'Human Nature' clip in Moonwalker

goodbyepicasso

Proud Member
What's the story behind the short clip of 'Human Nature' they show in Moonwalker?

Did they make it for Moonwalker to include as part of the montage?
Was it something they worked on at the time of the song's release, but shelved?
Who worked on it?

I think it's beautiful, and would have loved to have seen a full-length version of it.
If anyone knows any more, please share!

It was made just for Moonwalker. There was never a real video for it, so part of the montage of his hit singles, they made it using photoshoots from single covers from Thriller era.

Speaking of Human Nature, does anyone know what Michael is singing in the very far back vocals-I can make out the words "favorite playground", but that's it-and that might even be wrong. This has been driving me crazy for about four or so years now, since I heard my old cassette on a much better sound system-I even googled the question once and people responded that it was just "scat singing". I have even been thinking about writing Daryl Phinnessee at DWTS about it, since I watched him and Michael singing a bit of it in the TII movie.

Although it's been said it was made for Moonwalker, I still believe a video exists in the archives :lol:

Speaking of Human Nature, does anyone know what Michael is singing in the very far back vocals-I can make out the words "favorite playground", but that's it-and that might even be wrong. This has been driving me crazy for about four or so years now, since I heard my old cassette on a much better sound system-I even googled the question once and people responded that it was just "scat singing". I have even been thinking about writing Daryl Phinnessee at DWTS about it, since I watched him and Michael singing a bit of it in the TII movie.

Oh yeah i have been wondering the same thing ever since i saw TII. To me it sounds like he is saying "play around, play around" lol.

I always thought it was (something) play around... I can't for the life of me figure it out. I hope to ask somebody one day, maybe if I ever meet Quincy he'll tell me!

Lark

I thought it was a real video..I could have sworn I watch the full video back in the day before Moonwalker

I'm sure I read somewhere he had planned to do a short film, but he didn't have the time. Then he planned to release a live performance from the Victory Tour, like Another Part Of Me, but wasn't satisfied with his performances in general on the tour, as he says in his book Moonwalk, so he scrapped the short film. I just can't remember where I read it sorry.

I remember I was so starry-eyed the first time I saw this clip lol, I'm still in love with Human Nature to this day. Such a pity, I loved the scribble-sketch style of the clip, would've made for a hot video/short film. :shades:

At the beginning of Human Nature on TII when they are practicing it sounds like they are singing "keeping her around"

I thought it was a real video..I could have sworn I watch the full video back in the day before Moonwalker
Yes I have the same, I think I remember it being played on MTV too, because I didn't really like it (being spoiled with his short films lol)

Speaking of Human Nature...

The intro and fantastic ad-libs at the end (if theyy sayyy whyyy) really enhanced the song.

Was this the full version? Better than the cut down Thriller one. Same goes for lady in my life - no time for castles in space ... Man why did they cut that out 😞

Speaking of Human Nature...

The intro and fantastic ad-libs at the end (if theyy sayyy whyyy) really enhanced the song.

Was this the full version? Better than the cut down Thriller one. Same goes for lady in my life - no time for castles in space ... Man why did they cut that out 😞

That is a remix made by Groovefunkel using alternate vocal takes.

I used to get emotional when I watched the clip as a kid....this song made me feel all warm inside lol

You could ask AI to complete the video based on the existing part.

That's why they won't release any footage? MJ hated seeing himself in 84.
I thought he felt that way about off the wall. To the point he changed the cover from afro to the pants & shoes. & honestly he doesn't look anything like the off the wall cover. Not during destiny or triumph. It looks like a whole other person

Back