important past news

mjjmsc

Proud Member
I was a little sad lately because it looks like things got quiet, even on this forum I see less fans and not a lot of new topics...I think we should try to spice things up:yes: an idea would be for all of us to write one good news and one bad news that changed the reality for us, that made us think or see the world different...

For me it would sound like this:
1.BAD-when the second charge came in 2003...I thought Michel career would be over and his life ruined for ever; the future changed in black in a second:(
2.GOOD-strangely when Michael album came out, I realised that I loved hearing Michael, that I adore his music and his beautiful soul and that I can feel him so close:D

so, what are your news, the ones that really affected you?

2009 pretty much sums up my answer. The first half of the year was one of the best as a Michael Jackson fan in recent years. The second half however.. :(

one of the worst : the pain and anguish of the 2005 trial

one of the best : following, seeing up close, and experiencing MJ in concert in Melbourne and Adelaide during his 1996 visit for the History World Tour

Worst for me: 1993 and 2005 trials...June 25th, 2009......ugh! if I could only change the hands of time!

Best for me: the birth of his children (knowing how much that had to mean to him) and the beginning of 2009 with the promise and excitement of the return to the stage of the damn greatest entertainer ever!

Will always love my MJ!:wub:

Good: YouTube. It has allowed me hours upon hours of MJ, from interviews I never saw to little moments like him shopping in Ireland to the 2006 World Awards where he was presented the Guinness trophy for Thriller. This was after the trial and when he walked on that stage and the crowd erupted into mass hysteria and he was able to see and feel for himself how much he was always loved, the image warms me every time.

Bad: The photo they showed of him in the trial.

I've got to say another good to get that image back out of my mind. So I'll say when he bust out in laughter in TII when they were all sitting around a table discussing plans for the show. I never could make out exactly what was said, but Michael cracking up like that, cracks me up.

The 3 worst MJ news stories for me was what had happen to him in August of 93. I was 13 at the time. And I remember being in bed sick with a horrible cold when I had heard the horrible news on my tv about Michael. I remember how upset I was at the time. I felt like I was Michael's only fan he had left in the world. Then in 2003 it had happen again with him. I remember spending nearly that first week crying almost non stop. Because I was reliving 93 all over again. Then 2 Saturdays after it had happen with him. I had became so violently ill that I was forced to spend the rest of that Saturday up in my bed. And I blame it all of what was going on with Michael at the time. Because I had never felt that sick before in my entire life.

And the 3rd worst news story was of course 2009. I don't think I need to say anything more about it.:sad: :cry: :boohoo:

One of the best news stories about Michael ever was the start of the HIStory Era. I was 15 at the time when it had started. And I remember just how happy and excited I was at the time. Because I was finally old enough to really remember an entire MJ Era. And I still have on tape all of the news stories and stuff talking about that MJ Era. As well everything else that has to do with Michael during that Era. I can't even begin to tell you just how much MJ related stuff I have on blank video tapes. That has to do with the HIStory Era. I had this crazy obsession back then at wanting to tape every single MJ news story or whatever back then. I'm still surprise of how I didn't worn out my vcr back then. Because I was always constantly taping something that was about Michael back then. Of course now it just really hurts looking at that stuff now.:sad: Especially my beloved HIStory Concerts. And miss being able to drool over those sexy gold pants of Michael's.:boohoo: Other than that the HIStory Era will forever always remain my number 1 favorite MJ Era.

Speaking as a fan who only came to the fandom post-June 25th (in a lot of ways), I suppose that could be both good and bad news. Bad for losing MJ, but good for learning all about him and going on marathon youtube watching all those videos. One of my favorite moments was hearing TDCAU for the first time. :D And the bad, learning about all the BS he went through in life. Good: falling in love with him in a whole new way for the rest of my life. I suppose more good news than bad because he is a part of my life now and I'm glad to be in the fan community, even if it's only been 3 years. Sorry I couldn't sum it up so simply. Such is the life for a former casual fan.

The 3 worst MJ news stories for me was what had happen to him in August of 93. I was 13 at the time. And I remember being in bed sick with a horrible cold when I had heard the horrible news on my tv about Michael. I remember how upset I was at the time. I felt like I was Michael's only fan he had left in the world. Then in 2003 it had happen again with him. I remember spending nearly that first week crying almost non stop. Because I was reliving 93 all over again. Then 2 Saturdays after it had happen with him. I had became so violently ill that I was forced to spend the rest of that Saturday up in my bed. And I blame it all of what was going on with Michael at the time. Because I had never felt that sick before in my entire life.

I was 16 at the time when the first allegations broke and I can relate to this very well. At the time there was no Internet either, so all we could do is to try to inform ourselves from the papers and it was very limited and often distorted information.

Best moments: there were so many. Mainly related to the careless times of Bad/Dangerous era. One memory that stands out is the Bucharest concert being aired on TV. I taped it of course and then I watched it all over and over again, I couldn't get enough of it.

Ok definitely good
OFF THE WALL that record made me LOVE Michael in a whole new way. . . ; ) of course i loved baby Michael i grew up with his music but then we both got alittle older and well lets just say he rocked my world!
Bad
sadly i must admit to straying - drifting more toward bad boy Prince over Michael even before Thriller. I was more a casual fan from there on out i still bought all his records but i didnt really follow him closely. His tragic and unexpected death really jolted me. OH MY GOD how can this be?!?!
Good again
only cause as captainEOLove85 said so well "falling in love with him a whole new way for the rest of my life. . ."
I am grateful to have this forum to connect with so many who have likewise been touched by the magic that is Michael

great hearing from you guys, there are so many moments when we all felt the same, sad or happy, heart broken or really excited:) Michael really influenced or lives, the way we think and we have to keep his legacy alive and remember the bad and good moments together...

Back