Is there such a thing as a perfect pressing of the album "Get It Together" ?

Maxym

Proud Member
Donations
$6.00
I own the CD from the 2013 Jackson 5 "Complete Album Collection" ... but its mastering is a disaster. I always think that this the album the sound the "most different to others" in the Motown discography... But here the sound is really terrible.

I own the CD from 2001 "Two Classics Albums At One" [440 014 383-2] (US) which is better but, I just noticed that in the song Get It Together, at 00:33 there is some glitch happening ... Michael saying "Get It Together" get interrupted ans says something more like "Get It Togeth.-ah", the backing vocals repeat twice "You don't want my love / I'll Be Gone / You don't want my lovin'" ... they're supposed to say it only once. (As a result I think the the track is 1 second longer than it should.)
(I doubt that this glitch would be only on my CD. Or is it?)

I also own a vinyl record from 1973 but I don't find time to finish a clean rip of it ... and regarding the 1973 record, I feel like sound quality goes down a been when approaching from the end of side-b, sound lacks a bit of punch ... not sure why ...

So, maybe if I get the track Get It Together from some compilation and keep the reste of the album from the 2001 CD, I'll get something decent easily. But who knowns if there are other glitches like this?
Are the Japanese CD releases better or do they have the same glitch?
Are the 2007 and 2009 version different (worse?) then the 2001 version?

Last edited:
I own the CD from 2001 "Two Classics Albums At One" [440 014 383-2] (US) which is better but, I just noticed that in the song Get It Together, at 00:33 there is some glitch happening ... Michael saying "Get It Together" get interrupted ans says something more like "Get It Togeth.-ah", the backing vocals repeat twice "You don't want my love / I'll Be Gone / You don't want my lovin'" ... they're supposed to say it only once. (As a result I think the the track is 1 second longer than it should.)
(I doubt that this glitch would be only on my CD. Or is it?)

I remember my version of that 2-in-1 CD had that glitch as well. I had the song on other CDs and forms of media so I wasn't TOO bothered by it (though it was still annoying).....probably a good 10+ years later I bought that same CD hoping for a later pressing and lo and behold the 2nd copy didn't have that glitch. Glad to know I wasn't the only one!!

Back