Hypothetical

filmandmusic

Proud Member
If you were to be banished to a far away island all alone and you were allowed to bring with you 1 MJ album, 1 MJ photograph and 1 as of now unheard demo/outtake what would be your choices?

Sorry for the torture but you really need to keep to the rules… or otherwise I will let hiker ban you for life…

MJ album? Dangerous. Not because it's my favorite album, but because my favorite song (Will You Be There) is on it, and I just simply couldn't survive without that song...

MJ photograph? This one, easily.
cbe488202bafc61d325ed2c41d07a906.jpg

As for one unreleased demo/outtake, I'm not entirely sure... I still need to think on this one hjwbhefwjf 😭😭

If you were to be banished to a far away island all alone and you were allowed to bring with you 1 MJ album, 1 MJ photograph and 1 as of now unheard demo/outtake what would be your choices?

Sorry for the torture but you really need to keep to the rules… or otherwise I will let hiker ban you for life…
OK, well, @Hiker will have to ban me, then, bc I'm built to break rules. I don't need an album or a demo. I'll just take the photo.

This one:

Not allowed to make a own cd? lll get all of them in one cd...no?
Then I take Dangerous.

I take Beautiful girl.

Not allowed to make a collage? grrrr....
Then something like this;
3e25d674de9b133ecbdc812554acaa4c.jpg

I can't choose...only one? impossible!

Not allowed to make a own cd? lll get all of them in one cd...no?
Then I take Dangerous.

I take Beautiful girl.

Not allowed to make a collage? grrrr....
Then something like this;
You have bypassed my rules, clever girl 😝

Does that island have electricity?? cause I will be needing it to play my big cd. otherwise I will have to buy myself a whole life worth of batteries. Cause I won't be leaving that island! 🤣

It'd be like 'Jailhouse Rock' though. Cool dance moves. Fab, cool black outfit. Everyone joining in (who? I'm on a desert island, lol. They'd pop up from somewhere, I just know it!). These random people who somehow know all the dance moves.

Also, I've now segued into 'Jailbreak' by Thin Lizzy. I'm free! Yay!

Now I'm making a collage of Michael going from young Michael all the way through to mature era. It's fun but not what f&m had in mind, lol. :D

You know, DJ, you've completely derailed me. I was being all Zen about this, staring into the distance, practising mindfulness. Now I'm all over the place, lol.

👆👆👆 Exactly what the person above said but instead of Someone Put Your Hand Out/For All Time I'd choose either Ghost Of Another Lover or the demo of Hollywood Tonight.

The album I’d take: Dangerous

I’d take this pic, because I have always loved that photo so much! I loooooove Michael’s eyes. It’s like you can see his soul in them! 😍❤️ Besides, I could hang that pic on a tree and have imaginary convos on the island with him!! 😂😂😂 He’d be my ”Wilson”! 😂😂😂
(I can’t post the photo here, I can’t get it to work, but I hope the link works. It’s a photo Harry Benson took of Michael in 1993 at Neverland, where he’s leaning against his piano and looks at the camera and has a purple shirt on. ❤️)

https://pin.it/1qrRuvo

And an unreleased song I’d take….. Well, I don’t know too many…Probably ”Dream Away”….which would make me cry into my coconut every single time I listen to it because it’s such a beautiful song. ❤️🥲 🥲

I'd take the Bad album. I don't need a photograph; but if I have to choose one it would be the one that's on the back cover of Dangerous SE.

As for the never before heard demo/outtake: it would be definitely a song from the Encino lab - most likely Buffalo Bill.

Can I trade all of these items for food?
Brilliant! Love it. :ROFLMAO:

I think f&m thinks we can survive on the love of Michael alone, lol. That's why I was trying to be all Zen and meditate my way through this. Trying to rise above those bodily needs. Food. Water. Y'know, just the basics!

Personally, I'm waiting to be rescued. In the meantime, I have most of Michael's catalogue in my head. I often 'listen' to my music in my head which is why I didn't need to pick just one album.

Last edited:
Oh my god this is true. I can hear his music even without headphones. You are a genius )))
You're welcome! :)

Seriously, though. I have done this my entire life. Is it a generational thing? No clue. I just have always done it. I'm not gonna pretend that my 'headspace' listening is all I need. SC hits harder when I play it, no question. But I can still do SC in my head although I usually will only 'play' a short section. Sometimes I'm digging deep into a particular section and it works better - or is easier to do - when it's just in my head. Can't really explain it. I've been doing it so long, I can't really describe it properly. It's second nature to me. Other people must do this, right? Can't just be me.

Dream Away works perfectly as a 'headspace' song. That's why I didn't need to pick a demo to take with me. I already have it, lol.

Of course, if I don't take an album with me then I don't have the booklet, lyrics, Michael's messages, the photos, the graphic design. So there's that.

Back