Is Man in the Mirror the best song of all time?

IhateTheMedia

Proud Member
Country
United-States
What's the common ground on this? He has so many incredible songs, it's hard to decide which one is the best. But my heart says this one is so damn special, it has to be the best.

Man in the Mirror, Imagine, Earth Song, Human Nature
they're all great

When he died there were a couple of songs that got more attention than the rest and man in the mirror got the most, not just by airplay but also by downloads.
That is a sign of the song being very good and well respected.

My countries radio stations hold best songs of all time post each year and MITM is always part of the list. So yes apparently it is up there, ot just for the fans but also for the wider public.

It most definitely is one of his top 5 signature solo songs together with billie jean, thriller, beat it and smooth criminal

Keep in mind that songs which were not written or co-written by Michael Jackson are not really appreciated by his fans as his best songs.

In any case, the 'Man In The Mirror' song deserved a better music video than this hotchpotch of various major, global news events and very famous/prominent people.

Keep in mind that songs which were not written or co-written by Michael Jackson are not really appreciated by his fans as his best songs.

In any case, the 'Man In The Mirror' song deserved a better music video than this hotchpotch of various major, global news events and very famous/prominent people.
Watch Moonwalker then. You don't have to think while listening to music that way.

When he died there were a couple of songs that got more attention than the rest and man in the mirror got the most, not just by airplay but also by downloads.
That is a sign of the song being very good and well respected.
In the UK there was a campaign to get it to #1 in the download chart, but it failed. I guess that's the problem - there were too many MJ songs, instead of just being one or two. There was nothing to focus on, nothing obvious. I guess MJ doesn't really have a signature song (perhaps Billie Jean or Thriller).

My countries radio stations hold best songs of all time post each year and MITM is always part of the list.
In the UK there are at least 3 lists like this, and what I was gonna say was that MITM is never up there. Imagine, Bohemian Rhapsody and people like Whitney, Clapton and George Micheal are usually in the top 10.

Michael Jackson fans are strange obsessed weirdos if they can't appreciate songs written for Michael by other artists then.... I don't believe that's the case at all.

Rock with you, Off the wall, Human Nature , Man in the mirror , Thriller to name a few are some of his best or most iconic tracks.

the lyrics are one of the best American social criticism lyrics ever. I think only "In The Ghetto" tops it

Back