How to learn dance like michael?

Condor9333

Proud Member
Hello everyone i was wondering how to learn dance like MJ?
Is there some viddeos or classes?

I just found this site which offer 3 dvd from professional,does anyone have experience with hose?
http://anthony-king.com/

Are dvds enough since where i live theres no that kind of class (in USA there is classes just for MJ dancing)?

Thanks

Don't watch or buy a DVD of anyone else doing it. I learned from watching Michael over and over and over. It doesn't happen overnight and honestly I don't think anyone (including myself) will ever get it 100% right but you've got to work as hard as possible to get it as close to the original as you can. Just watch Michael, he's the real teacher. :)

I've actually been to a couple of Anthony King classes in London and they were great fun! He is so patient and always praises the hell out of Michael! But most people watched his videos over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ;) lol

I've actually been to a couple of Anthony King classes in London and they were great fun! He is so patient and always praises the hell out of Michael! But most people watched his videos over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again ;) lol

Yes i know,but you cant learn some complicated moves like moonwalk without step by step vdeos.
Do did Anthony teach you well?
Should i buy dvds?

Don't watch or buy a DVD of anyone else doing it. I learned from watching Michael over and over and over. It doesn't happen overnight and honestly I don't think anyone (including myself) will ever get it 100% right but you've got to work as hard as possible to get it as close to the original as you can. Just watch Michael, he's the real teacher. :)

Yeah but Michael dont show step by step how to do moonwalk,how to do spins...

Yes i know,but you cant learn some complicated moves like moonwalk without step by step vdeos.
Do did Anthony teach you well?
Should i buy dvds?

Michael does teach a few news reporters how to moonwalk (Martian Bashir, I think Oprah as well). There are videos on youtube.

Here's Anthony King's moonwalk instruction video :)

He has a few other videos online too give them a look! :yes:

Hi there. If you do not mind watching a dude dissect some of his moves while talking in French, type the word "Ramady" on youtube. I do not know how active he is nowadays but i know he's really good. :)

Michael does teach a few news reporters how to moonwalk (Martian Bashir, I think Oprah as well). There are videos on youtube.

Here's Anthony King's moonwalk instruction video :)

He has a few other videos online too give them a look! :yes:

thank you

I've been dancing like Michael since I was 3 years old, it's one area I do feel I do well.. One thing I did to really get Michael down, and not just steps, is watching him young... there's an evolution in his dance where specific moves stem from movements he'd do as a kid, so if you practice that the other stuff will build around it.. Also I studied the dancers he studied to understand the mind of where it comes from and why specific movements come at specific times.. This really help free style MJ moves to songs he may have never performed to but you can really feel what he may have done if he did..

If there are any specific movements you try to pick up feel free to reach out to me, I'll try helping as much as I can.

I'm a terrible dancer, but it doesn't stop me from trying. I learned by taking footage of his concerts and slowing it down. It really helps catching the tiny little intricate movement. Youtube is also a big help.

Gotta feel the music! :punk: And practice practice practice! I've known how to moonwalk for years, but that's about it. I've now decided to learn how to dance like MJ too and shall start practicing after I post this reply. Lol good luck!

The best way you can learn to dance like Michael is watching his concerts on a loop.That's how I learned.I studied every single step,and practiced until my feet bled out(not literally) and I try my hardest.I still cannot perfect the moonwalk(probably because of the left half of my body,but whatever),but I do almost everything to the best of my ability.

Actually, you can learn complicated steps like the moonwalk by just watching Michael. Specifically watch Private Home Movies where he's trying to teach Jordan how to moonwalk, he basically tells you what it is there. And as someone said, watch concerts and other performances in a loop. It's how I learned, and you'll never get it to be 100% like Michael, but with practice you'll be good enough. I've been doing it for a few years now and my friends and strangers that I dance in front of now think I'm pretty good. Especially Billie Jean, I know that by heart almost.

Actually, you can learn complicated steps like the moonwalk by just watching Michael. Specifically watch Private Home Movies where he's trying to teach Jordan how to moonwalk, he basically tells you what it is there. And as someone said, watch concerts and other performances in a loop. It's how I learned, and you'll never get it to be 100% like Michael, but with practice you'll be good enough. I've been doing it for a few years now and my friends and strangers that I dance in front of now think I'm pretty good. Especially Billie Jean, I know that by heart almost.

Okay thanks :)
Yeah he does explain moonwalk to Oprah,Jordan and Bashir,but he doesnt explain side glide,robotics those complicated moves.
Ill watch some Anthony kings videos on yt

I'm a terrible dancer, but it doesn't stop me from trying. I learned by taking footage of his concerts and slowing it down. It really helps catching the tiny little intricate movement. Youtube is also a big help.

Thanks Savanna,
i think the same-watching MJs moves and yt videos.
Im not terrible dancer,i know classic dancess but Mj has more complex moves and dance routine.

Back