Invincible should have been a 2CD boxset/album

DanGerouS-

2000 Watts $horty
Actually the outtakes from that era are so strong, it could have been easily a double disc album.
Also there should be at least 2-3 songs from this era, that are still unheard.

1) Xscape
2) Hollywood Tonight
3) Blue Gangsta
4) A Place with No Name
5) She Was Loving Me
6) Another Day
7) (I Like) The Way You Love Me
8) We've had Enough
9) Beautiful Girl (finished)
10) In The Back (finished) <- that one was revisited in 1999 for Invincible
11) Shout
12) (unreleased/unheard)
13) (unreleased/unheard)

such a missed opportunity. after 6 years of waiting, it would have been a gamechanger.

Last edited:
Actually the outtakes from that era are so strong, it could have been easily a double disc album.
Also there should be at least 2-3 songs from this era, that are still unheard.

1) Xscape
2) Hollywood Tonight
3) Blue Gangsta
4) A Place with No Name
5) She Was Loving Me
6) Another Day
7) (I Like) The Way You Love Me
8) We've had Enough
9) Beautiful Girl (finished)
10) In The Back (finished) <- that one was revisited in 1999 for Invincible
11) Shout
12) (unreleased/unheard)
13) (unreleased/unheard)

such a missed opportunity. after 6 years of waiting, it would have been a gamechanger.
This could've been the successor to Invincible, the new album after the trial. Xscape as the lead single would've been perfect:
no matter where I am
I see my face around
they pin lies on my name
then push them from town to town

Michael Jackson had already lost the game, regardless of how many discs his 'Invincible' album would include.

That was partly because the singer ceased to be a priority for Sony Music right after the release of his 'Blood On The Dance Floor' album, as John Randy Taraborrelli noted.

If the 'Invincible' album was a double disc album, then it would have sold even fewer copies (due to its much higher retail price).

So, from a commercial point of view, that would have been an utter disaster for Michael Jackson's standards.

In any case, one wonders which was the planned bonus track (on the LP version of the 'Invincible' album), as it was reported some weeks before the official release of the album.

In China the album was released without Break of Dawn, 2000 Watts, and Threatened. Takes it down to 13 songs. The exact opposite direction this thread is saying but. Would people like the album to be smaller?

In China the album was released without Break of Dawn, 2000 Watts, and Threatened. Takes it down to 13 songs. The exact opposite direction this thread is saying but. Would people like the album to be smaller?
Why was that? And why were specifically those songs excluded?

I wouldn’t want the album without them.

2000 Watts is an absolute banger. badass beat & lyrics. Teddy Riley should have done another album with MJ.

i guess it was blocked in some countries because of the lyrics?

The only explanation that was given about that removal is this:

"'Threatened', '2000 Watts', and 'Break Of Dawn' were removed from the original Chinese release of the ['Invincible'] album for unknown reasons"

That removal of these 3 songs (from the Chinese edition of the album) apparently has nothing to do with the lyrics considering that later the Chinese edition of the 'The Collection' box set (2013) includes these 3 songs.

2000 Watts has the worst vocals Michael ever recorded, the lyrics are also completely ridiculous. The beat itself is very good.
What? Are we listening to the same song? How could you describe those vocals as bad?

I am not sure why people try to fuss over Invincible like it was this great album - it wasn't. Michael phoned it in and handed all the thinking over to younger producers. The entire direction of the album is off. I am of the belief he could have had another hit album in him but Invincible just wasn't it. It has a few nice moments but overall, it just is not the kind of standard of album that Michael was known for. Keep Break of Dawn, Heaven can wait, Butterflies, YRMW and Whatever Happens, MAYBE Threatened and ditch the rest.

I am not sure why people try to fuss over Invincible like it was this great album - it wasn't. Michael phoned it in and handed all the thinking over to younger producers. The entire direction of the album is off. I am of the belief he could have had another hit album in him but Invincible just wasn't it. It has a few nice moments but overall, it just is not the kind of standard of album that Michael was known for. Keep Break of Dawn, Heaven can wait, Butterflies, YRMW and Whatever Happens, MAYBE Threatened and ditch the rest.
Cant agree more. Seems we have a similar taste.

What? Are we listening to the same song? How could you describe those vocals as bad?
I don't know I'm not a vocal coach but it is how I register them in my brain, I don't like them. I don't hate the vocals or the song in general, if other artists made this song I wouldn't have a song opinion about it but it is MJ so my opinion is more forceful.
A really strong futuristic flashy videoclip probably could have helped.

Hmm I don’t hear a lot that is similar. I guess the Tyrese acoustic guitar strumming is what MJ took?
Anyway I like the Tyrese song better 🫣
I just imagine a MJ album with
I Like Them Girls and Rock Your Body
would've been amazing!

Hmm I don’t hear a lot that is similar. I guess the Tyrese acoustic guitar strumming is what MJ took?
Anyway I like the Tyrese song better 🫣
It's produced totally different. It's just the song was literally the album title track for Tyrese.

It's produced totally different. It's just the song was literally the album title track for Tyrese.
Oh good lol because I really didn’t hear a similarity. The force is strong with you, I almost heard things that weren’t there!

This Tyrese song sounds like it could have been on Invincible. It's even produced by Darkchild
I like it, but Michael loved spending money. That's why he probably never would've recorded it, I guess.

Last edited:
Whilst I have a soft spot for Invincible (It being the first Michael Jackson album I bought and what kick-started serious fandom) it was already too long at 16 tracks.

Back