I HOPE THIS IS A MISTAKE! Bad Tour Wembley Standalone DVD HAS NO BONUS FEATURES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankyboy5

Proud Member
First of all I find it funny how the Bad 25 packages are referred to as "BAD: The 25th Anniversary Editions" on both Amazon UK and the guy talking in the US TV Spot.

Something else on the Amazon UK Page:

"• This is the DVD of the July 16, 1988 concert at Wembley Stadium with no bonus features."

By the way this is written, could it mean the DVD does NOT have Bad and IJCSLY from Yokohama or TWYMMF from July 15?! Why would they do this? To make people buy the deluxe pack with the CDs and DVD and add bonus in there!

Perhaps it is just an old text before those bonus features were revealed but I'm not sure! :S

A link would be helpful- so we can compare the product description and product #number etc etc with other release links.

Ok I found the link _ http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature....23358747&pf_rd_i=B000APU04Q&tag=10xxx11045-21

Ok I clicked the product link and went directly to the DVD and desciption reads as below. So seems the stand alone DVD is Just the original concert. The Bonus features only come with the package. They are part of the package. Yes it probably an added incentive to buy the package.. Its called Good marketing ..

The DVD alone is just the July 16 Concert. Extra bonus performaces come with the package

DVD Description

The BAD World Tour was Michael’s
first concert tour as a solo artist. The legendary tour included 123 concerts
attended by more than 4.4 million fans over sixteen months. When it concluded,
the tour had shattered all previous touring records for attendance and total
gross revenue adding three new entries in the Guinness World Records for the
largest grossing tour in history, the tour with the largest attended audience
and the most sold out shows at Wembley Stadium. This is the DVD of the July 16,
1988 concert at Wembley Stadium with no bonus features.
This concert is one
complete show, exactly as Michael performed it for Prince Charles, Princess
Diana and the 72,000 fans who were in the audience for the sold out show.

Recently unearthed, the DVD was sourced from Michael Jackson’s personal VHS copy
of the performance, this footage is the only known copy of the show to exist.
The visuals have been restored and the audio quality enhanced.

Correction: Edit to add - All Wembey DVD's come with the bonus performances

I'm buying the deluxe, but I don't like these sort of tricks from record companies. Just not customer friendly and makes them look greedy.

I'm buying the deluxe, but I don't like these sort of tricks from record companies. Just not customer friendly and makes them look greedy.

Let's not talk about the HIStory album...

I noticed this too. I know some friends who were intending on buying only the Wembley DVD. I'll make sure they're aware of this.

That would blow!
Hopefully it's an oversight like when it listed it as 60 minutes.

I wouldnt say its a Trick It is listed on the product description - what is included.
It's not their fault if consumers dont read the description of the product.

I think all DVD's will be the same.

It was announced a long time ago that the Deluxe Edition will include 2 extra performances not included on the regular standalone DVD.

"In addition to the complete Wembley Show, the DVD will also contain “The Way You Make Me Feel” from Michael’s July 15th performance at Wembley Stadium. This is the only song not performed on July 16th due to the late start of that night’s show. Also included are the thrilling early performances of “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” and “Bad” from the Yokohama Stadium performance in September of 1987 during the first leg of the BAD World Tour."

http://www.michaeljackson.com/us/ne...bad-25th-anniversary-special-edition-unveiled

I wouldnt say its a Trick It is listed on the product description - what is included.
It's not their fault if consumers dont read the description of the product.
That's not really what I meant by trick. Basically it's just their way of trying to squeeze more money out of people. I've seen the same sort of thing done with Rolling Stones releases. I just don't appreciate it as a consumer. I think it's one of the reasons the whole industry is going down. You have to show respect to the people you are trying to sell to.

I dont see anything wrong here. It's not like they took out two performance of that wembley night, the DVD is about that special night, the exactly same thing the royalty and 75000 fans experienced.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. Are the doing it to give the fans who buy the deluxe an added bonus, or to make people with intentions of only buying the DVD to pay out more for the deluxe?

I'd pay $200 or more for an extra concert personally.

Buy more and get more - it's like that everywhere.

It's a very smart way to get people to buy the deluxe edition. - I think it's smart. Nothing wrong there. Buy it og leave it?!

Fair enough. Personally, I'm for the average Joe, not the billion dollar corporation.

I think it's really stupid to do that. So if the person just wants the dvd they get it without the bonus?
It's like if the Bucharest DVD came without Billie Jean and Beat It and the version with both songs included was only on the Ultimate Collection. Haha This is a joke...

I think it's really stupid to do that. So if the person just wants the dvd they get it without the bonus?
It's like if the Bucharest DVD came without Billie Jean and Beat It and the version with both songs included was only on the Ultimate Collection. Haha This is a joke...

No, it's smart marketing! - SONY and The Estate is a buisness who has to make money!

SONY is not a philanthropic corporation - Nor is The Estate. - MJ did not give his art away for free either when he lived!

I don't believe in this, they only must be kidding with us.

TWYMMF it's one of my favorite songs and I was sure that will be in the DVD, I seriously think I gonna cancel my order.

Pathetic Sony, pathetic again...

Great work SONY. - Great marketing stragedy.

The Estate is earning a LOT of money for the children too. win-win.

I dont see it as them cutting stuff out. It seems like they are just added bonuses for those who buy the deluxe versions. It does not affect the main feature at all, these are from other nights. I think the people that know about the bonuses are the ones buying the deluxe version already anyways.

I dont see it as them cutting stuff out. It seems like they are just added bonuses for those who buy the deluxe versions. It does not affect the main feature at all, these are from other nights. I think the people that know about the bonuses are the ones buying the deluxe version already anyways.

Very true. - Why buy the deluxe edition if it is not deluxe? - Deluxe means getting more than the normal edition!

This is such a wonderful release. Can't wait to get the Deluxe edition - and the cool BAD suitcase edition too.

No, it's smart marketing! - SONY and The Estate is a buisness who has to make money!

SONY is not a philanthropic corporation - Nor is The Estate. - MJ did not give his art away for free either when he lived!

I'm not saying they should give this up for free. We're paying for it, aren't we? We're paying for the DVD and I think this is very cheap. A big company like Sony don't need to do stuff like this so they can make a few more bucks, that's all I'm saying.
If you think this is ok, fine.

The big problem is not about put the bonus in DVD or not, and yes on the first days when BAD 25th was put to pre-sale, in the DVD standalone description contained the bonus track, I'm sure of it, now simply they altered the description saying that bonus are only to deluxe version, that's why i'm pissed off...

The big problem is not about put the bonus in DVD or not, and yes on the first days when BAD 25th was put to pre-sale, in the DVD standalone description contained the bonus track, I'm sure of it, now simply they altered the description saying that bonus are only to deluxe version, that's why i'm pissed off...

Well on the official MJ store, the description for the items were different. The stand alone DVD said your only getting the show and thats it. The deluxe and collectors editions named everything in the package "and more"
They were probably trying to hint you that there would be bonus material on those two items. And there is :)

Well on the official MJ store, the description for the items were different. The stand alone DVD said your only getting the show and thats it. The deluxe and collectors editions named everything in the package "and more"
They were probably trying to hint you that there would be bonus material on those two items. And there is :)

Like I said the item's description have changed, as you can see the whole official site also was changed, in the first days of pre-sale the description of DVD was clear that the bonus would come on the standalone DVD.

I really hope it isn't the case. The average Joe was is just gonna get the DVD might not know what they're missing if the extras aren't on there!

And also, I was planning on maybe getting the standalone DVD just because it has the DVD case, and the songs i wanted from iTunes (I don't care for CD's anymore).
But I'll just get the deluxe anyway. I want the 2 booklets and poster. Just would be nice to get a scan of the DVD sleeve.

I don't see any wrongdoing. It was announced a few months ago, and it's somewhat of a "bonus feature" overall for the deluxe edition. For instance, they aren't selling the concert CD as a standalone release, as it is a special feature for the box set. They aren't including The Way You Make Me Feel/I Just Can't Stop Loving You/Bad, as it is a special feature for the box set release.

It was announced as a bonus feature, but they didn't specify clearly what for.

I mean, it's fine if they say/don't say it on the box in the store, but yeah. Sucks.

It's one thing to release a DVD of a movie with NO extras, and then a separate release for TONS of extras for a few more dollars, but THIS is just silly. SILLY, I SAY!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back