If the estate released Dangerous 25, what would you want the track list to be?

@mjfanatic777

Hike Smart
Country
United-States
Ok. I know Dangerous 25 is not released or ever will be but I thought if it would what tracks would it have. So here is mine but before we star I want to mention that my D25 is going to shaped like Thriller 40 CD. It's not going to have a glitter cover but it will have one CD for the 14 original tracks and then the unreleased ons on the second CD. I just like that way but you can put all the songs on one CD if you like :) Ok no more explaining, I'll show you mine:

Dangerous 25 CD 2:
  1. Monkey Business
  2. Slave to The Rhythm
  3. Someone Put Your Hand Out
  4. Lisa It's Your Birthday
  5. Serious Effect
  6. Mind is The Magic
  7. Work that Body

I know mines is very small but those are the ones I know lol. But what do you would put on D25? Enjoy Moonwalkers!

i would probably have the same tracklist, except i'd include For All Time on it! reminding non-fans that song is ACTUALLY from the dangerous era and not thriller era (cause it was on Thriller 25 for some reason).

I can’t list an exact track list because it’s hard to determine release-worthy material off of titles alone. If I had to put together a dream template, though, here’s how I’d set up each disc of Dangerous 25:
  1. The original album, remastered from the original analog tapes by Bernie Grundman.
  2. 10-12 outtakes from the Dangerous sessions, most of which would be unleaked and previously unreleased.
  3. The cancelled 2001 bonus disc, including the handful of long-circulated outtakes (e.g., “Serious Effect,” “If You Don’t Love Me,” “She Got It,” “Work That Body”).
  4. Demos, early versions, and alternate/extended mixes of songs from Dangerous, arranged in the same order as the album.
  5. Miscellaneous material from the Dangerous era, including posthumously released demos (e.g., “Slave to the Rhythm”), B-sides (“Someone Put Your Hand Out”), tracks from Thriller 25 and The Ultimate Collection, noteworthy single edits or extended mixes, etc. (This would essentially only serve the purpose of making this reissue a one-stop shop for anything and everything from the era; most long term fans might find it unnecessary or superfluous.)
This, to me, is the ideal reissue.

I can’t list an exact track list because it’s hard to determine release-worthy material off of titles alone. If I had to put together a dream template, though, here’s how I’d set up each disc of Dangerous 25:
  1. The original album, remastered from the original analog tapes by Bernie Grundman.
  2. 10-12 outtakes from the Dangerous sessions, most of which would be unleaked and previously unreleased.
  3. The cancelled 2001 bonus disc, including the handful of long-circulated outtakes (e.g., “Serious Effect,” “If You Don’t Love Me,” “She Got It,” “Work That Body”).
  4. Demos, early versions, and alternate/extended mixes of songs from Dangerous, arranged in the same order as the album.
  5. Miscellaneous material from the Dangerous era, including posthumously released demos (e.g., “Slave to the Rhythm”), B-sides (“Someone Put Your Hand Out”), tracks from Thriller 25 and The Ultimate Collection, noteworthy single edits or extended mixes, etc. (This would essentially only serve the purpose of making this reissue a one-stop shop for anything and everything from the era; most long term fans might find it unnecessary or superfluous.)
Put a video release of a 1992 show (preferrably one of the first eight or from the Tokyo run) and voilá!

Ok. I know Dangerous 25 is not released or ever will be but I thought if it would what tracks would it have. So here is mine but before we star I want to mention that my D25 is going to shaped like Thriller 40 CD. It's not going to have a glitter cover but it will have one CD for the 14 original tracks and then the unreleased ons on the second CD. I just like that way but you can put all the songs on one CD if you like :) Ok no more explaining, I'll show you mine:

Dangerous 25 CD 2:
  1. Monkey Business
  2. Slave to The Rhythm
  5. Serious Effect
  6. Mind is The Magic
  7. Work that Body

I know mines is very small but those are the ones I know lol. But what do you would put on D25? Enjoy Moonwalkers!
But, 'Mind Is The Magic' was not meant for the 'Dangerous' album but for the 'Beyond Belief Show' in Las Vegas.
i would probably have the same tracklist, except i'd include For All Time on it! reminding non-fans that song is ACTUALLY from the dangerous era and not thriller era (cause it was on Thriller 25 for some reason).
Including 'For All Time' on the 'Dangerous 25' (supposed) album would make the confusion even bigger as to which era the song belongs to.

'For All Time' was included on the 'Thriller 25' album allegedly because the very early demo of the song comes from the 'Thriller' album sessions.
Put a video release of a 1992 show (preferrably one of the first eight or from the Tokyo run) and voilá!
The 1992 Dangerous concert from Tokyo, and more specifically the one that is very different in several aspects (such as, set list, outfits, the appearance of Slash on stage).

But, 'Mind Is The Magic' was not meant for the 'Dangerous' album but for the 'Beyond Belief Show' in Las Vegas.

Including 'For All Time' on the 'Dangerous 25' (supposed) album would make the confusion even bigger as to which era the song belongs to.

'For All Time' was included on the 'Thriller 25' album allegedly because the very early demo of the song comes from the 'Thriller' album sessions.

The 1992 Dangerous concert from Tokyo, and more specifically the one that is very different in several aspects (such as, set list, outfits, the appearance of Slash on stage).
opps sorry 😅

The Toy was never meant for Thriller but it made it into Thriller 40 anyways.

I'm sure that every evidence leads to the song being from Dangerous.

For All Time was written for Dangerous lol. The writer has confirmed it before.
Yeah the whole point of the song is to be the new version of Human Nature for Dangerous lol. It's not that hard to see why MJ decided to put it on T25.

Where did you allegedly read that it was allegedly recorded for Thriller?

Dangerous 25 CD 2:
  1. Monkey Business
  2. Slave to The Rhythm
  5. Serious Effect
  6. Mind is The Magic
  7. Work that Body

Instead of the regular Monkey Business, I would put the mix that they were playing with in the studio (the one that leaked a couple of months back), with the extra oohss and downs and more ad-libs, if they could actually find that mix from Ocean Way or in the vault. I would title that Monkey Business (12" Mix), Monkey Business (Full-Length), Monkey Business (Extended vers.) or Monkey Business (Brad's Mix). That version of the song is funkier than the OG imo.

You mean concerts, Slash appeared on the last two dates, Dec 30 and 31. However, they don't have the complete setlist with Bad and TWYMMF (it's likely they were dropped at some point after the Dec 19 concert).

Along with all the songs and vault material, I would include a proper soundboard audio and filmed concert.

My List would be....

6. Live in Munich- June 27, 1992 (soundboard audio) (or Monza 1992)
7. Live in Munich- June 27, 1992 pt 2 (soundboard audio)
8. DVD and digital: Live in Tokyo 1992

1. Men In Black
2. Monkey Business
4. Slave To The Rhythm
5. Do You Know Where You Children Are
6. Best of Joy (Dangerous Version)
7. If You Don't Love Me
8. Serious Effect
9. Deep In The Night

Steve Porcaro and Michael Sherwood, who wrote the song, have both confirmed on numerous occasions that “For All Time” was written during the Dangerous sessions. Why it turned up on Thriller 25 is an unresolved mystery, but rest assured it did not exist before 1989.

Why it turned up on Thriller 25 is an unresolved mystery, but rest assured it did not exist before 1989.
It's not that hard to see why MJ went for that song out of all things, the song is really similar to Human Nature and the album was about celebrating Thriller so you can put two and two together. MJ also wasn't invested in working on T25 and putting a song that was basically ready and required a few touch-ups could also be another reason. It would've made a lot more sense if he put Dream Away on the album instead though.

It's not that hard to see why MJ went for that song out of all things, the song is really similar to Human Nature and the album was about celebrating Thriller so you can put two and two together. MJ also wasn't invested in working on T25 and putting a song that was basically ready and required a few touch-ups could also be another reason. It would've made a lot more sense if he put Dream Away on the album instead though.
Sure, and it’s a stunning song. But Sony’s original proposal for T25 included the leaked tracks (“Nightline,” “Hot Street,” “She’s Trouble”), all of which are finished and ready to go—but MJ vetoed them and only let “For All Time” through. Plus, of all the people who had to sign off on it and comb through the archive for the credits and whatnot, did nobody speak up and say, “This isn’t a Thriller outtake”?

I guess I can’t complain because I’m so happy we have that song to begin with, but the entire process that led to its inclusion baffles me.

Sure, and it’s a stunning song. But Sony’s original proposal for T25 included the leaked tracks (“Nightline,” “Hot Street,” “She’s Trouble”), all of which are finished and ready to go—but MJ vetoed them and only let “For All Time” through.
It could be that since MJ was preparing to release a new album at that time he didn't want those new songs to shift attention from his new upcoming album. That would explain why he went for more remixes instead of more new songs.

As long as branca is with the estate there will be no 90th anniversary albums although it is dangerously deserved The red silver vinyls do not count

I want to hear Joy in Michael's voice! This could be the only bonus track we never hear from the album and I would be absurdly pleased.

Back