In Search of the Truth : Randy

Michaelounet

Slave of Michael
Country
France
Hello everyone, I hope you are well and that you are happy! :)

I'm new to the forum, I've been enjoying Michael since I learned a lot about him in 2016 (with multi-year breaks), I was young when I discovered him and now I'm an adult. And since I "knew" him, I've heard so much bullshit about him that now I doubt everything.

I've read Katherine's book and I read Joe's, I really appreciate the Jackson family and I'm hurt when I see fans criticizing the family (except for Joe) even though they're clearly not no perfect. For me it's family estrangements (in my family it's clearly worse by the way, hum) that don't particularly concern the fans. But I admit that the more I read stuff, the more I think this whole thing is really dubious.

I am saddened by all the gossip that we can read about him and his family. The latest is about Randy Jackson, I thought he was pretty cute so far. But I found out on a forum that he hit his pregnant wife Eliza and their daughter Stevenna who was 14 months old at the time. This dates back to 1991 and apparently Randy would have gone to jail for 1 month.

Frankly, I have serious doubts about this. I don't know about the US but in my country (France) there is a trial then a conviction (and not a month, at least several years for domestic violence especially if it is repeated for 1 year as in the case of Randy) and we're pretty lenient. Normally the USA is known that justice there is harsher than here in France.

Afterwards, I am aware of everyone's faults. I don't idolize anyone, but I must say that like him and his family I tend to like them, it makes me a little sad to see such things being said. Especially when I see that there are more than small flaws with Jermaine's "jealousy", there we are clearly talking about abuse (like Joe what).

If anyone has any info or can verify or explain Randy's behavior, if it's true or if it's just a hoax, thank you very much <3

Signed, a "fan" who doesn't like being called a fan.

Ps: If I did something stupid, please don't hesitate to tell me. I'm very shy and this is the first time I'm going to "meet" other Michael Jackson fans.

Sadly, there's a good reason why fans criticize his family. They're far from the nice perfect family that they are trying to portray in the media. Randy, Jermaine and Jackie have all been accused of violence by an ex-wife. Jermaine (allegedly) and Jackie (confirmed by Jackie himself) have both hit their children with a belt like their father did.

If you read the book "Jackson Family Values" by Margaret Maldonado (the mother of two of Jermaine's children), you'll get a better understanding of why some fans don't like him. It's not just because of his jealousy.

While it should have never happened, we don't know the situations they were in at those times, and it shouldn't reflect who they are as people, Jackie owned up to it himself, meaning he holds regret for his actions, which I respect him for doing so, but it doesn't take away from what he did. But in the end it depends on how their families look upon them more then any opinion we all have.

Back