In The Closet- Dangerous Tour

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
I've just found this

https://youtu.be/DvqWYEgV-w4

I know it's just an interlude (was it only in France?) But i was wondering... did MJ have any plans to include In The Closet on the Dangerous tour setlist? I have always liked the Scream/TDCAU/ITC Medley but a full ITC live performance would have been so great!

Last edited:
I don't think. He didn't performs it in rehearsals 92 or 93.

One of my greatest pet peeves about MJ's live career is the lack of Dangerous songs he performed on the DWT.

No Who Is It, no In The Closet, no Give Into Me.... just such a wasted opportunity.

I would actually also have liked Keep The Faith to be performed live - with a big choir joining on stage, could have been great.
I really like that song. Whenever I feel a little sad - I play Keep The Faith. - very uplifting.

One of my greatest pet peeves about MJ's live career is the lack of Dangerous songs he performed on the DWT.

No Who Is It, no In The Closet, no Give Into Me.... just such a wasted opportunity.

This actually hits me from time to time. Its mad how little he played. I know he added Dangerous later on, but I think he missed a trick with Give Into Me (lip synched). That should have straight up replaced Diana. Even a Dangerous Medley would have been cool.

I always imagined Who Is It coming on after Billie Jean, and Give Into Me coming on after Black Or White

I have always seen DWT 92-93 as a continuation or extention of BWT 88 regarding the set list. Just like BWT 87 was an extention of 84 Jacksons tour.

The only reason for that I have seen or heard was lack of preparation time for new songs (both in 87 and in 92-93).

HWT was the first one with major set list changes, just like BWT 88.

So in my head I count DWT 92-93 as part of BWT 88, but I like DWT more personally.

Last edited:
I have always seen DWT 92-93 as a continuation or extention of BWT 88. Just like BWT 87 was an extention of 84 Jacksons tour.

The only reason for that I have seen or heard was lack of preparation time for new songs (both in 87 and in 92-93).

HWT was the first one with major set list changes, just like BWT 88.

So in my head I count DWT 92-93 as part of BWT 88, but I like DWT more personally.

Yeah i have read somewhere that even Janet told him that he should have played more songs from the album and he said he was pressed for time.

If mike had sung who is it live mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn I WOULDVE BEEN SET FOR LIFE! I would not have cared if mike had never done another song live again like legit!

There are soo many songs I would have wished MJ had sung live.

Who Is It
Will You Be There - only live at rehearsals and at the end of the song
Heal The World - only live at rehearsals
Stranger in Moscow
Keep The Faith
You Are Not Alone
Childhood
Little Susie
Smile

- Just to mention a few....

I don't see how would be Who is it if he performed it live.

Just Jam, Black or White and Heal the World on the Dangerous tour? And Dangerous later on?

Weird I've never realised that. It is extremely low. Generally when an artist tours an album they'll play the majority of it plus hits.

Just Jam, Black or White and Heal the World on the Dangerous tour? And Dangerous later on?

Weird I've never realised that. It is extremely low. Generally when an artist tours an album they'll play the majority of it plus hits.

+will you be there

But you're right. And just think about it, he performed songs that people have heard for years (from OTW,Thriller,Bad). And then there is a new album and except for 3-5 songs anything else remains the same. I wonder if fans where disappointed back then.

Wow, I've never actually realised this! I clicked with the 87 Bad Tour that at first, he only did a few songs from the actual album....but never clicked about DWT until seeing this thread.

I would have loved to have seen ITC or GITM.

Remember the Time was such a big hit. He really ought to have played it.

I don't see how would be Who is it if he performed it live.

Just sing it live, him, a microphone and a spotlight. Sometimes it's nice to get a contrast to all the dancing around and just pay witness to this man singing his heart out on a microphone live.

I think in a acapella orchestra type way it wouldve been perfect

Do you mean choir? If so, that would be amazing! Imagine a breakdown, the music's stopped, the choir is clapping along, singing "WHO IS IT?" in time, and Michael's just on his knees, gritty-singing a ab-libbed variant of "IS IT A FRIEND OF MINE?!?" and so forth.

Kind of like the breakdown we saw for MITM live.

I always feel short changed with the lack of songs from Dangerous on the DWT. Perhaps some of the songs were too challenging to tackle live, maybe too personal?

It would have been great to see ITC, RTT, WII and GITM. I wonder how he would have performed them live, RTT like the rehearsals which were amazing (I love them a true forgotten treasure) GITM probably similar to the short film, maybe going in the style of Dirty Diana on the BWT, ITC I always imagine it being very similar to Dangerous live in 1993 with the silhouette of the girl maybe MJ's silhouette as well (like the short film), kind of like TWYMMF live him having interaction with the girl.

But Who Is It, that's the one that intrigues me most. How would he have performed that live? I always find it tough to say because the short film was so close to the meaning of the song. Possibly like to SOOML live. I picture a dark stage then a dim light illuminates part of the stage, which reveals this great moment of Mike sitting on a chair, then he cues the song. As he beings to sing he stays seated then as the song really gets going he gets up and dances an really lets go. (Similar to RTT live 1993 minus the "bad ankle")
It would have been a great moment theatrically. Just the power of the moment to see Michael, this incredible force of nature an unbelievable ball of energy, just be still reflecting. The audience would lose it.

Something tells me a live performance of ITC would be too hot for TV. XD

I do wish he had done a few more songs from the album on that tour. RTT is one of my favorite songs by him and it's disappointing that he never got to sing it at one of his concerts.

Oh my god I forgot RTT! That would actually be my main preference. I just think the sets and the costumes would have been great and it would have become a focal song like SC or Thriller. I always feel like we got short changed at the Soul Train Awards.

But Who Is It, that's the one that intrigues me most. How would he have performed that live? I always find it tough to say because the short film was so close to the meaning of the song. Possibly like to SOOML live. I picture a dark stage then a dim light illuminates part of the stage, which reveals this great moment of Mike sitting on a chair, then he cues the song. As he beings to sing he stays seated then as the song really gets going he gets up and dances an really lets go. (Similar to RTT live 1993 minus the "bad ankle")
It would have been a great moment theatrically. Just the power of the moment to see Michael, this incredible force of nature an unbelievable ball of energy, just be still reflecting. The audience would lose it.
Yeah, I could be like You are not alone, but without a fan girl on the stage.

Just sing it live, him, a microphone and a spotlight. Sometimes it's nice to get a contrast to all the dancing around and just pay witness to this man singing his heart out on a microphone live.

Do you mean choir? If so, that would be amazing! Imagine a breakdown, the music's stopped, the choir is clapping along, singing "WHO IS IT?" in time, and Michael's just on his knees, gritty-singing a ab-libbed variant of "IS IT A FRIEND OF MINE?!?" and so forth.

Kind of like the breakdown we saw for MITM live.[/QUlikeknocell

nooo not a choir thats too "will you be there" i mean like with the cello player, violin player and just mike singing "who is it"

nooo not a choir thats too "will you be there" i mean like with the cello player, violin player and just mike singing "who is it"

Ahh right. That would be beautifully simple! I love the way they sound.

Ahh right. That would be beautifully simple! I love the way they sound.

Do you know what i mean though ? i have a certain vision in my head of how it would be but its hard to explain.

Do you know what i mean though ? i have a certain vision in my head of how it would be but its hard to explain.

Maybe? I'm imagining something that is quite simple set-up wise so we can focus on everything Michael is giving off.

BTW what was with the mentioning of "acapella" in the post I originally responded to? Because acapella means vocals, hence my confusion with the choir and all :)

Maybe? I'm imagining something that is quite simple set-up wise so we can focus on everything Michael is giving off.

BTW what was with the mentioning of "acapella" in the post I originally responded to? Because acapella means vocals, hence my confusion with the choir and all :)

You remember how michael sang "who is it" in the oprah winfrey interviewin 1992? Thats what u call acapella

Dangerous in my opinion, is my least favorite tour by Michael.
The setlist was way too similar to Bad in my opinion.

Although History was mostly playback, he introduced alot of his new songs into the setlist and I think it added to an overall better show.

Sucks too because the songs on the Dangerous Album would have been amazing on the live stage, whether live or playback.

Oh my god I forgot RTT! That would actually be my main preference. I just think the sets and the costumes would have been great and it would have become a focal song like SC or Thriller. I always feel like we got short changed at the Soul Train Awards.

I agree. The Soul Train Awards performance (I haven't seen any other performance of this song on YT) is my basis on what/how RTT could have been if it was included on the tour. While the song was included in the playlist, though, and was part of the rehearsal, Remember the Time got removed according to Jennifer Batten because of wardrobe issues.

Dangerous Tour

In the same year, Batten was called back to work on Jackson's Dangerous Tour, giving her a perfect platform to market her solo work.

Despite widespread debate about his appearance and wellbeing, Batten says Jackson seemed like 'the same Michael', if slightly more fatigued.

"I noticed that he was busier and I remember that one time he came to rehearsals and just apologized for not having been there the last few days. He said, 'I was just showered with meetings' and he just repeated it with emotion, 'meeting after meeting after meeting'."

Jackson's heavy schedule dictated that he was 'limited in his rehearsal time', meaning that much of the set list was simply carried over from the Bad Tour. This was 'kind of disappointing' says Batten, because 'we all wanted to play the new stuff'. One of the few new tracks - Remember The Time - was cut from the show after a wardrobe malfunction.

"They had Egyptian costumes and the male dancers had these skirt kind of things. The first time we did it one of the dancers' costumes fell off," she cackles. "That was a little disturbing to Michael."

Read more: http://www.truemichaeljackson.com/more-about-michael/jennifer-batten-interview/

I agree. The Soul Train Awards performance (I haven't seen any other performance of this song on YT) is my basis on what/how RTT could have been if it was included on the tour. While the song was included in the playlist, though, and was part of the rehearsal, Remember the Time got removed according to Jennifer Batten because of wardrobe issues.
If Michael have the intention to perform it, be sure he performs it in the second leg (93).

What I think just reading the name of this topic... Hahahhaha No comments

No Remember The Time :cry::cry: :boohoo:

Just my favorite song on this and all possible universes

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Yeeeeeees :chillin::chillin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back