If you could've took a trip to anywhere in the world with MJ where would you have gone?

I would have shown Michael the scenic beauty of my own country - New Zealand, we would go to the lakes at Rotorua, Lake Taupo, show him Waitomo Glow worm caves and then Mt Ruapehu and the volcanoes. Then we would have gone to the South Island and I would have shown him Queenstown, the West Coast, Mt Cook and the Hermitage and he would have loved all the beautiful mountains and waterfalls, the clean air and the Glaciers at Franz Josef and Fox.

Totally pure, I would even let him take his kids or some of young friends and let him escape into nature, with no pesky paparazzi and given him time to sit alone amongst our mountains and valleys and just contemplate. Although I would be dishonest if I did not confess, I would love to shoot a video of him moonwalking on a glacier and shouting "Aowwww!!" in the Glow Worm caves.

Then I would have shown Michael my Maori culture, bought him on to a marae and he could experience a traditional Maori welcome (A powhiri), a cultural performance complete with haka and poi (Maori ceremonies, require a reciprocation song by manuhiri (Visitors) and Michael would have to oblige with a song). After that we would have a hangi feast (Food cooked in an earth oven) and Michael would be presented with a pounamu taonga (Pendant made of jade greenstone around his neck). Because he is so beloved, we would probably also make him an honorary Kaumatua (Tribal elder) or even a Rangatira (Chief).

Sometimes the best attractions can be in your backyard.

Back