I'm quitting MJJ Community.

DarylJoel_B

Inactive
Country
United-States
I'm not even joking y'all.

My life is spiraling out of control. And being chronically online is only making it worse. I no longer feel happy here the way I used to. As a matter of fact, I feel more alone than ever.

I've came here and made myself an account to find freedom of expression for myself and escapism from my (and I honestly don't know how else to describe it) shitty life and I've been judged by other MJJC members for being vulnerable and honest about my love for Michael and how he has helped me be comfortable with things such my sexual orientation, my gender identity, being candid about my mental health, and not having to adhere to what other people want from me, do what makes me happy. Ironically, in a place where you would expect one fan to another to understand why one would feel attracted to Michael, no matter what gender you are. But instead, I'm being judged for all those things.

I've been told that my attraction to Michael is "gross" and that I'm "crazy", had been implicitly called a pervert basically, just for admitting I have a crush on Michael. (even though i'm clearly not the only one who feels that way about him. 💀 and it felt really discriminatory. because this person wasn't saying this to or about any of the heterosexual women here who are candid about their attraction to michael here every day. just to and about me.)

Another time I was told that I was "annoying" for talking about how much I loved him in the romantic sense because "he's just a guy." Normally, I'd expect non-fans to say that to me, someone who wouldn't understand my attachment to Michael at all. Not other fans. Who, to many, Michael is definitely not "just a guy" to them. 💀 To me, this particular experience didn't feel like it was out of a place of aversion to my romantic preferences, but I still felt embarrassed over myself afterwards. I remember crying and feeling like God should punish me for my gayness. Just for loving someone. That I'm disgusting, filthy, dirty, and inherently perverted, just like many homophobes have tried to make me and the LGBTQ+ community seem like and have tried to portray us for decades, even centuries. Even in today's world, people still have this mindset where they think that being gay = being abnormal and being sinful. And when we're open and honest about ourselves, we're condemned to silence and told that we need to stop talking about it.

I will not call out the particular users who have told me these things by name, since I've already held them both accountable for their comments on my own terms and one of them was even told off and given a warning by staff for their comments. I also do not wish for anyone to be harassed or to start another useless public feud.

Nevertheless, these experiences have been incredibly harrowing, disappointing and ironic that others would say these things to me, considering this is an MJ FAN FORUM. To me, this is a place where you would expect acceptance from others and a sense of community over a love for Michael. But instead, I feel like such a fish out of water because I'll never fit in with anybody else. That I'm a problem and that I make others uncomfortable just for being myself. And I'm tired of feeling that way.

I'm a queer + trans MJ fan who is unable to be myself in my own house or even speak my mind against my parents blatantly prejudiced political views, which is why I've been incredibly outspoken here. But now, I feel like I'm unable to be myself with my own community. I don't feel as comfortable as I used to and that I'm suppressing myself once again. And almost every day, I just wish I could bury myself alive drowned in my tears. That's how horrible it feels. When the people who you trust to listen to you and understand you end up judging you, othering you, and making you feel small because you're different.

On the contrary, to the ones who have NOT made me feel that way, even gotten close to me, and even just through thread messages, you all have been beautiful and wonderful. You saved me from a potential crisis when I first made my account. I love you. But MJJC is just not the same safe haven as it used to be for me anymore. I used to think that I couldn't possibly live without it, but now, things are changing. I'm moving on from people's toxicity and to bigger and better things, starting tomorrow, and starting with myself. I may log in just occasionally every now and then since I have close friends here, so I'm not quitting permanently. But I'm definitely not spending every day here anymore. It's making my already fragile mental health even worse. And starting in September, I will focus better on school, finding my first job, finding a real relationship and removing negative energy from my life.

May your life be beautiful and God bless you. ❤️

~ DJ

Last edited:
I'm not even joking y'all.

My life is spiraling out of control. And being chronically online is only making it worse. I no longer feel happy here the way I used to. As a matter of fact, I feel more alone than ever.

I've came here and made myself an account to find freedom of expression for myself and escapism from my (and I honestly don't know how else to describe it) shitty life and I've been judged by other MJJC members for being vulnerable and honest about my love for Michael and how he has helped me be comfortable with things such my sexual orientation, my gender identity, being candid about my mental health, and not having to adhere to what other people want from me, do what makes me happy. Ironically, in a place where you would expect one fan to another to understand why one would feel attracted to Michael, no matter what gender you are. But instead, I'm being judged for all those things.

I've been told that my attraction to Michael is "gross" and that I'm "crazy", had been implicitly called a pervert basically, just for admitting I have a crush on Michael. (even though i'm clearly not the only one who feels that way about him. 💀 and it felt really discriminatory. because this person wasn't saying this to or about any of the heterosexual women here who are candid about their attraction to michael here every day. just to and about me.)

Another time I was told that I was "annoying" for talking about how much I loved him in the romantic sense because "he's just a guy." Normally, I'd expect non-fans to say that to me, someone who wouldn't understand my attachment to Michael at all. Not other fans. Who, to many, Michael is definitely not "just a guy" to them. 💀 To me, this particular experience didn't feel like it was out of a place of aversion to my romantic preferences, but I still felt embarrassed over myself afterwards. I remember crying and feeling like God should punish me for my gayness. Just for loving someone. That I'm disgusting, filthy, dirty, and inherently perverted, just like many homophobes have tried to make me and the LGBTQ+ community seem like and have tried to portray us for decades, even centuries. Even in today's world, people still have this mindset where they think that being gay = being abnormal and being sinful. And when we're open and honest about ourselves, we're condemned to silence and told that we need to stop talking about it.

I will not call out the particular users who have told me these things by name, since I've already held them both accountable for their comments on my own terms and one of them was even told off and given a warning by staff for their comments. I also do not wish for anyone to be harassed or to start another useless public feud.

Nevertheless, these experiences have been incredibly harrowing, disappointing and ironic that others would say these things to me, considering this is an MJ FAN FORUM. To me, this is a place where you would expect acceptance from others and a sense of community over a love for Michael. But instead, I feel like such a fish out of water because I'll never fit in with anybody else. That I'm a problem and that I make others uncomfortable just for being myself. And I'm tired of feeling that way.

I'm a queer + trans MJ fan who is unable to be myself in my own house or even speak my mind against my parents blatantly prejudiced political views, which is why I've been incredibly outspoken here. But now, I feel like I'm unable to be myself with my own community. I don't feel as comfortable as I used to and that I'm suppressing myself once again. And almost every day, I just wish I could bury myself alive drowned in my tears. That's how horrible it feels. When the people who you trust to listen to you and understand you end up judging you, othering you, and making you feel small because you're different.

On the contrary, to the ones who have NOT made me feel that way, even gotten close to me, and even just through thread messages, you all have been beautiful and wonderful. You saved me from a potential crisis when I first made my account. I love you. But MJJC is just not the same safe haven as it used to be for me anymore. I used to think that I couldn't possibly live without it, but now, things are changing. I'm moving on from people's toxicity and to bigger and better things, starting tomorrow, and starting with myself. I may log in just occasionally every now and then since I have close friends here, so I'm not quitting permanently. But I'm definitely not spending every day here anymore. It's making my already fragile mental health even worse. And starting in September, I will focus better on school, finding my first job, finding a real relationship and removing negative energy from my life.

May your life be beautiful and God bless you. ❤️

~ DJ
We should be friends. I feel 1000% the exact same. I just made a post about rare rare rare unreleased tracks & they are on my ass about it not being real or even if I share my videos here... its always someone negative so I do too wish I could meet someone like myself....its hard in this world to find real REAL friends

I am sorry you feel this way and had to go through such experience here. There are haters and narrow minded people everywhere, but so are the good, open-minded, genuine people. You are brave to express yourself so openly here or anywhere else. You should not have to hide who you are. I hope you found more supportive people here, and are able to ignore those who are showing discrimination and calling you names. They are obviously wrong and are probably coming from their own issues. Take a break, but I hope you come back to reconnect with your friends here.

All the best for you, @DarylJoel_B 🌻

As an older MJ fan who did not grow up with Social Media, I think it is a great idea for you to focus more on "real life". Connecting with people one on one is still invaluable and a great way to keep growing ♥️

Im sorry dj thar you feel this way but this forum hasnt been the same since 2009 michael's death has left a deep hole here

UPDATE: So, I've decided to make a few revisions.

I will only be online every few days at the very least. Being away from the site for longer than that right now? It's boring. And lonely. As I've mentioned before... My life is extremely uneventful and I have almost no one to really talk to about Michael during the summer outside of MJJC. I will most likely be logged out for longer intervals of time once I finally start school (September 5th for me). But still, my activity on MJJC will definitely no longer be the same as it used to, as being chronically online 24/7 does not help matters either.

Thank you all for your supporting and positive messages. I know that with your help, that things will get better. 💕💕

~ DJ

update: i cannot stop logging in. i need to stop for real this time. and for good.

i just relapsed for what has probably been the fifth time in the past month and a half due to immense stress and guilt. my arms look like they were scratched by a rabid animal and they hurt. my health is reaching lows i never even thought possible and i'm constantly losing my temper and i cannot sleep no matter how hard i try. and i'm losing the will to live by the minute.

i'm quitting for good now. for good until I am well enough to interact again. because i am still clearly not well enough. i'm severely addicted to the screen and i have other problems of my own. i can no longer rely on online activity to deal with them. it's only making it worse.

goodbye.

update: i cannot stop logging in. i need to stop for real this time. and for good.

i just relapsed for what has probably been the fifth time in the past month and a half due to immense stress and guilt. my arms look like they were scratched by a rabid animal and they hurt. my health is reaching lows i never even thought possible and i'm constantly losing my temper and i cannot sleep no matter how hard i try. and i'm losing the will to live by the minute.

i'm quitting for good now. for good until I am well enough to interact again. because i am still clearly not well enough. i'm severely addicted to the screen and i have other problems of my own. i can no longer rely on online activity to deal with them. it's only making it worse.

goodbye.
Dude...

goodbye.
Please, please see a doctor/psychiatrist for your suicidal thoughts! 🙁😓

goodbye.
In case you login again, please talk to your parents! At least tell them what you are struggling with and see a therapist. If not parents, talk to your teacher, or school counselor. TALK to someone around you. There is always help available somewhere to those who ask.

Hi.

I suspect you won't read this comment, but better late than never.

Already, I understand 1000% your post concerning this discrimination which has no reason to exist. You have every right to love and fantasize about Michael as much as I (woman) and another person feeling and experiencing love for a person.

All the people who hurt you, I honestly hope they pay for it one day. People who judge, lie, insult and despise others do not deserve to be called "Michael Jackson fans" because Michael would have hated more than anything the suffering caused by neurotics. And even without Michael, there shouldn't be this kind of hateful accident, it's not normal to be judged and discriminated against because you feel things for someone!

I am happy that you are taking time for yourself, to rest and recharge your batteries, to refocus on your life and your future. Have you been better since September?

I wish you continued success and I hope that we will meet again soon while getting to know each other <3

Signed, one more Michael Addict. :3

Back