Invincible should've been Michael's only album, ever.

A world cry day? So gloomy and disturbing. They’d better honor him with a world “smile” day. Fans fell in love with his smile not his tears.

A world cry day? So gloomy and disturbing. They’d better honor him with a world “smile” day. Fans fell in love with his smile not his tears.
For at least 25 years now it's been fashionable to celebrate someone's life when they die rather than sinking into mourning. People do this in their personal life, not just with celebrities. There is nothing wrong with it but it can feel almost tyrannical. As if you are not supposed to ever have sad feelings. Or, if you do, then deal with them at home, in private, but don't bring them to the funeral / memorial service / gathering. That's unfair to people who would like to express their natural feelings of sorrow at someone's passing. Tears and grief are natural human responses and it's perfectly reasonable for people to want to create a space in which to let those feelings out.

That said, afaik, those World Cry Days seem to have fizzled out. So, who knows?

That said, afaik, those World Cry Days seem to have fizzled out. So, who knows?
As it should, I find it embarrassing. Unless they aren’t actually crying then it’s ok. I’m a macho man, I don’t cry, only when I remove fresh bullets with my bare hands I start sweating a bit, that’s it. It is me forcing the tears to leave my body through my skin.

As it should, I find it embarrassing.
I watched a couple of the YT videos, I didn't find them embarrassing. I thought they were rather charming. That said, they seem to have disappeared. The ones that are there now - which I didn't see several years ago - are very different to the ones I'm talking about.

Anyway, I think you can rest easy, f&m. Doesn't seem like they are going to catch on! I think some people do the World Cry Day as a private, personal thing but that's all.

Unless they aren’t actually crying then it’s ok. I’m a macho man, I don’t cry, only when I remove fresh bullets with my bare hands I start sweating a bit, that’s it. It is me forcing the tears to leave my body through my skin.
You are bonkers, lol. :ROFLMAO:

Why was my Farewell My Summer Love joke removed from this thread? Was it really so bad?
Or am I lost in another thread?

Something like:
"Invincible should've been Michael's only album, ever." -> OK, at the condition that MJ rerecorded every song from Farewell My Summer Love in 2000 and put this avec Invincible disc 2.

(Not too proud of it, iit was intended to be as surreal as the thread title...)

Something like:
"Invincible should've been Michael's only album, ever." -> OK, at the condition that MJ rerecorded every song from Farewell My Summer Love in 2000 and put this avec Invincible disc 2.

oh, I remember it. I didn't understand it, sorry!

Something like:

I’m just going to play along. Michael would not be able to recapture the joy and energy of his voice when recording the original farewell my summer love songs again. The youthness (this is not a word, my vocab is too limited but you know what I mean) of that album is the vital component of its success, older Michael lost that spark

Back