Its funny/annoying that like Xscape the next posthumous we will already have heard a big part of it

I listen to leaks - but I would no doubt, like I have always done, support any future album if already leaked songs are included.

Actually I think the Estate should release already leaked songs to get them out of the way.

I hope next album would have:

• We've Had Enough
  • Dream Away
  • Chicago 1945
  • Who Do You Know
  • Price of Fame
They might need to be finalized, and I hope they get the original cooperators to finish them in MJ's vision.

If they then add 3-4 all new songs I would be more than happy. We can never ever blame The Estate that songs have already been illegally leaked.
I know I want already released songs - that might be controversial. But Price of Fame could be such a banger. Great lyrics, great vocals, great instrumentation - it only needs to be mixed properly and finalized. - We've Had Enough shouldn't be touched, just released as it is.

I listen to leaks - but I would no doubt, like I have always done, support any future album if already leaked songs are included.

Actually I think the Estate should release already leaked songs to get them out of the way.

• We've Had Enough
  • Dream Away
  • Chicago 1945
  • Who Do You Know
  • Price of Fame
They might need to be finalized, and I hope they get the original cooperators to finish them in MJ's vision.

If they then add 3-4 all new songs I would be more than happy. We can never ever blame The Estate that songs have already been illegally leaked.
I know I want already released songs - that might be controversial. But Price of Fame could be such a banger. Great lyrics, great vocals, great instrumentation - it only needs to be mixed properly and finalized. - We've Had Enough shouldn't be touched, just released as it is.
These songs should have truly original versions - the primitive and initial versions.

• We've Had Enough
  • Dream Away
  • Chicago 1945
  • Who Do You Know
  • Price of Fame

Who Do You Know and Price Of Fame are already released on anniversary releases. Why release them again?

We've Had Enough I get because it got buried on a boxset and that collection is pretty much ignored nowadays.

• We've Had Enough
  • Dream Away
  • Chicago 1945
  • Who Do You Know
  • Price of Fame
Nothing against officially releasing before leaked songs.
But they shouldn’t rerelease songs they released before. Maybe one but not three rereleases on a „new“ album.

That said:
Singles is the way to go IMO.
3 singles a year. Released as EPs with all kinds of different versions of the song, including of course, the final original & the demo.

i mean a new album with songs like "If You Dont Love Me", "Chicago 1945", "Throwing your Life away", "Hot street" and "Nite Line" along with a few ballads, all mixed with that modern 80-s nostalgia sound similar to what the weeknd is using would be HUGE in the general public's perception.

we still have so many quality outtakes both in and out of the vault, i think even if songs are leaked there is some excitement to be had with new mixes and remastered tracks, along with the scattering of some new never heard tracks.

with songs like Dream Away and Who do You Know creeping out of the woodwork and being instant hits, i think we are alright to say that there are plenty of unheard MJ hits waiting to be released.

Get Your Weight Off Me sucks ass though, dont get your hopes up for that one.

i mean a new album with songs like "If You Dont Love Me", "Chicago 1945", "Throwing your Life away", "Hot street" and "Nite Line" along with a few ballads, all mixed with that modern 80-s nostalgia sound similar to what the weeknd is using would be HUGE in the general public's perception.

we still have so many quality outtakes both in and out of the vault, i think even if songs are leaked there is some excitement to be had with new mixes and remastered tracks, along with the scattering of some new never heard tracks.

with songs like Dream Away and Who do You Know creeping out of the woodwork and being instant hits, i think we are alright to say that there are plenty of unheard MJ hits waiting to be released.

Get Your Weight Off Me sucks ass though, dont get your hopes up for that one.
yeah it sucks but we had snippets since 2011 and it doesn't get leaked

Listening to The Verdict made me realize that maybe GYWOOM isn't such a bad song after all and that there are songs in the vault that are actually shit lol. The fact that the song is one of the rare songs in the vault that's 100% finished makes it worth a listen at least.
yeah it sucks but we had snippets since 2011 and it doesn't get leaked
With all the teasing in the last 3-4 years I'm surprised it hasn't been leaked yet, maybe all the hype surrounding the song is what makes people afraid to leak it entirely?

Listening to The Verdict made me realize that maybe GYWOOM isn't such a bad song after all and that there are songs in the vault that are actually shit lol. The fact that the song is one of the rare songs in the vault that's 100% finished makes it worth a listen at least.

With all the teasing in the last 3-4 years I'm surprised it hasn't been leaked yet, maybe all the hype surrounding the song is what makes people afraid to leak it entirely?
its prob one of the most famous unreleased MJ tracks, so its quality doesnt matter, the name sells.

• We've Had Enough
  • Dream Away
  • Chicago 1945
  • Who Do You Know
  • Price of Fame

We've Had Enough, Who Do You Know & Price of Fame are officially released. What are you talking about?

Who Do You Know and Price Of Fame are already released on anniversary releases. Why release them again?

We've Had Enough I get because it got buried on a boxset and that collection is pretty much ignored nowadays.
Because I would love them to be polished and finalized. Surely what was released was a demo or PoF, not entirely finished. So make the original producer work on them again and make them fresh and crisp sounding and give them a proper release.

Not a single person outside fan circles know about Price of Fame - or We've Had Enough. - And that's really a shame.

With the Ukraine and Russia situation We've Had Enough is more relevant than ever. It could be contemporized and finished and properly mastered and be released as a single now. Charity. - All profits should go to help Ukraine from the devils who invade them.

We've Had Enough, Who Do You Know & Price of Fame are officially released. What are you talking about?
Because I would love them to be polished and finalized. Surely what was released was not entirely finished. So make the original producer work on them again and make them fresh and crisp sounding and give them a proper release.

Not a single person outside fan circles know about Price of Fame - or We've Had Enough. - And that's really a shame.

I think we should all treat songs on the ultimate collection as "unreleased", as thats the route the estate has gone with it.
Ironic since cheater was literally released as a radio single, but, ehh. They will all end up on anniversary releases, I'm sure.

I think what merits discussion is if people prefer them to stick to latter day tracks or if they like older outtakes and demoes being used on these "modern" records. Xscape worked better with "little bit of everything" approach, but I preferred Michael to have more latter day. Not even Invincible era stuff, stuff we knew he wanted, based on that list. But I know, there's only so much.

I think what merits discussion is if people prefer them to stick to latter day tracks or if they like older outtakes and demoes being used on these "modern" records. Xscape worked better with "little bit of everything" approach, but I preferred Michael to have more latter day. Not even Invincible era stuff, stuff we knew he wanted, based on that list. But I know, there's only so much.
i think the next album they will go full on 80s only, maybe with Hot Fun too. a killer mj album could definetly be done, like an album coming out with killer singles like Throwing Your Life Away, Chicago 1945 and Hot Fun In The Summer Time would do insanely well.

we've all heard these songs, and we all know they are gaurenteed hits that just need some polishing (well we dont know about hot fun, although the song itself by sly and the family is great so it'd prob be great with michael & co too.)

i just really think there is a huge amount of potential with a new album lmfao, especially with this modern 80s sound trendy now, its the perfect time.

Last edited:
i think the next album they will go full on 80s only, maybe with Hot Fun too. like a killer mj album could definetly be done, like an album coming out with killer singles like Throwing Your Life Away, Chicago 1945 and Hot Fun In The Summer Time would do insanely well.

we've all heard these songs, and we all know they are gaurenteed hits that just need some polishing (well we dont know about hot fun, although the song itself by sly and the family is great so it'd prob be great with michael & co too.)

i just really think there is a huge amount of potential with a new album lmfao, especially with this modern 80s sound trendy now, its the perfect time.
also, jane is a groupee is a cover of sly too, which i did not know till recently.

Once they get this litigation with LaToya's husband done who knows what they'll have. They're planning to serve up unfinished songs with other people's vocals too.

also, jane is a groupee is a cover of sly too, which i did not know till recently.
It’s not a cover. It’s not even similar, apart from that phrase. Michael probably knew the song and wanted to write a song with that title.

It’s not a cover. It’s not even similar, apart from that phrase. Michael probably knew the song and wanted to write a song with that title.
Michael's version is nothing but that phrase. Saying they're not similar is kinda silly since ones a song and one's just a riff.

Michael's version is nothing but that phrase. Saying they're not similar is kinda silly since ones a song and one's just a riff.
Still, the two versions don’t share the same chord progressions or the same rhythm pattern. Calling Michael’s version a cover is wrong, that’s what I was pointing out. If anything, Michael‘s song contains an interpolation of that first line from Sly’s song.

Still, the two versions don’t share the same chord progressions or the same rhythm pattern. Calling Michael’s version a cover is wrong, that’s what I was pointing out. If anything, Michael‘s song contains an interpolation of that first line from Sly’s song.
Yeah, interpolation is an accurate description. More like just a riff. I don't think it was meant to be anything more than this though.

Back