Is Triumph the best Jacksons album?

Re: Jackson 5 2 Jacksons

That isn't why they changed the group's name. It was because Motown sued them when they left for Epic and said they owned the Jackson 5 name. So they had no choice but to change it, since Motown registered the J5 name as their trademark. Also the lineups were different. Jermaine quit the group to remain at Motown, and Randy was made an official member of The Jacksons at Epic/CBS Records. A similar situation happened with a soul group called The Moments. When they switched labels, their original label didn't allow them to use the name. So they renamed themselves using the members last names as the group name (Ray, Goodman, & Brown).

oh wow. i didn't know that. they should of never made their name trademark. though they had to because of marketing. but they didn't know they was gonna move from motown so it isn't really nobody fault. i had no problem with name chance though. we knew who their was with one member missing and replace and a new name. i kinda like i just said with my first post.

Last edited:
Triumph to me is there best album, because it feels like an adult Jacksons album, like Destiny did, but with that Off The Wall flavour Mike brought to the project and the songs themselves have stronger hooks and more distinct melodies. Plus the groove goes harder on Triumph

The Jacksons live album Triumph is just the cherry on the cake

Triumph is my favourite Jacksons album by far. I love it, it showcases the Jacksons' talent. It does not have an overproduced sound at all and it has a coming of age type of vibe. This era is my favourite MJ era, post-The Wiz but pre-Thriller. MJ voice was just perfection and he just had happiness to perform with his brothers which he seemed to lose during the Victory Tour.

Back