The line in In the Closet:
one thing in life you must understand
the truth of lust woman to man

What is it about?
Why is it in the song?
Who wrote it? Michael or Teddy?

Last edited:
It's in the demo in a similar form so I'd assume Mike wrote it

It's in the song because it's the perfect bridge to the pre chorus similar to "You're just another part of me"

I guess Michael wrote it while thinking about all the women who keep lusting after him ;)

Such a sexy song, love it.

The video is also great, especially the MJ dance breakdown at the end.

The line in In the Closet:
one thing in life you must understand
the truth of lust woman to man

What is it about?
Why is it in the song?
Who wrote it? Michael or Teddy?
Yes, I wrote this line, but I did not ask co-writing credits for that.

I received a phone call from Michael Jackson asking me to lyrically contribute to his 'In The Closet' new song.

So, I went to the studio where he was making his much-anticipated, new album.

The singer (in full make-up, and wearing a white shirt, black trousers, sunglasses, and a fedora) opened the door and greeted me graciously.

We sat down and, over tea, we discussed about the lyrical theme of this song (while instrumental parts of it were being played).

It was then when I submitted to him this line, he liked it and he promised me to include it on this song.

When I later bought the 'Dangerous' album I was very pleased (that he kept his promise) so I phoned him and I expressed my gratitude to him.

In the video Michael plays second fiddle to Naomi Campbell but I'm extremely heterosexual so maybe that has an influence on my view.

This thread has become more entertaining that I thought :)

The whole ITC video, lyrics are just wonderful! Also I find it interesting that Michael plays it sexy in the video, but angry with raised eyebrows (how sexy :love: ) during the tour.

📞: Hey Frenzy, this is American singer, songwriter, composer, dancer ...
American who?? :unsure:

Back