Has your musical taste influenced your personality? Share your thoughts and experiences

has music influenced your personality?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Proud Member
:bugeyed

A good friend of mine is conducting research into musical taste and personalities, and was discussing it with me.

This discussion of his research got me critically thinking about my own musical choice in life, and how it has shaped my 'personality'.

Upon reflection of my childhood, I grudgingly admit that as a child growing up the music I listened too did shape my ‘personality’, to some degree. When I say personality, I mean my outward behaviour that people around me observed. And yes, to some extent, my post 16 musical choices have influenced my personality somewhat.

Both periods, post and pre 16 years old, my musical choice, upon reflection has in a way shaped my outward personality.

If anyone cares to share there own experience and thoughts of how music has shaped and formed there personality, do share the experience with us all below.

Cheers for reading...:ciao:

p.s , if anyone is interested in participating in my friends online survey feel free to do so. (He is currently struggling to find participants so if any of you are feeling generous with your time he could use your help). He currently needs more participants and i am sure you cultured bunch will give him some interesting analysis into personality and musical taste . I have yet to take the survey, but will when i arrive home later on tonight. No pressure, but thought i would give him a plug; 'paying it forward' and all that :cheeky:

if interested, follow link: https://brookeshls.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_e5rEEgeRjubAZed

Last edited:
Musical taste and personality influence each other.. It goes both ways!

You are naturally attracted to specific sounds according to your personality and the journey music can take you influences your response (not just to the music) but in the world.

Yes i agree.

there seems to be a symbiotic relationship between music and personality. I have often heard when asking this question, that some people respond with stating it was there personality types led them to certain types of music; as you said.

Very good point kopv

I'm not sure. I don't think music has shaped my personality but it could have. Maybe I just haven't noticed it. :D I listen many types of music. Metal, rock and pop for example.

^ You don't think, but could have.. maybe so maybe not.. you sound confused! must be the vas array of music you listen to confusing your brain.. ie influencing your brain ;)

just messing!

Back