Is leave me alone on the LP release of Bad?

@Nite Line

Why do you find it flows well?
I don’t disagree or agree but I’d like to know how exactly it flows well in your head. I never really give it much thought to re arrange tracklists but it is intriguing.

Opening Side 2 with Bad? Classic move. SC to close Side 1 and MITM to close out the album? Brilliant.
The 'Smooth Criminal' song is fine as the album's closing track.

Keep in mind that this song is regarded as the best song from the album, so being placed at the end of the album leaves the listener wanting more.

The 'BAD' song is also fine as the album's opening track.

Keep in mind that this song is tied with the album's overall edgier and street theme, so being placed at the start of the album was a good decision.

I don't think the song itself talks about the press, as you would believe from watching the Moonwalker video.
If you ask me, this song is talking about a bad breakup and was only later repackaged to have other meanings.

“I’m sending a simple message here: ‘Leave me alone.’ The song is about a relationship between a guy and a girl. But what I’m really saying to people who are bothering me is: ‘Leave me alone.’” (Michael Jackson, Moonwalker)

I don't think the song itself talks about the press, as you would believe from watching the Moonwalker video.
If you ask me, this song is talking about a bad breakup and was only later repackaged to have other meanings.
“I’m sending a simple message here: ‘Leave me alone.’ The song is about a relationship between a guy and a girl. But what I’m really saying to people who are bothering me is: ‘Leave me alone.’” (Michael Jackson, Moonwalker)
In the 'Leave Me Alone' song, Michael Jackson portrays the media/press with a girl that the singer presumably had a relationship with.

So, this means that even the song itself is in fact about the media/press, and this meaning is later more emphasized via the music video.

Leave Me Alone and Liberian Girl didn't have the same feeling. Specifically with that epic video format, that wouldn't have worked. And just singing Leave Me Alone for 5 minutes didn't seem like MJs forte lol. At least not yet.
That honestly makes so much since when you think about it

Back