Invincible thread: Could Michael have done his This is It tour in 2001-02?

IhateTheMedia

Proud Member
Country
United-States
Let's say Michael agrees to tour for Invincible, but it's just 50 shows in the United States spread out across 2001-02 branded as his "final tour". This would massively boost sales for the album, and probably put it up around Dangerous numbers if not higher. Could he have physically completed a 50 show circuit at that point?

Absolutely not. His drug addiction was at its worst back then and he barely managed to do 2 concerts alone, no way he'd be able to do an entire tour in the condition he was in. He'd probably be able to do a few shows at most until they'd have be cancelled or until he'd suffer from drug related use.

No, sadly his health was comprimised during that period. He was done from touring & with Sony because those assholes screwed him over big time

I actually say yes. In 2002 he was in decent enough shape. He'd get through at least 10. 50, yeah, he'd cut short, and people would complain, maybe call him washed up, but at least it'd be something.

No I don't think he could of. His dependency on pain medication at that point was too strong. I don't think between 2000-03 he was in the frame of mind to be in the public eye to be honest.

I'm not so sure...maybe if he like stoped with the drugs and got serious on his health then yea, but because he didn't realize his health was in poor condition (or maybe he did but did nothing about it) then not really... he could probably do two shows but then maybe he would need a months' break. So, basically no..

(hey, at lest he's better up there)

Back