Israel

MJBrazil21

Proud Member
A few years ago, a friend of mine who went to Israel told me that he was impressed that people in Jerusalem knew Michael Jackson. The Israelis also told him that MJ is one of the only Western stars they know or have heard of, and he already performed in this country in 1993, My friend also told me that when he went to ask the population about Elvis, Beatles, Prince, Madonna... No one had ever heard about these artists, Mainly The Beatles and Elvis who never performed in Israel and also because it is a country very closed to the western world, it doesn't have much access to foreign music, but Michael everyone knows and loves them

It just seems like you ask the same question each week about a different country...

Israel is a western aligned country politically, they know all the popular artists of the West

That's what I though, they must have adopted American culture like half the earth, but no:

You know they have TV and the internet in Israel, right ?
Not to mention Madonna first played there in 1993, afaik, plus she performed at the Eurovision Song Contest the year Israel hosted the competition.

[...] it doesn't have much access to foreign music, [...]
Iggy Pop has performed there. Also Iron Maiden, Bjork, Paul McCartney, Faith No More, Ace of Base, Boy George, Lou Reed, Metallica, Robbie Williams, Guns 'n Roses and Bruno Mars to mention only a few.

Last edited:
A more interesting question would be this:

Is Michael Jackson popular outside of Earth?

Studies have shown that Michael Jackson seem to be popular also outside of Earth.

This also explains one of the singer's biggest desires when he was alive: to do his Moonwalk dance move on Moon in front of an audience of Aliens.

For this reason, Michael Jackson and his close friend Uri Geller were in advanced talks with a team of space scientists/engineers from a space agency.

But the singer's plan abruptly fell through when the child sexual abuse accusations against him broke out.

That's what I though, they must have adopted American culture like half the earth, but no:

There are quite a few western artists in that list. I saw the weeknd, miley cyrus, harry styles and others. It is natural that Israeli artists dominate the national charts.
In this weeks Belgian singles chart there are 11 local acts too…

Back