If you only had one shot of making someone a fan...

LN started showing up in my suggestion list from YT very early on as soon as I started watching Michael related videos. So I would have heard of it even if I were a casual listener or not on the forum.
It has disappeared now though, so I guess YT learnt that I don't waste time on trash!
My experience was interesting. Right off the bat I was hunting down stuff to help me understand wth was going on so I was looking at all the obvious blogs and stuff by Charles Thomson, John Ziegler and interviews with Brandi or Tom M. or whoever blah blah. But still the LN clips (or the full thing) would pop up. Relentlessly. Took quite a while before they faded away. Months rather than weeks.

Update:

With my friend. She plans to show me a ton of stuff important to her (tv shows, comedy specials, etc.) so I feel less shy about wanting to force Michael content in her. Here's what I'm thinking now. Brief exposure to every era...

So, what videos, live performances, interviews, even casual clips do you think should be included in this? I'd like to choose 2-3 for each era I think (though I'll probably cheat and do way more during Bad because I'm never). How I'll ever narrow this I do not know.

Recommendations please!

Update:

With my friend. She plans to show me a ton of stuff important to her (tv shows, comedy specials, etc.) so I feel less shy about wanting to force Michael content in her. Here's what I'm thinking now. Brief exposure to every era...

So, what videos, live performances, interviews, even casual clips do you think should be included in this? I'd like to choose 2-3 for each era I think (though I'll probably cheat and do way more during Bad because I'm never). How I'll ever narrow this I do not know.

Recommendations please!
Are we talking performance vids only? I ask because I might be tempted to suggest video of visit to Russian orphanage. Depends on what you're aiming for, of course.

The first few that popped in my head
MTV 10th Anniversary -
Dangerous live - any!
Man in the Mirror live

Update:

Recommendations please!
First thoughts and they haven't changed much from earlier conversations:

APOM - official version only
SC or Beat It
Ebony / Jet interview 1987
Russian orphanage visit OR visit to Grevin Museum

Ideally, all of the above but you are right, maybe brief exposure to each era is better.

I wouldn't do Mexico depo unless you were only gonna use edited highlights. I'm not sure I would use it at all.

MTV 1999 - although you could just show her an edited version. If you go from approx 6m 30s to approx 7m 10s you get his awesome explanation re zombie dance moves followed by his OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M SEEING demonstration of the zombie 'vibe'.

Are we talking performance vids only? I ask because I might be tempted to suggest video of visit to Russian orphanage. Depends on what you're aiming for, of course.
No I want to make a list, including his Motown career, of specific songs, performances, interviews, cute clips, etc.

You and @Hiker are giving me some great suggestions that are also quite in line with what I was thinking!

This is not the clip I was looking for. I wanted the one where he talks about dawn and dusk. But this is lovely, too. This is the one where he sings and then talks about things that influence him. It is beyond charming. 2m 34s.

No I want to make a list, including his Motown career, of specific songs, performances, interviews, cute clips, etc.

You and @Hiker are giving me some great suggestions that are also quite in line with what I was thinking!
OK, apologies for endless posts. Throwing stuff out as it pops into my head.

For Motown, Ben is non-negotiable, imo, lol. Also Music and Me.
Live stuff - J5 Live in Mexico - Michael doing ODIYL.

ET interview (1983?) - 4m 30s

Songs - if you think she can take it, Morphine. But def Is It Scary. Whatever Happens. Don't Walk Away. If you think she can take it, Little Susie. Otherwise, Smile.

Keep the Faith

With videos I'd stick to well-known stuff. But for songs I'd go for stuff she might not have heard.

We've Had Enough

Abortion Papers

The jazzy opening section of TWYMMF. If it was me I'd stop right there but I'm probably in a minority, lol.

That'll do for now.

Back