Highlights The Jacksons live at Halifax 2023

filmandmusic

Proud Member
Those guys’ voices are completely gone, they should just stop touring, I can’t even hear them

this was probably filmed on someone’s phone. the sound quality in general isn’t that good. besides, these guys are in their 60s and 70s, and they were never lead singers to begin with. I’m just glad marlon seems to be doing so well considering his recent health issues. they have a great set list and are part of a great lineup with sister sledge. the crowd clearly enjoyed it (which made me proud because it’s my homeland), and the brothers clearly love performing, so why should they stop (til they get enough 😆)?

though I must say it’s a stark difference to how michael felt about being onstage later on in life. there is something to be said for bowing out gracefully. it makes me sad to hear some of these songs taken down so many keys. I also don’t like the fact that there are missing group members. I don’t think the jacksons recent performances are up to the standards of what they did in the seventies, but they’re still enjoyable. I’m happy for them. they’re continuing their legacy.

Can anyone ask them in an interview if they would be willing to release Destiny and Triumph tour concerts? So sad that people like Questlove have them both yet we the hardcore fans don't get to enjoy them as well.

On a side note, have they ever given on official reason why Jermaine hasn't ben performing with them lately?

Those guys’ voices are completely gone, they should just stop touring, I can’t even hear them
I dont care how they sing, at this point the crowd should be doing all the singing! If i ever get to attend one of their concerts, i tell you......

the songs themselves are classics. they pretty much sell the show. I personally find it irritating and distracting when the artist continuously pressures the audience into singing along. the audience have paid money to watch them perform. why should they do all the work? some people are reserved. doesn’t mean they’re not enjoying the show if they’re quiet. most times they’re likely to cheer after each song.

Painful to listen to at times 😞

The remaining brothers were never front men so it's difficult now that Jermaine no longer tours with them. He could sing pretty well and held the group together.

Such legendary songs though and we have to remember that they are pretty old.

the songs themselves are classics. they pretty much sell the show. I personally find it irritating and distracting when the artist continuously pressures the audience into singing along. the audience have paid money to watch them perform. why should they do all the work? some people are reserved. doesn’t mean they’re not enjoying the show if they’re quiet. most times they’re likely to cheer after each song.
agreed

looks like tarryll is part of the group now. they also have another singer with them from the group ultimate kaos, who were looked at as the uk 90s Jackson 5. he’s been performing with them for awhile, but he’s not on the poster.. he also has a good voice, and actually sang in the ‘thriller live’ musical. however, not even he can sing michael’s parts🙁

These guys were never really lead singers to begin with. Michael was obviously the best singer from the group, and then it was Jermaine. With Jermaine not touring with them, they should really stop.

Last edited:
Back