How likely is that we will get the following anniversary reissues in the next 10 years?

Nite Line

Proud Member
2025: History 30
2026: Invincible 25
2027: Bad 40
2029: Off The Wall 50
2031: Dangerous 40
2032: Thriller 50

What is the likelihood of each reissue happening?

Last edited:
I hate to be that guy but… ZERO possibility. There is a higher chance of a sequel to LN with a plot twist where Safechuck and Robson reveal it was all only a dream. And you know how impossible that sounds!

Considering the reported super low budget approach to the biggest album ever, we can all imagine the likelihood of other rereleases...

I am going to stick to my theory that Estate is testing waters, not creating too much hoopla, afraid to wake up the low life negative media. So if they get good response now, I will see another release in my lifetime.

HIStory 30 - The Estate did have HIStory 25 planned but it was cancelled due to Covid, I'd say it's the most likely to happen.
Invincible 25 - Forget it lol
Bad 40 - I'm not sure, maybe if Thriller 40 goes well? I would love to see it happening, they could go nuts with Disc 2.
Off The Wall 50 - If all they gave us was chalk on the 30th anniversary then they'll give us something just as lame for the 50th anniversary (if they make one) lol.

There is really no point in these anniversary reissues mainly because such reissues cannot recreate the magic and feel when they originally came out.

The only point in them is for the record companies/labels which they can profit from such reissues (if these reissues become commercially successful).

In any case, the 'Invincible' album seems more likely to get an anniversary reissue, and they have valid reasons for that.

Rodney Jerkins (who was vastly involved in its making) is going to support such a reissue, given his statement that this album needs to be re-released.

Rodney Jerkins also has (in his personal video cameras) unseen footage from those sessions, and he is perfectly aware that the singer's fans really want to buy and watch such stuff.

Also, they can even resume the activity of the singles releases, which abruptly ended at that time due to known disputes (the planned singles were at least 5).

Additionally, the 'Invincible' album recording sessions still seem to have a considerable number of complete/nearly complete outtakes from which they can choose for inclusion as bonus tracks.

It is worth noting that the 'HIStory' album does not need to have an anniversary release because it is both an original album and an anniversary version of that album at the same time (2 gold discs, many songs, glossy and multi-page booklet, etc).

I am going to stick to my theory that Estate is testing waters, not creating too much hoopla, afraid to wake up the low life negative media. So if they get good response now, I will see another release in my lifetime.
Pretty sure I read the same theory here years ago during the OTW chalk release and Scream.

I think Branca just wants to focus for big revenue projects like the musical and does not care for album releases. It seems hes just doing them because of the contract with Sony, and with as few effort as possible.

If we assume Branca is running the Estate like a business to make profit rather than to preserve Michael's legacy, this would make sense. He is not family, probably not even a fan, he would have no emotional interest in doing things just to keep the Legacy alive. Perhaps that's the difference between the supposedly 'well run' Estates and Michael's.

Off The Wall 50 - If all they gave us was chalk on the 30th anniversary then they'll give us something just as lame for the 50th anniversary (if they make one) lol.
They could give the fans a girlfriend an inflatable doll.🙃

The Estate doesn't care that much about the fans, they'll probably give us a brick and say it's from the wall of the album's cover.
I'm so up for this! If there is any leftover chalk I'll take a piece of that plus my brick and try to do some graffiti. Street art! Bring it on, lol.

Of course, I don't identify as a fan so I probably won't be allowed to have a brick. My brick will have to be a Bootleg Brick, lol. Perhaps my brick will have the graffiti already installed. :D

Also, they can even resume the activity of the singles releases, which abruptly ended at that time due to known disputes (the planned singles were at least 5).
Yes, just what we want, Invincible Music Videos with no MJ. Videos like Cry, over and over. And maybe some anime lyrics videos too?

I would say OTW 50 and THRILLER 50 were a dead cert. I hope BAD 40 happens as there's still much more to be released from that era. Same goes for DANGEROUS 35 or 40, which is now very overdue a special release with bonus material. Like 21 years overdue since that SE bonus disc that never happened in 2001. Not sure about HISTORY or how they'd market that. INVINCIBLE really needs some kind of rerelease with a bonus disc of outtakes/ demos / alternate versions.

I don't know about OTW 50 and Thriller 50 but Imo HIStory 30 is guaranteed to happen. The Estate did have plans for it (remember the remastered Billie Jean concert leak?) but it was cancelled (or postponed, can't remember.) because of Covid. And although HIStory doesn't have that many outtakes there's still enough to make a small disc 2. Changes, Basszouille, Innocent Man, Willing And Waiting, Much Too Soon (either the demo or the Bruce Swedien mix), In The Back and On The Line (if they decide to re-release the songs from the UTC). It would make for an interesting project, after all anything is better than the merchandises they went with for HIStory 25 lmao.

I would say OTW 50 and THRILLER 50 were a dead cert. I hope BAD 40 happens as there's still much more to be released from that era. Same goes for DANGEROUS 35 or 40, which is now very overdue a special release with bonus material. Like 21 years overdue since that SE bonus disc that never happened in 2001. Not sure about HISTORY or how they'd market that. INVINCIBLE really needs some kind of rerelease with a bonus disc of outtakes/ demos / alternate versions.

Invincible needs a re-release with the promotion it didn't get in 2001!
Even if there is no bonuses included i'd be happy about that since Invincible is so underrated.
Maybe just like 3 unheard demos and the short films in HD or 4K + a proper new mixed album.

Invincible needs a re-release with the promotion it didn't get in 2001!
Even if there is no bonuses included i'd be happy about that since Invincible is so underrated.
Maybe just like 3 unheard demos and the short films in HD or 4K + a proper new mixed album.
Agree! It's really underrated. Though I did not like it at first, I have grown to love it and listen to it all the time now a days. It deserves a release with some promotion (well !!??).

Michael’s plan was to release Unbreakable as the lead single from Invincible. He also had plans for the music video which included a bunch of bad guys pushing him off the roof, if I am not mistaken. Imagine if we get Invincible 25, maybe they can give us the music video for Unbreakable in animated form, making Michael’s vision come to life.

Last edited:
Michael’s plan was to release Unbreakable as the lead single from Invincible. He also had plans for the music video which included a bunch of bad guys pushing him off the roof, if I am not mistaken. Imagine if we get Invincible 25, maybe they can give us the music video for Unbreakable in animated form, making Michael’s vision come to life.
I would find it very hollow. It was a once in a lifetime experience to have it made to be honest, and pretending like they can do it now is quite honestly sick. The best they can do is release the songs as singles and maybe just talk about how it all got screwed over. But that's just my pessimism talking, this era makes me more bitter than This Is It tbh.

I would find it very hollow. It was a once in a lifetime experience to have it made to be honest, and pretending like they can do it now is quite honestly sick. The best they can do is release the songs as singles and maybe just talk about how it all got screwed over. But that's just my pessimism talking, this era makes me more bitter than This Is It tbh.
In the day and age of streaming, releasing old songs as singles doesn't make sense.

But Invincible era was such a missed opportunity. While it wasn't a perfect albums, it still had some gems like Break of Dawn, Butterflies, Whatever Happens, Threatened, Heartbreaker that deserved to be released as singles. But because of what happened between Sony and Michael, these songs are largely forgotten by the public.

Back in April we thought Thriller 40 was April fool's joke. I will keep my hopes up till they are officially squashed. It should not be too hard to reissue with a couple of outtakes and demos.
The difference being that Thriller is Thriller, and as we all already know, that's the only MJ album to exist :) going off the estate's pov, at least.

Back