Invincible's release date was stupid

DanGerouS-

2000 Watts $horty
Why was Invincible released on halloween, where everybody is listening to Thriller 24/7.
No wonder, nobody noticed there was a new MJ album during that time.

Was he planning to release Threatened as a single?
it's like the worst time to release an album.

Why was Invincible released on halloween, where everybody is listening to Thriller 24/7.
Agree!
Yes, MJ planned to release it as last single

13 going on 30 came out the same time as Invincible, featured an MJ song, it wasn't Invincible lol. I find that intriguing.

Invincible was also released just a month or so after the 9/11 terror attack but I have no idea if that mattered in any way.
(talking about Usa release)

That is not a minor hit.
It's not just about where the song peaked on the chart.

It's about longevity and impact , butterflies is not known to the masses. It you ask a random to name 10 MJ songs zero would say butterflies

As an example, like I love you by JT, peaked at number 11 on billboard top 100 but that song is known worldwide to this day and I still hear it being played on radio.

Sorry I'm merging both YRMW and butterflies into one and I'm not meaning to. I'm getting myself confused here 😆

Last edited:

It's about longevity and impact , butterflies is not known to the masses. It you ask a random to name 10 MJ songs zero would say butterflies

As an example, like I love you by JT, peaked at number 11 on billboard top 100 but that song is known worldwide to this day and I still hear it being played on radio.

Sorry I'm merging both YRMW and butterflies into one and I'm not meaning to. I'm getting myself confused here 😆
How many “randoms” would name I Just Can’t Stop Loving You in a list of 10 songs from MJ?

How many “randoms” would name I Just Can’t Stop Loving You in a list of 10 songs from MJ?
More than butterflies anyway, it was a number 1 hit during Michael's 80's peak and was also sung live on consecutive tours plus was planned for TII

I've also heard it fairly often on radio through the years and it's been used in tv etc

More than butterflies anyway, it was a number 1 hit during Michael's 80's peak and was also sung live on consecutive tours plus was planned for TII

I've also heard it fairly often on radio through the years and it's been used in tv etc
But how many random people do you think would actually include it in a list of MJ songs tho? I believe people would more likely include YRMW than IJCSLY.

What I really want to say is nr 10 on the chart is not a minor hit, or a small feat.

yea but quickly forgotten.
People need to stop insisting that the sole issue with Invincible was its promotion. IT WASN'T. The album's content didn't resonate with the general public as strongly as MJ's earlier works. Every artist experiences this at some point.

The release date is definitely not the problem here.

Invincible was also released just a month or so after the 9/11 terror attack but I have no idea if that mattered in any way.
(talking about Usa release)
This is exactly why it should have been delayed. This is what makes it a bad release date!

Finally a bit of common sense rather than the constant denial and excuses
People need to stop insisting that the sole issue with Invincible was its promotion. IT WASN'T. The album's content didn't resonate with the general public as strongly as MJ's earlier works. Every artist experiences this at some point.

The release date is definitely not the problem here.

But how many random people do you think would actually include it in a list of MJ songs tho? I believe people would more likely include YRMW than IJCSLY.

What I really want to say is nr 10 on the chart is not a minor hit, or a small feat.
Thought we were discussing butterflies?

I've already said that You Rock My World was a fairly successful single , it was number 2 here in the UK.

You're the one talking smack in my DMs lol
Too right and you deserve it, constant trolling and making people upset.

I've reacted to you because I've had enough of your crap but I'm just gonna put you on ignore now.

Bye 👋

How would you know that?

Back