How good did MJ sound after 2005 ?

In my opinion he sounds wonderful. When I first heard the Hold My Hand leak in 2008 it blew my mind. He sounds so young and angelic. If I didn't know he was 49\50, I could easily guess he's much much less than that. You also got fans who don't believe WBSS 08 is new vocals - that's how good he sounded after 2005!

Am I correct in thinking that the only new vocal parts on Thriller 25 were WBSS 08 and parts of For All Time? The Kanye West remix of Billie Jean and the dreadful Beat It duet with Fergie uses the original vocals doesn't it?

Yessir, the bridge to "For All Time" was recorded in October 2007, along with some fresh piano parts from Eddie Cascio. (Not even kidding here, he's credited in the album booklet.) I believe the WBSS 2008 vocals were recorded the next month - around the same time as Hold My Hand - though I could very well be wrong.

Listen to Human Nature and I Just Can't Stop Loving You in TII. - And the rest of the live vocals - even J5 medley, especially I'll be there - and the ending.

Perfect vocals. - He most have trained vocals very much to be at his best again. - And he really was !

I've recently been obsessed with the WBSS 2008 vocals, even though the verse sounds a little distorted.

I've recently been obsessed with the WBSS 2008 vocals, even though the verse sounds a little distorted.

Same :D Since 2 days I only listened WBSS' 2008, for me he's better in this version than the original. So I think his voice during this Era (2003|2008-9) sounds awesome.

That damn Cascio studio. :lol:

To me they don't sound distorted, but they do sound very dry and kinda badly mixed. It was very cool to hear Michael sing some of his classic vocals in a studio setting again, after all those years. I prefer the original album vocals, but do really like the grit on "really" ('you really can't make him hate her')!

Yessir, the bridge to "For All Time" was recorded in October 2007, along with some fresh piano parts from Eddie Cascio. (Not even kidding here, he's credited in the album booklet.) I believe the WBSS 2008 vocals were recorded the next month - around the same time as Hold My Hand - though I could very well be wrong.
Agreed about the keyboard parts, but I don't think new bridge vocals were recorded. At the Sundberg seminar he played a For All Time demo from 1990 and it contained full vocals for the bridge, that sounded exactly the same as the ones on the album. I know that on the DAT leak the bridge vocals are either not as audible or not there in the same capacity, but on that demo Brad played they were definitely as loud and clear as on the album. Eddie got credited for recording additional vocals on WBSS 2008 and additional keyboards on For All Time, but I don't think there is any mention of additional vocals on For All Timein the T25 booklet, right?

Agreed about the keyboard parts, but I don't think new bridge vocals were recorded. At the Sundberg seminar he played a For All Time demo from 1990 and it contained full vocals for the bridge, that sounded exactly the same as the ones on the album. I know that on the DAT leak the bridge vocals are either not as audible or not there in the same capacity, but on that demo Brad played they were definitely as loud and clear as on the album. Eddie got credited for recording additional vocals on WBSS 2008 and additional keyboards on For All Time, but I don't think there is any mention of additional vocals on For All Timein the T25 booklet, right?

Really? Hmm... all I've read has indicated that the vocals for For All Time were recorded in October 2008... interesting!

Checking the T25 booklet right now you may be right - Cascio is only credited for keyboards.

Back