Hollywood Tonight Vocal Question

pinballmaster

Proud Member
I'm sorry if this has been answered in the past.....
Why are the vocals on Hollywood Tonight bad quality?
It's like they had one vocal layer and Auto-tuned the crap out of it.
Imo, it's not even auto-tuned well.
Something like Melodyne should have been used to properly tweak each word. Instead, what I hear is a lazy Auto-tune automatic settings tweak job.
It's also kind of sounds like they turned the pitch up a bit making it sound unlike Michael at times.
Is it basically a glorified demo? Like there isn't an original finished version better than what was released?
Who originally recorded/produced the track?

They have messed up with every song on the album

If you told me Hollywood Tonight was the fake track I would've believed it.

I still prefer the Teddy mix to any other. Imperfect, but the overall production has so much life and vibe. The demo is a little bland for me.

If you told me Hollywood Tonight was the fake track I would've believed it.
Back when the Michael album came out A LOT of people believed Hollywood Tonight was one of the fake tracks.
Can't blame them, but personally i was always able to tell that HT was actually MJ, just fucked up in classic Teddy Riley fashion.

It is bland but it's authentic. And that's all that matters.
If we’re talking authenticity, of course it’s the best version. But if we’re talking actual execution and intrigue, I gotta give it to Teddy.

The Throwback Mix is also great, if only they didn’t directly take the “Billie Jean” drums.

I love the demo personally, just wish it had leaked in lossless.
The leaked MP3 is full of distortion and it makes me sad
I love how consistent you are. And you are right. I take it for granted that there is no good leaks. Though didn't the sony server hack bore some fruit

Back