HIStory 25 and Dangerous 30 release petition

I think Estate will do something i don't know what it is .."out of the subject" i like the members avatars nice tribute to my country.

Last edited:
I'm glad it was released mostly unedited. Also I don't think they could have edited it much. That could be the only video they have of that concert.

Yeah I'll give them that. Quality issues aside they left it mostly unedited. Audio is a different story though.

Michael would of been a great album if they didn't have those fake songs on them. it's ridiculous after 10 years those songs still on there. they need to rerelease Michael and take those songs off it's not that hard. :no:

Michael sure is a great album!

Hollywood Tonight
I like the way you love me
Best of Joy
Behind The Mask
Another Day
Hod My Hand
Much Too Soon

Actually - ALL good songs!! - imagine if the 3 Cascio songs had been changed with updated versions of Price Of Fame, We've Had Enough and TYLA

Last edited:
I largely prefer Michael to Xscape, truthfully.

Xscape has the upper hand in terms of musical cohesion and production quality, but Michael (in my opinion) has better songs and more faithful, respectful production. It's not perfect, but you can tell that the producers actively tried to stick relatively close to the road map of the original recordings.

Plus, it sorta disappoints me that half the remixes on Xscape trounce the original demos. There's no reason Timbaland, a man who never worked with Michael, should've been able to construct the only listenable version of "Chicago."

Xscape has the upper hand in terms of musical cohesion and production quality, but Michael (in my opinion) has better songs and more faithful, respectful production. It's not perfect, but you can tell that the producers actively tried to stick relatively close to the road map of the original recordings.

Plus, it sorta disappoints me that half the remixes on Xscape trounce the original demos. There's no reason Timbaland, a man who never worked with Michael, should've been able to construct the only listenable version of "Chicago."

But by default Xscape will always trounce Michael because it doesn't contain 30% fraudulent material with a singer who in my opinion actually can't sing, posing as one of the greatest singers who ever walked the green earth.

And I agree with you about the more faithful reproductions on Michael.

But by default Xscape will always trounce Michael because it doesn't contain 30% fraudulent material with a singer who in my opinion actually can't sing, posing as one of the greatest singers who ever walked the green earth.

And I agree with you about the more faithful reproductions on Michael.

I still can not understand why The Estate and SONY does not re-release Michael and replace the 3 fake songs with other songs. - or just change it to a 7 song album. - the 7 remaining songs are all great IMO...

I've always maintained that funnily enough, Michael sounds more like an MJ album does than Xscape - the production is like you said much more true to MJ.

Alright the last few posts convinced me of listening to "Michael" once more perhaps I'll like it better these days.

The remixes on Michael are more respectful with the exception of Hollywood Tonight, which is a great example on how to totally ruin the meaning of a song. Big problem I have with Xscape in general is that now when younger people search up MJ they're gonna hear a remix that timbaland made in a week without actually caring about the original song at all. I think that applies less to the Michael remixes as they were actually finished by people who at least knew Michael.

I think most of the songs are quite strong on both albums (I mean the original versions on Xscape), just with different problems in the final realizations.

AlwaysThere;4296139 said:

But, but, but... how can you say that about the album version of Another Day?! I still rather listen to the looped mix of the leaked snippet than the album version which just lacks, well, everything.

BTW do you have any idea why that earlier (?) version wasn't leaked yet, while we got quite a lot of leaks of the other songs intended to be on the album?

Oh and actually I like Chicago better, it’s catchier (but I prefer short, obscure titles anyway). :D

The remixes on Michael are more respectful with the exception of Hollywood Tonight, which is a great example on how to totally ruin the meaning of a song. Big problem I have with Xscape in general is that now when younger people search up MJ they're gonna hear a remix that timbaland made in a week without actually caring about the original song at all. I think that applies less to the Michael remixes as they were actually finished by people who at least knew Michael.

Most of the Xscape remxies are garbage to me. DYKWYCA and APWN sounds like pure cacaphony in my ears. I know many members here likes those song and I really gave them a chance but I can't stand them.

The reasons they gave for the remixes was that they were suppose to "contemporize" the songs. Well, okay but whatever they tried to do with those songs was not contemporary back in 2014, and sure ain't contemporary today. Hell Remember The Time sounds more contemporary than those songs and that song was made in the 90's with New Jack Swing!

Most of the Xscape remxies are garbage to me. DYKWYCA and APWN sounds like pure cacaphony in my ears. I know many members here likes those song and I really gave them a chance but I can't stand them.

The reasons they gave for the remixes was that they were suppose to "contemporize" the songs. Well, okay but whatever they tried to do with those songs was not contemporary back in 2014, and sure ain't contemporary today. Hell Remember The Time sounds more contemporary than those songs and that song was made in the 90's with New Jack Swing!

Yeah, I don't hate the remixes, but generally just feel meh about the whole thing, disregarding everything mj did for some current trendy producer who just does whatever he wants with it.

Last edited:
But, but, but... how can you say that about the album version of Another Day?! I still rather listen to the looped mix of the leaked snippet than the album version which just lacks, well, everything.

BTW do you have any idea why that earlier (?) version wasn't leaked yet, while we got quite a lot of leaks of the other songs intended to be on the album?

Oh 100%. It's a track steeped in drama and tension in it's original form, and then the version on Michael just stripped all that way. I've probably listened to it about 5 times. Boring.

I still can not understand why The Estate and SONY does not re-release Michael and replace the 3 fake songs with other songs. - or just change it to a 7 song album. - the 7 remaining songs are all great IMO...

If they did I'd finally buy it.

Sony is still fighting the fan lawsuit against the Cascio tracks. If they were to remove them from the album, that would be ammunition for the prosecution, who would argue that it's an admission of guilt. No chance they'll pull them right now.

Sony is still fighting the fan lawsuit against the Cascio tracks. If they were to remove them from the album, that would be ammunition for the prosecution, who would argue that it's an admission of guilt. No chance they'll pull them right now.

Yeah I don't think SONY has any interests in repressing the Michael album without those 3 tracks.
Maybe they can do a repress with the original demo's like they did with Xscape. But I guess they will not do anything with it.

Yeah I don't think SONY has any interests in repressing the Michael album without those 3 tracks.
Maybe they can do a repress with the original demo's like they did with Xscape. But I guess they will not do anything with it.

sad. I really hope they will. :no:

I don't think Sony/the estate will want to draw public attention to that album again tbh.

So I listened to "Michael" again and I still find it horrible. Hollywood tonight is the star of the album but that is because I heard the demo and it's fabulous.
I really am not a fan of remixing or reworking tracks that aren't finished. Just use the demo's and don't sell the record as a "new" album because it is not new.
Have all the original recordings of this album leaked?

Vocally I also adore "best of joy" but the lyrics are too schmaltzy which became a trademark for MJ since Invincible (imo).

The majority of Xscape is pretty awful in my opinion. They completely changed much of the songs. If they had any respect for MJ they should of left them as is and possibly just updated some of the sound.

There have been so many great demo's over the years. Many of them I even prefer over the actual album versionns For example she's out of my life, the girl is mine, Hollywood tonight, in the back etc
I take those over the newly produced modern takes the Estate seems to prefer.

I take back earlier comments that there is nothing left to release. There must be hundreds of alternate takes, demo's lying around. Fully finished songs is another matter.

It would be epic to have box sets full of those with actual notes in the booklets with year of recordings and other tidbits and the musicians that were actually there in the studio

I think Michael is a brilliant album with the exception of 3 fake songs and Another Day.

Hold My Hand, Behind The Mask, Hollywood Tonight, Best of Joy & Much Too Soon are great songs that I feel if Michael had got the chance to finish and release in his lifetime, they would have been really successful. The potential is there. The Way You Love Me is also a decent song that although I am not the biggest fan of, it is still a sweet little song.

Another Day is awful though. I think it has to be probably the most boring MJ song that I have ever heard. It's one of the very few MJ songs that I skip if it comes on. It's so boring and it feels like a chore listening to it.

Another Day is awful though. I think it has to be probably the most boring MJ song that I have ever heard. It's one of the very few MJ songs that I skip if it comes on. It's so boring and it feels like a chore listening to it.

Do you feel the same about the leaked snippet too though? It's one of my favorites, and I was so disappointed about the Michael version.

Do you feel the same about the leaked snippet too though? It's one of my favorites, and I was so disappointed about the Michael version.

I don't know if it's the same leaked snippet that you are referring to, but I can vaguely remember listening to a leaked version of Another Day a few months before the release of Michael and I quite liked it. But the version on Michael disappointed me too.

Back