How did I miss this? (Burn This Disco Out remix by The Reflex)

SoCav

Proud Member
This Burn This Disco Out remix by The Reflex has apparently been out for over half a year, but I didn't stumble upon it until a few weeks ago. I have been listening to it very frequently since then. I used the search function here to see if there was any discussion about it, but didn't see a single mention of it, so figured I might not be the only one who missed it upon release.

They really did an excellent job on this. It sounds great, builds up incredibly well and really highlights the funkiness of this underrated Temperton gem (has always been one of my favs from Off The Wall). If you can sit still while listening to this I don't know what to tell you! The dude that remixed it made it using the stems and it's great to get to hear some things in (semi-)isolation. Also listen for the adlibs we haven't heard before (e.g. 5.15, 5.21). Apart from the siren at the beginning (which returns once later in the song), no annoying sound effects were mixed in either (like on the otherwise excellent Get Kon The Floor mix).

Like the Get Kon The Floor mix and Nick's Off The Wall mix, this is another Off The Wall remix that stay largely faithful to the original track. Give it a listen, it's fantastic! If you like this, check out the guy's work on YouTube or Soundcloud. He has made several similar mixes (including a Rock With You, Thriller and ABC mix) of various artists' songs. Have come across a few very good ones.

Last edited:
Awesome, I love faithful quality mixes.... thanks! Do you have a link to the remix by Nick? I don't believe I've ever heard it..

@soCav - it is indeed a superb remix. Very underrated track from OTW imo.

The original 'uptown funk'.

Shame about the sirens. It cheapens the remix slightly. Never the less I understand its point - fire engines, fire, fire in the disco, burn :lol:

Back