I Am a Fan, But... (What Makes You Heretic Among Other Fans?)

He should have made a entire album of rock songs
Give into me is better than everything on Thriller
Nope Off the Wall is his greatest album, hands down. His voice, the hunger to succeed, that album is practically perfect. Just remove Girlfriend and it would be.

1. I love Girlfriend. It's the best song on OTW.
2. Smooth Criminal is the weakest track on Bad.
3. I was Janet's fan two years earlier than Michael's.
4. Invincible > OTW
5. Michael looked much better with short hair.
Girlfriend is the absolute worst song on OTW
Smooth Criminal is about the "short film" rather than the actual track
I am a bigger fan of Janet in terms of how she was not afraid to live her life her own way, MJ always seemed to be at the mercy of what the world would think
OTW > any other MJ album ever
MJ looked better during 1979 to 1982,
Triumph era was his absolute peak in terms of voice

Last edited by a moderator:
In 100 years, there will be Billie Jean and Beat It, nothing else. Some other songs might have the same potential but lack the "timeless" production/engineering style of the Thriller album

“What was up with his lip during 2001/2002?”
30th Anniversary Celebration (September 10th, 2001) - Beat It

As you can see here, there's quite a bit of Lupus scarring on Michael's top lip. Lupus is commonly treated with prednisone, noted for it's side effects of creating a "moon face" effect where it becomes puffy, round and immobile where treated.

You can see here on the left that the bit right above his upper lip is poking out, and on the right he can't unveil his upper row of teeth, that's moon face.
30th Anniversary Celebration (September 7th, 2001) - Billie Jean
30th Anniversary Celebration (September 7th, 2001) - Black Or White

Thankfully MJ recovered from this by 2003
United We Stand (October 21st, 2001) - What More Can I Give
Backstage at the BET Awards (June 24th, 2003)

When was the last time you heard it in the streets?
It is one of the most played MJ songs, especially on oldie stations. A lot more than I hear Beat It or Billie Jean actually. But nowhere near as much as Wanna' Be Startin' Somethin'.

I’ve never heard any MJ song played in the streets more than Rock With You. Oh! And Remember the Time and WBSS

I got no real problem with it being on the album but Gone Too Soon would have been better as a one off single instead of being included on Dangerous.
Instead of Someone Put Your Hand Out, y'know, that'd work. But then it'd unfortunately be lost to history, where it's objectively one of his most important ballads.

Nobody would fight you for that, only if you had picked girlfriend

PS I love girlfriend but I'm the only one in the entire fandom most likely, I have it in my top 100 posted somewhere here
I love girlfriend too! 🥰 but I also love everything he ever does 😂 so I'm probably not a good benchmark 🤭

Honestly if I'm a heretic it's that I barely ever find fault in anything Michael does or any of his music. I am in an intensely naive and blind love with him and I'm A-OK with it! 😂
I know you said this a long time ago but it's like I wrote this myself 😭💕 i'm kind of self-conscious about it but it's true.

I can see this thread turning into arguments in 3 2 1....:mat:

same for me :D

I don't mind lip sync
I love HIStory Tour
I love Jackson 5
same.
1. I also love just good friends
2. Although he was always beautiful and didnt need surgery, it never ruined his face :(
3. i still like speed demon, but its my least favorite on the bad album because its a completely different style of singing (love the short film tho :) )

30th Anniversary Celebration (September 10th, 2001) - Beat It

As you can see here, there's quite a bit of Lupus scarring on Michael's top lip. Lupus is commonly treated with prednisone, noted for it's side effects of creating a "moon face" effect where it becomes puffy, round and immobile where treated.

You can see here on the left that the bit right above his upper lip is poking out, and on the right he can't unveil his upper row of teeth, that's moon face.
30th Anniversary Celebration (September 7th, 2001) - Billie Jean
30th Anniversary Celebration (September 7th, 2001) - Black Or White

Thankfully MJ recovered from this by 2003
United We Stand (October 21st, 2001) - What More Can I Give
Backstage at the BET Awards (June 24th, 2003)
In 2001 there seems to be a very unnatural gap between the lips and nose, His nose does begin to be rebuilt over time, this probably fixed the issue. Major difference between MJ's nose in 2001 to 2009. By 2009 MJ looked back to his 'Dangerous' self again!

In 2001 there seems to be a very unnatural gap between the lips and nose, His nose does begin to be rebuilt over time, this probably fixed the issue. Major difference between MJ's nose in 2001 to 2009. By 2009 MJ looked back to his 'Dangerous' self again!
How much of that is his hair and lack of makeup in rehearsal though.

Back