Interview of Francois Glorieux - classical pianist/composer talks of MJ

filmandmusic

Proud Member
This Belgian guy turned 90 this weekend and got interviewed for the newspaper.
It was unknown to me but he knew Michael and they had plans together before Michael passed away.
I will translate here the important parts of the interview

152-DE413-E600-43-B9-AC46-644-C15-DF3-C03.jpg

https://postimg.cc/YjJZVfTQ, https://postimg.cc/RJn8hNJ3

7-A8-E4-FBA-B4-D6-4-A7-D-BEC7-7593395-B192-F.jpg

So Francois Glorieux was a pianist that Michael greatly admired, it is said that Michael had over the years collected all his records. In his repertoire was a piano version of “she’s out of my life” which Michael loved. Here it is:

In the interview he states that he played SOOML with Michael sitting next to him, Michael had tears in his eyes and almost fainted from emotion.
They first met when Branca called him, he said Michael wanted to meet him asap. Glorieux at that time had 8 concerts in China so a quick meeting was out of the question. Eventually they met in California where Branca said to him “you will talk about 3min with Michael because he doesn’t like long conversations.” They did talk but it was for over 3 hours as Michael wanted to know everything about him and especially about his youth and upbringing, apparently they had a lot of common interests.

After the “common interests“ sentence there is failed, completely ridiculous and infuriating attempt by the journalist at giving the interview a sinister child pedophilia swing. Glorieux isn’t faced by it laughs the comment away and continues to talk about Michael. He said he and Michael loved animals a lot.

3 months later a second meeting arrived where Michael asked him for a huge project where Glorieux had to to arrange his songs for a big symphonic concert. The pianist reworked smooth criminal, Liberian girl and bad and Michael loved what he did with them.
Before Michael died he wanted to organise a big concert where Glorieux had to conduct the Los Angeles symphonic concert, Michael wanted Glorieux there to play the symphonic versions of his hits but he could also play his own material. Michael said the stage was for him he would not join him on stage but wanted to experience the concert from the front row, at the end he would come on stage to personally thank and congratulate Glorieux because Michael called him the greatest composer of all time.

This concert never happened because Michael passed away a few weeks later, Glorieux says he still thinks the doctor has done some bad things there and that his death could have been prevented.
He concludes the passage about MJ with the words that they were good friends and that he still think a lot about him.

PS if I somehow can get the photo in here you will see the 90 year old guy wearing an MJ t shirt during the interview which I find fucking awesome 😎.

This Belgian guy turned 90 this weekend and got interviewed for the newspaper.
It was unknown to me but he knew Michael and they had plans together before Michael passed away.
I will translate here the important parts of the interview

152-DE413-E600-43-B9-AC46-644-C15-DF3-C03.jpg

https://postimg.cc/YjJZVfTQ, https://postimg.cc/RJn8hNJ3

7-A8-E4-FBA-B4-D6-4-A7-D-BEC7-7593395-B192-F.jpg

So Francois Glorieux was a pianist that Michael greatly admired, it is said that Michael had over the years collected all his records. In his repertoire was a piano version of “she’s out of my life” which Michael loved. Here it is:

In the interview he states that he played SOOML with Michael sitting next to him, Michael had tears in his eyes and almost fainted from emotion.
They first met when Branca called him, he said Michael wanted to meet him asap. Glorieux at that time had 8 concerts in China so a quick meeting was out of the question. Eventually they met in California where Branca said to him “you will talk about 3min with Michael because he doesn’t like long conversations.” They did talk but it was for over 3 hours as Michael wanted to know everything about him and especially about his youth and upbringing, apparently they had a lot of common interests.

After the “common interests“ sentence there is failed, completely ridiculous and infuriating attempt by the journalist at giving the interview a sinister child pedophilia swing. Glorieux isn’t faced by it laughs the comment away and continues to talk about Michael. He said he and Michael loved animals a lot.

3 months later a second meeting arrived where Michael asked him for a huge project where Glorieux had to to arrange his songs for a big symphonic concert. The pianist reworked smooth criminal, Liberian girl and bad and Michael loved what he did with them.
Before Michael died he wanted to organise a big concert where Glorieux had to conduct the Los Angeles symphonic concert, Michael wanted Glorieux there to play the symphonic versions of his hits but he could also play his own material. Michael said the stage was for him he would not join him on stage but wanted to experience the concert from the front row, at the end he would come on stage to personally thank and congratulate Glorieux because Michael called him the greatest composer of all time.

This concert never happened because Michael passed away a few weeks later, Glorieux says he still thinks the doctor has done some bad things there and that his death could have been prevented.
He concludes the passage about MJ with the words that they were good friends and that he still think a lot about him.

PS if I somehow can get the photo in here you will see the 90 year old guy wearing an MJ t shirt during the interview which I find fucking awesome 😎.
Wonderful. ❤️

f&m, do you speak Czech? I can't remember which languages you speak. I found a Czech interview with Francois online. Well, pages 1 & 2.

@zinniabooklover yes and I also speak Chinese, Korean, Russian and Thai
No seriously I don’t, I know as a European I am expected to speak all 54 languages of the continent and its dialects but I don’t 😄
It is Dutch btw the language that I speak

Last edited:

Last edited:
Back