want to cause controversy, but I think there's some legal stuff involved too.

It's a shame; I was seriously contemplating buying it until I heard that the music was replaced. However, there is a mod to restore the original music on the PC version, and there's always the Sonic 3 Complete rom hack (which lets you pick whichever music you want).

The original songs were included on some compilation releases (Sonic Jam, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection). I think it was only with Origins and the much older PC port (called the Sonic and Knuckles Collection) that they changed the music out. It could be argued that SEGA left the songs out because they didn't want to cause controversy, but I think there's some legal stuff involved too.

It's a shame; I was seriously contemplating buying it until I heard that the music was replaced. However, there is a mod to restore the original music on the PC version, and there's always the Sonic 3 Complete rom hack (which lets you pick whichever music you want).
It's pretty much the legal gray area; no one actually knows if it's MJ or Brad Buxer. And the estate won't go to bat over this, they don't do anything but musicals and TikToks. 🙄

Has it become unusual to listen to Michael Jackson and even consider yourself as a fan of his music?
my "friends" offhandedly make fun of me for it 😔. but i think everyone should respect him and at least know who he is! my friends always talk about new rappers and stuff, BUT MJ WAS THE PERSON WHO PAVED THE WAY FOR THEM. i REALLY dont like how people cant try to see stuff from other perspectives, or try to see the real reason of a situation (his allegations). some people are so clueless....🤦‍♀️🙄

I only read the original post, only skipped through the replies...

Basically, I listen to the music wanna listen to, and I let others listen to the music they wanna listen to. I couldn't give a shit if they like the same stuff as me. It just doesn't matter.

I only read the original post, only skipped through the replies...

Basically, I listen to the music wanna listen to, and I let others listen to the music they wanna listen to. I couldn't give a shit if they like the same stuff as me. It just doesn't matter.
yeah i kind of agree. i just dont like it when other people make fun of others for their music choices. my friends say "lmao who is michael jackson" and "why do you like him hes so weird lol." thats what i mean. i obviously would like it if a lot more people respected and listened to him like in the 80s, but i know its not possible, but putting other people down for their interest is a no-no for me

I think deep down people don’t believe the accusations. The media pushes the narrative and people feel pressured to go along with it. So maybe they don’t mention being fans in public but then they go home and stream his music. After his death the media was getting ratings by praising him so people felt comfortable admitting their fandom. After LN, they swung the other way so people followed suit. I don’t think most people’s feelings towards him have really changed. I would say that by and large people believe that he was a talented artist who was troubled and odd, but not sinister or nefarious. He just didn’t come across that way, and there are things you can sense about people that aren’t necessarily based in logic.

yeah i kind of agree. i just dont like it when other people make fun of others for their music choices. my friends say "lmao who is michael jackson" and "why do you like him hes so weird lol." thats what i mean. i obviously would like it if a lot more people respected and listened to him like in the 80s, but i know its not possible, but putting other people down for their interest is a no-no for me
In my case, as a fan of people like The Supernaturals and Bush, you just get used to being the only person who listens to this stuff.

I'm really not bothered if I don't know anyone who's into the same stuff as me. I don't listen to MJ because he used to be popular. I listen to MJ because I like the music. I don't care what's on the radio or TV, or what's #1 in the chart. It doesn't matter.

Here's a question: what would be better to you - that people know MJ but don't like him, or that people don't know who he is?

In my case, as a fan of people like The Supernaturals and Bush, you just get used to being the only person who listens to this stuff.

I'm really not bothered if I don't know anyone who's into the same stuff as me. I don't listen to MJ because he used to be popular. I listen to MJ because I like the music. I don't care what's on the radio or TV, or what's #1 in the chart. It doesn't matter.

Here's a question: what would be better to you - that people know MJ but don't like him, or that people don't know who he is?
i would like it if they at least knew the truth about him. i would like it if they knew who he was and had a neutral opinion to him, but they dont have to listen to his music

Back