Jackson 5 Tour Thread

Damn you, I saw this on the right of my screen and thought I would open a treasure cave.
This thread is going to stay empty unfortunately.

hi, Does anyone knows the real placement of "Ain't no sunshine" in the 1972 setlist ?
  • "Ain't No Sunshine" was recorded the night after most of the second disc was recorded, at the San Diego International Sports Arena, August 27, 1972. It was edited into Michael's solo set in the album's track listing, whereas in the San Diego show, it was elsewhere in the setlist.
and "Maybe tomorrow" in Hawaii setlist ?

hi, Does anyone knows the real placement of "Ain't no sunshine" in the 1972 setlist ?
  • "Ain't No Sunshine" was recorded the night after most of the second disc was recorded, at the San Diego International Sports Arena, August 27, 1972. It was edited into Michael's solo set in the album's track listing, whereas in the San Diego show, it was elsewhere in the setlist.
and "Maybe tomorrow" in Hawaii setlist ?
Give us more info, more context, more explanation.

Give us more info, more context, more explanation.
well, the Inglewwod forum concert had a regular setlist that did not include "Ain't no sunshine" so they put a performance from san diego into the live at the forum CD but they didn't put it at the right place. (It was also in their Set during the European leg in november).
Concerning "Maybe Tomorrow" it was performed in Hawaii but nothing about were it was on the setlist.
"Live It up" was done in Jermaine solo set along with "Bridge over troubled water" and "Daddy's home" in 1972 but were was it in 1973?:unsure:

Last edited:
Just to share, all the songs performed Summer 1972

"Brand New Thing"
"Medley: "I Want You Back"/"ABC"/"Mama's Pearl"
"Sugar Daddy"
"I'll Be There"
"Goin' Back to Indiana"/"Brand New Thing"/"Goin' Back to Indiana"
"Daddy's Home"
"Bridge Over Troubled Water"
"I Found That Girl"
"I'm So Happy"
"Live It up"
"Lookin' Through the Windows"
"Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing"
"Ben"
"Rockin' Robin"
"Got to Be There"
"You've Got a Friend"
"Ain't No Sunshine"
"Maybe Tomorrow"

"I Wanna Be Where You Are"
"That's How Love Goes"
"Never Can Say Goodbye"
"Walk On"
"The Love You Save"

Last edited:
well, the Inglewwod forum concert had a regular setlist that did not include "Ain't no sunshine" so they put a performance from san diego into the live at the forum CD but they didn't put it at the right place. (It was also in their Set during the European leg in november).
Concerning "Maybe Tomorrow" it was performed in Hawaii but nothing about were it was on the setlist.
"Live It up" was done in Jermaine solo set along with "Bridge over troubled water" and "Daddy's home" in 1972 but were was it in 1973?:unsure:
no telling for real, but I'd assume next to ain't that peculiar other songs. I can't answer that with full totality

no telling for real, but I'd assume next to ain't that peculiar other songs. I can't answer that with full totality
ok, that's another headeache for me though: the first leg of 1973 ain't that peculiar is at the end of the show (Live in japan!) while in the summer its like the 4th song.

how did you find that information?
reading those old magazine and newspaper reviews.
at the madison square garden it was :
1- "we're gonna have a goodtime"
2-"Halellujah day"
3-"Lookin' through the windows
4-"Ain't that peculiar"
same for another show that took place in august. while in san francisco "Get it together" replace "we're gonna have a goodtime" as a a set opener.
1-"Get it together"
2-"Hallelujah day"
3-"lookin' through the windows"
4-"ain't that peculiar"
5-"Live it up"
6-"I want you back/ABC/The love you save"

Last edited:
I don’t know why it is of any importance. Artists usually change up their setlists here and there. The Dangerous tour sometimes ended with heal the world instead of man in the mirror and sometimes bad was played and sometimes it wasn’t.

I don’t know why it is of any importance. Artists usually change up their setlists here and there. The Dangerous tour sometimes ended with heal the world instead of man in the mirror and sometimes bad was played and sometimes it wasn’t.
Of course but it still got an order in the line-up. On the Dangerous tour, he Just dropped songs during 1993 it was kind of an "uncomplete" set.
Those changes were not drastic even when they had to cut the set short for whatever reason.

Back