HIStory Book II (what would be your tracklist)

Albion

Proud Member
Michael never got to release HIStory Book II. But if he had, what do you think the track list would have been. This hypothetical album could just be a second greatest hits like disc 1 of HIStory or could include an album of unreleased songs like disc 2. I’m interested to hear your suggestions.

Contrary to what some of his collaborators have stated, Michael Jackson was never meant to release the 'HIStory, Book II' album.

The 'HIStory, Book II' album is, in a sense, all his subsequent albums (after 1995).

Many other artists have also done the same thing (i.e., they intentionally released only the Volume I of a certain album).

HIStory Book II
Disc 1 (hits after HIStory Book I)
Blood on the Dance Floor (#1 UK)
Ghosts (#5 UK)
You Rock My World (#2 UK, #10 US)
Butterflies (#14 US)
One More Chance (#5 UK)
Disc 2 (new songs)
Another Day
Hollywood Tonight
A Place With No Name
Hold My Hand
She Was Loving Me
The Way You Love Me
Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Blue Gangsta
Xscape
We've Had Enough

Last edited:
Contrary to what some of his collaborators have stated, Michael Jackson was never meant to release the 'HIStory, Book II' album.

The 'HIStory, Book II' album is, in a sense, all his subsequent albums (after 1995).
This has to be one of your silliest responses yet.

This hypothetical album could just be a second greatest hits like disc 1 of HIStory or could include an album of unreleased songs like disc 2.
I'm totally against when they combine new material and old material on the same album. It's just not acceptable.

Besides, we simply don't need another greatest hits compilation.

Basically the BOTDF album could have worked as History Book II if the idea of additional remixes were scrapped in favour of old hit songs. And by making it a 10 plus 10 songs set.

As for the 5 other "new" songs Michael would have chosen almost completed songs due to limited studio time between both HWT legs.

Song selection (in random order) would have been similar to this:

Disc 1
01 Smooth Criminal
02 Liberian Girl
03 Dirty Diana
04 Human Nature
05 Working Day And Night
06 Remember The Time
07 Who Is It
08 State Of Shock
09 Heartbreak Hotel
10 Someone In The Dark