Jury Selection Thread - Katherine Jackson vs. AEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Is Marvin telling the truth. From what the other reporter said above, it seemed as though the judge thought Marvin was removing people based on race.

My guess is both Marvin and the reporter are telling the truth. It's just the context in how the reporter presented it. KJ's lawyer brought up race and the Judge made a general statement against making that an issue. I don't think she was admonishing Putnam specifically, but both attorneys that she wouldn't allow that to be an issue at all during the trial, but since KJ's lawyer brought it up against Putnam, the reporter said the Judge admonished him and she did. But she was also admonishing KJ's attorney. Again, just a guess.

I see certain pattern here that Katherine's lawyers are playing by.
They say and do things, and then accuse AEG doing and saying those things.

Now they accuse AEG selecting or wanting white jury members, like it is automatically that white members will be on AEG's side and blacks on Jackson's side. I personally hate that sort of tactics, they put blacks and whites in certain category and assume that it is the color of the skin that determinate how they vote for verdict.

Katherine's lawyers were the ones that brought up the paternity of kids so they can go to tabloids and accuse AEG for trying to embarrass kids.
They also brought up Michael's molestation trial that AEG is trying to bring that up in this trial.

See the pattern?

I agree about the patten. It's as if they were just waiting for a chance to throw in the race card.

Both attorneys are going to go beneath the lowest lows to win this thing. Guess it's to be expected when an insane figure like $40,000,000,000 is at stake. I already can't stand either attorney and am not feeling that kindly about this judge either. Her "foreseeable" guideline is what is going to have MJ dragged through all kinds of mud.

I just love it when people assume an black people will side with other black people just because they black. Sneddon tried that did he not?

Well it is la, and since that oj trial i guess trial lawyers leave nothing to chance - i'm not sure how you can expect lawyers to ignore it as an issue. Sneddon went out of his way to make sure no african americans were on the 05 jury, but tmez correctly surmised that in santa monica where mj lived as a neighbour for nearly 20 yrs that the inhabitants wd not judge mj on race at all.

gerryevans said:
My guess is both Marvin and the reporter are telling the truth. It's just the context in how the reporter presented it. KJ's lawyer brought up race and the Judge made a general statement against making that an issue. I don't think she was admonishing Putnam specifically, but both attorneys that she wouldn't allow that to be an issue at all during the trial, but since KJ's lawyer brought it up against Putnam, the reporter said the Judge admonished him and she did. But she was also admonishing KJ's attorney. Again, just a guess.
They can't both be telling the truth. The abc tweets and aeg statement are directly contradictory. Acc to abc, the judge did directly admonish aeg.

Judge Yvette Palazuelos strongly admonished AEG attorney Marvin Putnam and said she won't tolerate this anymore.
Judge said next time AEG tries to dismiss jurors based on their skin color not only will she keep them but will give plaintiff extra strike.
Unless abc made this up, it seems the judge believes aeg are dismissing african american jurors purely based on race.

Last edited:
They can't both be telling the truth. The abc tweets and aeg statement are directly contradictory. Acc to abc, the judge did directly admonish aeg.

They could both be telling the truth, but not the whole truth. That is, the judge could have said that IF AEG tries to dismiss jurors based on skin color, she'd give them a plaintiff strike. That doesn't mean she actually believes that had happened. But I'm not going to argue this point because I just don't know. As I said, I'm guessing and that guess is that there are "bits" of truth in abc's statement as well as in AEG's response.

I realy don't understand wat this media & their press gt by creating, false, abusive ,fake, made up stories against such a kind hearted man.."mj's such a beauty full person

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 24m
Six alternates have been chosen in the Jackson family vs AEG trial. 4 men and 2 women are alternates. Opening statements set for Monday

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 23m
Alt 1: male, Hispanic, insurance fraud detective. Was a parole agent, doesn't live beyond his means. Conservative. Goes to Hispanic concerts

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 19m
Alt 2: man, Asian, works for UPS, thinks MJ was eccentric, thinks he may have some responsibility in his own death. Lots of jury experience

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 19m
Alt 2: woman, Hispanic, really wants to participate. Thinks MJ liked kids but doubt he molested them. Can be fair and impartial.

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 17m
Alt 4: woman, from Ukraine, retired. Says Dr. Murray convicted of manslaughter. Thinks MJ partly at fault. Worried about making rt decision

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 16m
Alt 5: man, works at AT&T, knows juror 4, work same place but different teams. No opinion on anything in this case. Says he can be fair.

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 15m
Alt 6: man, Asian, works at IBM, father was murdered last year in Atlanta. Neutral as to MJ, no formed opinions in this case. Can be fair.

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 14m
Tomorrow, Thursday and Friday judge and attorneys will discuss final motions prior to beginning of the trial. Jurors are excused til Monday

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 14m
Opening statements scheduled for Monday morning. Plaintiffs don't expect to call first witness until Tuesday. Don't know who yet.

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 11m
Attorneys for both sides tell us they are satisfied with the jury and alternates, since it's a very diverse group.

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 11m
Once alternates were sworn, the remainder jurors in the panel began clapping and cheering, since they were all dismissed.

ABC7 Court News ?@ABC7Courts 9m
We're told Katherine Jackson will 'probably' be in court on Monday for the opening statements. Not sure who else will attend.

Katherine should be there Monday. She is the one that filed this lawsuit and she should show up to what she started. I don't think it will look good if she doesn't. If I was a juror I would want to see who are the people involved.

Last edited:
I realy don't understand wat this media & their press gt by creating, false, abusive ,fake, made up stories against such a kind hearted man.."mj's such a beauty full person

It cuz they are jealous of michael and jealously often leads to hate

Marebear I agree. She should be in court that day. I am sure everyone will show up for the verdict to see who gets the money.

I'm sure most of Jackson's will be there as there is bound to be loads of reporters and tv crews around.

@Petrarose Randy will be there on verdict day so he can start either crying for not getting any money, or he can start calculating his share of Katherine's money.

So it seems some of the jurors already think MJ is partly to blame for his own death. I don't see how this trial will convince them someone else is liable.

Its like the twilight zone when u actually want jurrors like the above!!

Its like the twilight zone when u actually want jurrors like the above!!

True I don't get why the attorneys claim they like the jury because it is a nice mix. They seem to have very strong views although some say they can be partial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back