History tour - 16:9 discussion

Brad Buxer told the story at the NY event?

The vocals have been used. You can hear them :)

The only non-album playback vocals in the entire show are Michael singing a couple of Janet lines on Scream, everything else is just the original recordings.

Are you sure they were talking about the HIStory tour? Michael Prince has spoken before about recording new playback vocals for This is It, but he wasn’t in charge of playback on the HIStory tour, he was Sugarfoot’s drum tech.

Honestly I think we just need to let the HIStory Tour be. There's plenty of shows from it all over Youtube, so it's not like we're desperate for new footage. And it's Michael's worst tour so why keep bringing attention to it?

I'll take the VHS quality 1988 Wembley show over any HD HIStory Tour show.

Last edited:
I'm sure if the estate wanted to, they could isolate vocals from later/earlier shows and stitch together a HD "history tour" show without stating Munich as an escape clause.
I think this makes the most sense for History - have a compilation of the best dance performance of each song from any different date. The question is - would it be possible to find live vocals for every song? I don't think so.

What Michael Prince talked about at the seminar was the re-recording of vocal lines for This Is It, they recorded a few lines for Stranger in Moscow but they never went much further than this, apparently they didn't even finish the re-recording of Stranger, I don't think he mentioned MJ re-recording vocals for the HIStory tour.

I think this makes the most sense for History - have a compilation of the best dance performance of each song from any different date. The question is - would it be possible to find live vocals for every song? I don't think so.

If there are more multitrack recordings of the shows similar to Munich then I guess something can be done, MJ always sung under the lip sync, now whether he sounds good or not on the isolated vocal track remains to be seen

Back