Invincible's release date was stupid

But how many random people do you think would actually include it in a list of MJ songs tho? I believe people would more likely include YRMW than IJCSLY.

What I really want to say is nr 10 on the chart is not a minor hit, or a small feat.
I actually disagree. I think IJCSLY is more widely know than YRMW- especially for people who grew up in the 80s. I remember YRMW barely had any radio play when it was released.

The problem with "Invincible" was not the release date, it was the lack of promotion and creative freedom towards Michael, if they had let him decide his singles and make his short films as he wanted, he would have sold much more, I think. I'm not saying that it would have been a success like "Dangerous" or "Bad" but it would have sold more than the 9 million it generated in sales, plus I have read people who think that the failure of "invincible" was not the fault of the promotion, that is simply incorrect, as I said before I don't think it would have exceeded 30 million but maybe around 20 million, the lack of a short film for butterflies also didn't help, it would have entered the top 10, "cry" was also a bad choice as the second single

The problem with "Invincible" was not the release date, it was the lack of promotion and creative freedom towards Michael, if they had let him decide his singles and make his short films as he wanted, he would have sold much more, I think. I'm not saying that it would have been a success like "Dangerous" or "Bad" but it would have sold more than the 9 million it generated in sales, plus I have read people who think that the failure of "invincible" was not the fault of the promotion, that is simply incorrect, as I said before I don't think it would have exceeded 30 million but maybe around 20 million, the lack of a short film for butterflies also didn't help, it would have entered the top 10, "cry" was also a bad choice as the second single
With full promotion Michael planned, Invincible could reach 100 or 2000 million! Michael created amazing promotion for this album! But stupid Motola ruined everything! I hate them so much 😡

That depends a whole lot on where you were.
Totally agree. In my country people know only Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal and Beat It. Moreover a lot of adverts use smooth criminal song🤦 I saw bathroom advert once with SC song on TV😭🤦

Too right and you deserve it, constant trolling and making people upset.

I've reacted to you because I've had enough of your crap but I'm just gonna put you on ignore now.

Bye 👋
He sent me a clown emoji randomly a while back lmao. The fact that people on here aren't getting banned is hilarious as quite a few people are just here to annoy everyone.

He sent me a clown emoji randomly a while back lmao. The fact that people on here aren't getting banned is hilarious as quite a few people are just here to annoy everyone.
He did the same to me actually, the clown emoji a few weeks ago via a private message.

I need to learn to not react but it's hard not to bite back when they antagonize you.

Completely agree about them not being banned btw. I'm not sure how it works but rather than just deleting their posts they should get even a temp ban

Invincible mainly failed because it wasn't cool to be a MJ fan at that time.
i remember people saying 'oh that weirdo without nose was on TV again, i thought he's in jail??'
everybody made jokes about him.
(Thriller would have failed the same way.)

that changed after 2009.

Invincible mainly failed because it wasn't cool to be a MJ fan at that time.
i remember people saying 'oh that weirdo without nose was on TV again, i thought he's in jail??'
everybody made jokes about him.
(Thriller would have failed the same way.)

that changed after 2009.
That's completely wrong. Invincible was certified Platinum twice in the US. While it didn't measure up to Michael Jackson's earlier work, it wasn't because 'it wasn't cool to be a fan'. The main issue was that the album's content didn't quite hit the mark with the general audience. Period.

I’ve had that user on ignore for a while now, his posts are totally annoying and usually aren’t very insightful.

That's completely wrong. Invincible was certified Platinum twice in the US. While it didn't measure up to Michael Jackson's earlier work, it wasn't because 'it wasn't cool to be a fan'. The main issue was that the album's content didn't quite hit the mark with the general audience. Period.
Yeah they spent a lotta time talking about MJs work, even in places you'd think they wouldn't, like Steve Hoffman forums. Focus in on that place in particular.

Yeah, Invincible wasn't talked about it, but it was more in the way of "people" didn't even realize it existed. Some people didn't like it, but a few actually did.

Nowadays it's more in the way people here talk about it, yet it's still more merciful somehow.

Two good comments:

Funny how the guy who manufactured and leaked his own false news stories about sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber and buying the bones of The Elephant Man was blighted by a lack of promotion.

I quite liked Invincible, but it was just too long. No offence to MJ. Most albums in 2001 were too long.:)

It does have its moments though, there are some great songs on it. But compare it to History, there's no real MJ on it. His heart isn't in it apart from the Lost Children.

She heard heaven can wait and had a heart attack because it is so bad
A lot worse on Invincible than Heaven can wait....

Invincible, privacy, cry, the lost children, 2000 watts , threatened.

I'm not so keen on speechless either, the verse is beautiful but the chorus is super cheesy lol

The mental maturity of some people here is depressingly low.
It was a joke,my friend 🥰 (I hoped that you'd pick up on that,but I was wrong,as usual,it seems).
(You're predictable,so you'll either remain silent,either reply to this post and blindly state that I'm not doing anything more than proving your point,but so be it. The fact that adults are nothing more than wounded children stuck in matured bodies,expected to act like grown ups yet more often than not failling to do so,is basic knowledge at this point,I'll assume.You acting like a depressed hypocrite,trying to look any wise,thinking that there's not anything of a child left inside of you,will not change things,I'm afraid. So go on:take yourself so seriously to the point where it will border on comical,sooner or later.Do it..)

Last edited:
Back