Jackson 5 vs. The Osmonds

I genuinly chose not to listen to The Osmonds, I probably just heard 2 songs by Donny and Marie but I knew they were a music family band because of the comparisson to The Jackson 5 they got, I've heard people called them the Caucasian version of The Jackson 5 which sounds racist to me. Probably Mexican public who were aroundin the 70's know who they are.

And even though I prefer The Jacksons over The Jackson 5, the brothers had more appealing classics from Motown than The Osmonds.

Being really predictable here. Wasn't keen on The Osmonds but I LOVED Crazy Horses! Brilliant song. The Osmonds were a perfectly good group. Decent songs, good singers, good performers etc but they just didn't capture my imagination.

J5 were much better. Tamla groups had superior material, imo. And J5 had Michael, of course!

I've been dipping in and out of Donny's autobiography for a few months. His story is interesting.

Been watching a lot of old Osmonds videos on youtube lately, but this was the only Osmonds related thread I could find on here. Anyway, they were amazing

This is my fave Donny interview. He only mentions Michael briefly (at approx 4m 15s). The usual stuff about Ben. He's always lovely about Michael and says nice things. But most of the conversation is to promote his 60th album - Soundtrack of My Life.

Sway's Universe / Donny Osmond - 2015

22m 42s

This is my fave Donny interview. He only mentions Michael briefly (at approx 4m 15s). The usual stuff about Ben. He's always lovely about Michael and says nice things. But most of the conversation is to promote his 60th album - Soundtrack of My Life.

Sway's Universe / Donny Osmond - 2015

22m 42s

That caller with the "chicken in a banana tree question", about where it's from. I JUST watched that last night! It's from this show
at around 35 minutes. I wish there was some way I could help her lol

That caller with the "chicken in a banana tree question", about where it's from. I JUST watched that last night! It's from this show
at around 35 minutes. I wish there was some way I could help her lol
god, that is annoying, isn't it?

You could see it definitely was ringing a bell for him but he couldn't quite catch it. I loved her question bc it wasn't a typical fangirling type question - they are often a bit predictable, imo. Her one was completely unexpected, lol.

This is mostly Stevie but I had to post it. Watching Donny as he watches his hero, Stevie, is just the best.

Stevie Wonder / Overjoyed - on the Donny & Marie Show

6m 26s

The Donny & Marie Show

Donny as a guest on his own show! Marie interviews him about his autobiography, 'Life Is What You Make It'. His wife Debbie and best pal also appear as guests.

23m 30s

watching this now...so much fun..they are so cute
Ngl, I am skipping the songs but really enjoying the chat, especially bc it's the UK and I know who everyone is.

Done about ten minutes so far. They do have chemistry, those two. Really cute!

Why you skipping the songs???
Bc I listened to the first 60 seconds of the first two songs and wasn't keen. Donny and Marie singing together is not my cup of tea and the songs were too MOR for me. Which didn't surprise me. I love them as entertainers, not so interested in them as singers. Actually, Donny on his own as a singer I'm fine with. It's the two of them together. It's just not my thing.

Bc I listened to the first 60 seconds of the first two songs and wasn't keen. Donny and Marie singing together is not my cup of tea and the songs were too MOR for me. Which didn't surprise me. I love them as entertainers, not so interested in them as singers. Actually, Donny on his own as a singer I'm fine with. It's the two of them together. It's just not my thing.
Oh I see

Back