How the OFF THE WALL 50th Anniversary should look like

mjfp

Proud Member
Country
Germany
THIS IS HOW THE OFF THE WALL 50TH ANNIVERSARY SHOULD BE CELEBRATED

CAUTION: This is my immagination of how it should be released! It won't be happen/it's not officially announced!

In early 2029, the Michael Jackson Estate announces the 50th anniversary editon of Off The Wall via Social Media/TV and release it in August 2029.
The Standard Edition only contains Disc 1 and a cut down Disc 2 with less unreleased songs.
The Deluxe Edition is a big book in a box with all discs and written every song with lyrics (including demos, remixes etc.) and when it was originally released, recorded, produced etc.

OFF THE WALL (Expanded Edition)
Standard Edition: 20$
Deluxe Edition: 150$

Disc 1 - Album
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
- Rock With You
- Working Day And Night
- Get On The Floor
- Off The Wall
- Girlfriend
- She's Out Of My Life
- I Can't Help It
- It's The Falling In Love
- Burn This Disco Out

Disc 2 - Bonus
- What A Lonely Way To Go
- Goin' To Rio
- Holiday Inn
- Thank You For Life
- Iowa
- Ode To Sorrow
- Ease On Down The Road
- You Can't Win
- A Brand New Day
- Sunset Driver
- Susie
- That Girl
- We Are The Ones
- Gotta Find A Way Somehow
- In The Life Of Chico
- Under Your Skin
- You Told Me Your Lovin'

Disc 3 - Duets
- What A Fool Believes - The Doobie Brothers
- What A Fool Believes (Extended Version) - The Doobie Brothers
- Who's Right, Who's Wrong (only in BG vocals) - Kenny Logins
(did someone find others in Off The Wall era?)

Disc 4 - Remix
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Masters At Work Remix)
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Roger's Underground Solution Mix)
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Enough Mix)
- Rock With You (Masters At Work Remix)
- Rock With You (Frankie's Favorite Club Mix)
- Rock With You (Frankie Knuckles Radio Mix)
- Rock With You (Frankie's Favorite Club Mix Radio Edit)
- Off The Wall (Junior Vasquez Remix)

Disc 5 - Demos (alternate takes would've been also on this disc)
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Demo)
- Rock With You (Demo)
- Working Day And Night (Demo)
- Get On The Floor (Demo)
- Off The Wall (Demo)
- Girlfriend (Demo)
- She's Out Of My Life (Demo)
- I Can't Help It (Demo)
- It's The Falling In Love (Demo)
- Burn This Disco Out (Demo)

Disc 6 - Alternate
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Original 12" Edit)
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (European Single Version)
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (US Single Version)
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (2003 Edit)
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Reprise)
- Rock With You (Original Album Version)
- Rock With You (Single Version)
- Rock With You (Japan Promo Edit)
- Working Day And Night (Single Version)
- Get On The Floor (Original Album Version)
- Off The Wall (European Single Version)
- Off The Wall (US Single Version)
- Off The Wall (Japan Promo Edit)
- Off The Wall (Argentinian Promo Edit)

Disc 7 - Instrumental
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Instrumental)
- Rock With You (Instrumental)
- Working Day And Night (Instrumental)
- Get On The Floor (Instrumental)
- Off The Wall (Instrumental)
- Girlfriend (Instrumental)
- She's Out Of My Life (Instrumental)
- I Can't Help It (Instrumental)
- It's The Falling In Love (Instrumental)
- Burn This Disco Out (Instrumental)

Disc 8 - A Capella
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (A Capella)
- Rock With You (A Capella)
- Working Day And Night (A Capella)
- Get On The Floor (A Capella)
- Off The Wall (A Capella)
- Girlfriend (A Capella)
- She's Out Of My Life (A Capella)
- I Can't Help It (A Capella)
- It's The Falling In Love (A Capella)
- Burn This Disco Out (A Capella)

Disc 9 - Blu-ray (96khz, 24bit - Dolby Atmos, 7.1, 5.1, 2.0)
- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
- Rock With You
- Working Day And Night
- Get On The Floor
- Off The Wall
- Girlfriend
- She's Out Of My Life
- I Can't Help It
- It's The Falling In Love
- Burn This Disco Out
BONUS
- Commercial TV Spots
- Interviews

In the following years of 1980-1981, Michael's short films will be released in high resolution on Blu-ray and DVD with new documentarys for each song

- Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough (Blu-ray/DVD) contains: Short Film, Documentary, Subtitles, Dolby Atmos, 7.1, 5.1, 2.0
- Rock With You (Blu-ray/DVD) contains: Short Film, Documentary, Subtitles, Dolby Atmos, 7.1, 5.1, 2.0
- She's Out Of My Life (Blu-ray/DVD) contains: Short Film, Documentary, Subtitles, Dolby Atmos, 7.1, 5.1, 2.0

In 1980, The Jacksons: Destiny Tour concert in Oakland will be released on Blu-ray/DVD and Digital
- The Jacksons: Live In Oakland (December 16, 1979) (Blu-ray/DVD/Digital) contains: Subtitles, Dolby Atmos, 7.1, 5.1, 2.0

Last edited:
They would never produce such a release because frankly they would lose too much money on this. Think about the cost of manufacturing 9 discs…. Way too expensive. One can dream tho.

They would never produce such a release because frankly they would lose too much money on this. Think about the cost of manufacturing 9 discs…. Way too expensive. One can dream tho.
Do they even sell discs anymore lol. We don’t need anymore anniversary albums. You got the chalk and a crappy spike Lee doc that enough for Off the wall. New songs or nothing, move along😂

I haven't seen the documentary. Is it really that bad?
I didn't watched the Bad 25 documentary so in my opinion the OTW doc is ok/good. Can't compare it to Bad 25 because the Blu-ray can't be shipped to Europe :(

BAD25 was great - so after that the OTW-dow was a downer...

Too many irrelevant people talking about MJ and the album/the songs. Had it only been people involved in MJ's circle around that time and people who helped create the album - that would have been OK. But there are so many people talking and I really do not care about their opinions...

BAD25 was great - so after that the OTW-dow was a downer...

Too many irrelevant people talking about MJ and the album/the songs. Had it only been people involved in MJ's circle around that time and people who helped create the album - that would have been OK. But there are so many people talking and I really do not care about their opinions...
This is useful to know. I had assumed it would mostly be people involved in the making of the album. If it's mainly people just saying how great it is, not so interested. If you have the ability to properly assess the album and place it in a cultural context, then fair enough. But if you're merely saying it was a great album, that is not going to make a dynamic documentary.

^^^

It has that too, but I remember feeling too many random people were just talking about the album and it annoyed me...

It is many years since I last saw the doc, so I can't remember exactly. Maybe others have seen it more recently and can come with their imputs. :)

And regarding the topic - I like the idea but 150 $ is too expensive.

I like the idea of instrumentals and accapellas - but remixes is not for fans anyway, so they don't fit in. I have never heard a fan who said he regularly listens to remixes or likes them. Most fan don't like remixes on BOTDF, BAD25, T25 etc. - so please just drop remixes.

BUT - make a LIVE album - like The Jacksons LIVE. - Release more concerts from J5 and The Jacksons as live albums and then mosrt importantly - Release live concerts on streaming. The Jackson 5 and The Jacksons concerts would be great - the more the better.

I like the idea of instrumentals and accapellas - but remixes is not for fans anyway, so they don't fit in. I have never heard a fan who said he regularly listens to remixes or likes them. Most fan don't like remixes on BOTDF, BAD25, T25 etc. - so please just drop remixes.
I put the remixes in because they were officially released during his lifetime and I just wanted to have everything in one box set.

You have eaten some delicious mushrooms that’s for sure.

I would be ecstatic if it was just the second disc of your proposal though, I’d probably donate a kidney for that or a testicle, anything really.

Back