I have to give a huge middlefinger to dutch tv guy Paul de leeuw!

So i was celebrating with my family, watching tv and waiting for the clock to turn to 0:00 , so that it would be 2010. We were watching this dutch tv program with Paul de leeuw as host. Normally i never mind him much, sometimes his show is good and i have no problems with it.

Today's show was about wishes...people in the crowd had certain wishes, alotta wishes were ridiculous and really show how LOW the level of people in general seems to be going, jesus christ. Anyway....there was a young boy of around the age of 10-12 if i have to guess. He had built a This is it kind of stage from Lego , the only thing missing was MJ figures, so that was his wish.

Someone from the show walked towards Paul and the boy and showed that they had little lego MJ figures for the boy. BUT.....among the (black skin and white skin coloured) lego figures...was a gold casket , along with a.......stretcher. I was like ...WTF!!!!! Can it get more disrespectful? On so many different levels this is very wrong...first of all...you do NOT give this to a boy who only wanted some cool figures for his custom built Lego This is it stage....secondly...it's as disrespectful as it gets towards Michael. I got so heated up when i saw this....nobody around me was liking this one bit neither. Jesus christ.

So Paul de leeuw...screw you, disrespectful bastard. I've certainly lost quite some respect for you .

That is just so wrong....disrespectful towards Michael and the child on so many levels.....he probably scarred the kid for the rest of his life......that was totally uncalled for...I am sorry you had to see such ignorance.

I really don't get it. Sure, Paul de leeuw is known to be shocking with his acts that he sometimes performs , but through the years he also seemed to had become very compassionate towards the people during his show, caring for them and giving them presents that really cheered them up. He should have given the boy simply those MJ figures from Lego and that's that. Or even better...try alittle and get a hold of a Hot Toys MJ figure...sigh.

Some people sometimes. SMH That was harsh, that guy should have gave the kids some toys and that's it. I can't believe some people sometimes.

Whaaaat...I'm glad I zapped away a while before 12 o'clock. WTF! I always kinda liked Paul 'nd thought he had respect for Michael, guess not. But yeah...it's his job to be shocking and stuff right.
How sad if you need to do that in such a way.:rolleyes2:

What's wrong with people there's no respect anymore. That poor kid only wanted a MJ figure.

Susannah xx

that sounded it was right out of hand, if a kid wanted to have a Mj figure. Give him one. Not something to mess with his mind making fun of MJ's death.

We all know paul de leeuw. some people like it, others dont. But please dont say the kid must be scarred for life, come on.

Thankfully I missed this. Sounds very distasteful and like terrible behavior towards the child as well. Imo, Paul de Leeuw hasn't been funny in years, and his supposed humanitarian side seems just as much a PR-tactic to boost his profile and keep his name out there, as it seems genuine.

We all know paul de leeuw. some people like it, others dont. But please dont say the kid must be scarred for life, come on.

I agree with being scarred for life, that's not gonna happen at all. But this was simply going way too far, it's not that he couldn't have given the kid a few figures and that's it. He could have done that, through the years he has done good things for people in his show....but of course..it's about MJ..a joke..HAS to be made, sad.

Just think of Timor paying respect one channel further, doing a MJ tribute on National TV ;)

Or Guido Weijers (Dutch stand up comedian doing the new years eve show) paying a MJ tribute, by having a group of dancers doing some routines and then showing up himself in a spotlight doing a (mirrored) Billie Jean routine..

They showed respect.

Paul de Leeuw is for simple minded people..that`s why he`s got such a big audience...and still he`ll be forgotten..

Just think of Timor paying respect one channel further, doing a MJ tribute on National TV ;)

Or Guido Weijers (Dutch stand up comedian doing the new years eve show) paying a MJ tribute, by having a group of dancers doing some routines and then showing up himself in a spotlight doing a (mirrored) Billie Jean routine..

They showed respect.

Paul de Leeuw is for simple minded people..that`s why he`s got such a big audience...and still he`ll be forgotten..

Guido had a tribute...but before all of that...he did make some unnessecary jokes, but all in all i was happy with that tribute.

That sick bastard! You know what for what he did and to that kid, I'm adding him to my hate list.

On another forum they actually call it funny, they call it having a sense of humor. Oh brother.....
they say....just because you are gone, doesn't make you a saint. Wow...what kind of nonsense is that.

Last edited:
Back