If you could go back in time and make sure one of MJ's plans actually happens, what would it be?

Smoothwalker

Proud Member
Your options are
1. Buying Marvel, Walt Disney and becoming a major shareholder in Apple
2. Retiring from live concert tours in favor of a full fledged Hollywood film career
3. Buying the mastery's to his music
4. Starting a clothing / official merchandise line
5. Entering the tourism industry, creating Neverland overseas in Asia as a public theme park / resort
6. Hosting a concert on the border of North and South Korea in a effort to unite them together
7. Building a multi-billion dollar attraction in Gary Indiana dedicated to the Jackson family (theme park, a performance arts center, and Jackson 5 family museum, among other amenities)
8. Continuing as a artist, opening museums and art galleries dedicated to his work
9. Completing the This is It tour

Your options are
If you'll permit me this addition:
Intimate concert
100% live vocals.
No big world tours.
No big projects.

That is the one and only thing I miss.

Releasing all 10 singles from Invincible! As Michael planned! And making 4 videos!
+ 9. Of course) 😄

9 is the most important hands down, preventing his death comes first.
7 is next because we know how successful Graceland has been, kind of a no brainer
5-6 are my final two choices because it would repair his image in the west and ideally not result in a Bashir interview at all. so basically what the poster above me said, i agree with 5, 6, 7, 9

1 sounds the best on paper, would make him billions and billions. But i don't like the idea of adding even more stress for him, god knows he didn't need that

Last edited:
was this meant to be a poll?

out of those options, I choose

3. owning the masters to his music - I thought he did already, but this is very important.
4. starting a clothing/merchandise line - again, he already had one in the early 80’s, though I personally thought the knockoffs were better in some respects.
6. host a concert to unite north and south korea - this is the essence of what michael wanted to do with his music; unify people and bring joy 💜

outside of those options, i personally would have loved for michael to play peter pan in ‘83 as originally planned. then again, we never would have gotten the ‘thriller’ film, so everything worked out the way it was supposed to.

I don't think MJ was a good actor so I would rule out a fully fledged Hollywood career, that man was born to sing and entertain millions on stage.

9 for me, it would have been my first time seeing him 😭, I have no doubt (minus health issues) it would have been a massive success.

Your options are
2. Retiring from live concert tours in favor of a full fledged Hollywood film career
5. Entering the tourism industry, creating Neverland overseas in Asia as a public theme park / resort
6. Hosting a concert on the border of North and South Korea in a effort to unite them together
7. Building a multi-billion dollar attraction in Gary Indiana dedicated to the Jackson family (theme park, a performance arts center, and Jackson 5 family museum, among other amenities)
8. Continuing as a artist, opening museums and art galleries dedicated to his work
These options were hardly interesting for his fans, so there was really no point for him in trying to fulfill any of these.

Completing the 'This Is It' Tour was the only option (from that list) that his fans actually cared about.
Michael Jackson did give a show (Seoul, on June 25th 1999) for symbolic reasons about the unification of North and South Korea (his 'Earth Song' performance with the on stage bridge refers to that).

Apart from the 1995 One Night Only HBO shows, many fans would have also wanted 'Give In To Me' and 'Remember The Time' to be performed during the Dangerous Tour.

9 is the most important hands down, preventing his death comes first.
7 is next because we know how successful Graceland has been, kind of a no brainer
5-6 are my final two choices because it would repair his image in the west and ideally not result in a Bashir interview at all. so basically what the poster above me said, i agree with 5, 6, 7, 9

1 sounds the best on paper, would make him billions and billions. But i don't like the idea of adding even more stress for him, god knows he didn't need that
I would like to see Michael playing Peter Parker. Still, I'm wondering what type of character could it be

Your options are
9 then 2 ....

If only one choice it would be 8

- Completing any of his soundtrack projects and his classical projects would be my pick

- I was also curious about his Spielberg Peter Pan Project but perhaps mostly for the music that he would perform.

- One Night Only

Your options are
Nos. 2, 3, and 7. No. 1 would make him too powerful for Hollywood execs to accept, No. 4 is pretty typical but not mindblowing, No. 5 is a good idea but can't make the cut, No. 6 is too risky for Michael, and Nos. 8 and 9 are basically a given whether or not the other plans even work.

If you'll permit me this addition:
Intimate concert
100% live vocals.
No big world tours.
No big projects.

That is the one and only thing I miss.
A duet performance with Janet needed to happen

Back