I feel wrong about prefering the DWT

I'm of the mind that no one should EVER feel bad about any of their preferences. I love BWT. It's definitely my favorite tour ever. But I absolutely love DWT and I really love HWT. I also love the Victory tour and all the Jacksons live work. I just adore Michael! I really dislike the criticism of the various tours, because it is often presented as if there is some objective truth, when the reality is that it all comes down to preference and opinion. We can all just love what we love and revel in our favorites with the people who get our perspective. Why not do that?

Since this is a thread about DWT, I'll just gush about what I love most about it. I LOVE the opening. I freak TF out whenever Michael explodes out of the "toaster" and the way he stands there so powerfully while the audience loses their mind. So bad ass. But then Jam happens and the explosions and I just diiiiiie. It's so good. Jam seriously sets me off. His whole look during that opening is so incredible too. The jacket and the belt and everything is just so powerful. I also think some of his best Billie Jean performances are during the DWT. And MITM is just such a show stopper, followed by the jet pack exit. Damn. So good 🀩 🀩 🀩 🀩 🀩 🀩

I think the Bad tour is superior in every way maybe except choreography/dance wise. The set list, the vocals, more live singing vs playback. And don't even get me started on how much better MITM sounds in the bad tour, especially the adlibs at the end. WBSS also sounds miles better in bad tour. Remember every tour after bad was borrowed time, he put everything he had into Bad because it was meant to be his last tour.

Comparing BWT and DWT is like comparing last year's phone to this year's. Barely any differences tbh.

Most fans prefer the BWT (for solo tours). I prefer the DWT, still amazing vocals and better sets and effects imo. But most fans I see despise the DWT and HWT, and talk about BWT's vocals as if MJ couldn't sing anymore. There's reasons he didnt sing in the DWT. Not because he couldn't sing but because singing live so much killed his voice. And even at 50 his voice was still there, so idk what these people are on. But I don't like how they despise everything and call the other tours bad because he lipsynced.
First and firemost, I don't think it's a bad thing to prefer any tour! Personal taste is a thing and I happen to think the DWT was lovely. I think fighting over that sorta thing is silly.

But I'd like to point out for a bit that DWT was mostly live, with only a few lip-synched songs. So he did do it, but not that much, all things considered. HWT was the other way around, mostly due to health issues, but while I do prefer live vocals overall, I'd rather see lip-synching than hear Michael unnecessarily strain his voice when he's sick.

I think the Bad tour is superior in every way maybe except choreography/dance wise. The set list, the vocals, more live singing vs playback. And don't even get me started on how much better MITM sounds in the bad tour, especially the adlibs at the end. WBSS also sounds miles better in bad tour. Remember every tour after bad was borrowed time, he put everything he had into Bad because it was meant to be his last tour.
There are several Bad Tour shows where Michael sounds sicker and way weaker vocally than he did during most of the 1992 Dangerous Tour(First Kansas show,Indianapolis,Louisville,Houston,Atlanta,Rome). That being said,the best shows from the Bad Tour still contain better vocals than the greatest performances from the Dangerous Tour.
Just in my opinion though

Back