I feel wrong about prefering the DWT

He was still extremely popular during the 90s though right ?
Absolutely!

He was still the biggest star in the world and loved by millions of fans.

It was just that he was also seen as being even more eccentric due to his behaviour and changing appearance.

His career was still in great shape even in 93 and then all hell broke lose with the allegations.

Absolutely!

He was still the biggest star in the world and loved by millions of fans.

It was just that he was also seen as being even more eccentric due to his behaviour and changing appearance.

His career was still in great shape even in 93 and then all hell broke lose with the allegations.
Yea I think after the BWT even more people knew him and so his eccentric behaviour became more visible, the DWT could've been as big without the allegations I think, apparently they wanted to go to the us for a 3rd leg

Great album, mediocre tour. That jetpack is the most epic way to leave the stage though, worth an admission ticket by itself.

As a matter of fact, most of the singer's female fans seem to prefer the Dangerous Tour and the HIStory Tour (because of his gold leotard and his gold pants, respectively).

Now, let's be honest about the overrated BAD Tour:

The 1987 leg of the BAD Tour was pretty much a reiteration of the Victory Tour.

Also, Michael Jackson improved his dance moves (by making them more elaborate and more precise) in the following 2 tours.

It has been also calculated that Michael Jackson danced more on a 'Dangerous' concert or on a 'HIStory' concert, compared to a 'BAD' concert.

The costumes of the BAD Tour look very outdated, but this for example cannot be said for the HIStory Tour.

Even the camera angles of the BAD Tour remained very predictable on each 'BAD' concert.

The Dangerous Tour and the HIStory Tour were better tours (compared to the BAD Tour), in terms of theatrics, visual effects and overall production.

But one can understand the reasons why there are fans who prefer the BAD Tour (i.e., more live singing, more freestyle/spontaneous dancing, and more enthusiasm while performing).

Nothing wrong with this. Bucharest 92 was one of the first shows I ever watched in my youth since it was available on DVD then (way before Wembley 88 came out), and those experiences of rewatching that glory will forever stick with me, so of course I have a special place in my heart for the DWT. There are better concerts than Bucharest of course (at least to me) now that we have Oslo, Copenhagen and such, pro and amateur footages, but man, my younger self was amazed at the spectacle, even by the overediting of the show, meaning it did its job then

Now if only there were more Bad Tour shows on accessible format back then, because I wasn't aware of looking on the Internet yet for concerts, so for awhile the Bad Tour didn't exist for me, but anyway, there's nothing wrong with loving the DWT

The issue is Bucharest really doesn't do the Dangerous tour justice; it's great that we have Copenhagen and Oslo but if a show like Cologne or Monza got released a lot more people would like the tour. Then again you could say the same thing about the Bad tour which had many shows that were better than the July 16th show; if a show like MSG or Wembley July 14th or Pittsburgh got released people would love the Bad tour even more.

As a matter of fact, most of the singer's female fans seem to prefer the Dangerous Tour and the HIStory Tour (because of his gold leotard and his gold pants, respectively).

Now, let's be honest about the overrated BAD Tour:

The 1987 leg of the BAD Tour was pretty much a reiteration of the Victory Tour.

Also, Michael Jackson improved his dance moves (by making them more elaborate and more precise) in the following 2 tours.

It has been also calculated that Michael Jackson danced more on a 'Dangerous' concert or on a 'HIStory' concert, compared to a 'BAD' concert.

The costumes of the BAD Tour look very outdated, but this for example cannot be said for the HIStory Tour.

Even the camera angles of the BAD Tour remained very predictable on each 'BAD' concert.

The Dangerous Tour and the HIStory Tour were better tours (compared to the BAD Tour), in terms of theatrics, visual effects and overall production.

But one can understand the reasons why there are fans who prefer the BAD Tour (i.e., more live singing, more freestyle/spontaneous dancing, and more enthusiasm while performing).
87 leg does have a weaker setlist than Dangerous Tour but I think he performed and sang better. Yokohama is my second favorite concert after Wembley. Bad Tour costumes are a lot better in my opinion. The silver shirt 1988 costume is a lot better than the golden leotard.

The issue is Bucharest really doesn't do the Dangerous tour justice; it's great that we have Copenhagen and Oslo but if a show like Cologne or Monza got released a lot more people would like the tour. Then again you could say the same thing about the Bad tour which had many shows that were better than the July 16th show; if a show like MSG or Wembley July 14th or Pittsburgh got released people would love the Bad tour even more.
I agree about Bucharest. Oslo is my favorite DWT concert.

Last edited:
Bucharest 1992 was shown on bbc1 the next day , and it was on the radio live that night oct 1 , ...so i completely went with it.

I wish Michael had used red Thriller jacked at some Dangerous Tour concerts. I liked that he did on HIStory Tour but the jacket looked too big and stiff. They should have made a better one.

Last edited:
I wish Michael had used red Thriller jacked at some Dangerous Tour concerts. I liked that he did on HIStory Tour but the jacket looked too big and stiff. They should have made a better one.
The HIStory tour should've had a red jacket but it ripped apart. If only we saw TII's red jacket on stage

I just want to lay next to you for a while
You look so beautiful tonight
Your eyes are so lovely
Your mouth is so sweet
A lot of people misunderstand me
That's because they don't know me at all
I just want to touch you
And hold you
I need you, God I need you
I love you so much

I just want to lay next to you for a while
You look so beautiful tonight
Your eyes are so lovely
Your mouth is so sweet
A lot of people misunderstand me
That's because they don't know me at all
I just want to touch you
And hold you
I need you, God I need you
I love you so much
Are you having a stroke?

Don't get me wrong, but one of MJs dumbest ideas was to keep WDAN on Dangerous, it doesn't fit the setlist at all. One of the Dangerous songs should have been picked instead (RTT, GITM, ITC).
I agree it wasn’t the best decision. WDAN is always great on stage, however, I feel like it was overperformed, especially for a song that wasn’t even a single. Keeping it in the setlist on the Bad Tour was still understandable, but by the Dangerous Tour not really.

It’s also a really long number. You could have fitted two Dangerous album songs in that timeframe.

My dangerous tour setlist consists of 14 dangerous album songs capped off by 4 “encores” of greatest hits to please the casuals. These encores would be different at each venue except billie jean this would always be performed. So in Paris he plays billie jean, man in the mirror, bad and rock with you and in London it could be for example billie jean, beat it, don’t stop till you get enough and smooth criminal.

I wish I was his tour advisor because my ideas are rock solid 😇

Back