Kai Chase may sue Katherine according to TMZ

HIStory

Proud Member
Tmz::

michael jackson's former chef claims while she was cookin' for katherine jackson's family, her nephew sexually harassed her, and when the cook asked for some kitchen aid, katherine blew her off ... And now she's threatening a lawsuit.you may recall kai chase ... She was in mj's home the day he died and made the rounds on tv in the months that followed. Kai took a cooking job with katherine in 2012 for $96k a year.
She says it didn't go well, because trent jackson, katherine's nephew and confidante, was a real horndog. She claims he would approach her from behind and make grunting sounds, whisper sexual remarks in her ear, stare her up and down in a sexual manner, and sit in front of her in the kitchen with his legs open in a sexually suggestive manner.
Kai, who sent a demand letter to katherine last month for money, claims she complained to the matriarch, and katherine first apologized but then pooh-poohed her complaints, asking kai to just tolerate trent.
Kai claims in her letter she was fired shortly after she complained, and she was given a lame reason ... She "did not appear happy."
now kai's lawyer is demanding that katherine pay his client a respectable amount or face a lawsuit.

Oh, great. I thought Kai still worked for them. Didn't we see a picture of her with Prince not that long ago?

And whatever happened to Grace?

LOL sounds like majestic jr. wonder what jr thinks

As I understand it she wants to sue for wrongful dismissal (well, IF the story is true).

Ok, but why not go after the person who did the actual harassment? It makes her look bad. If this story is true she should go to the police and maybe then sue for damages.

If what Kai is saying is true. Then it rings an old bell, Katherine turninga blind eye to someone&#8217;s bad behavior. I mean telling her to just deal with it? WTF<o:p></o:p>

Ok, but why not go after the person who did the actual harassment? It makes her look bad. If this story is true she should go to the police and maybe then sue for damages.

Because Katherine via the estate is her employer. Trent just lives there it was up to Katherine to controlhim. Again if what she is saying is trueit is beyond disgusting. How dare he,and how dare Katherine say oh just put up with it. Man...

^ I 100% agree with that and it's disgusting if it's true, but I think she should also fill a complaint against Trent.

I was just thinking the other day if Kai was still with the family. I would not want to lose a good cook, especially as I understood that the children loved her. She perhaps should take out harassment charge against this guy Trent. Anybody know who is he related to, is this on Joe's side. He seems to be a constant companion to KJ

One of joes brothers kids seeing as he has the jackson surname. trent is a creep in more ways than one

I was just thinking the other day if Kai was still with the family. I would not want to lose a good cook, especially as I understood that the children loved her. She perhaps should take out harassment charge against this guy Trent. Anybody know who is he related to, is this on Joe's side. He seems to be a constant companion to KJ

Isn't his last name Jackson?

9:55 AM PT -- Katherine's attorney, Perry Sanders, says, "Mrs. Jackson adamantly denies that she was advised of any sort of sexual harassment before Ms. Chase was relieved of her duties." He adds, "Sometimes people are discharged for one reason and wrongly think it is for a different reason. At any rate, a full investigation is underway and I suspect we have a misunderstanding that hopefully gets cleared up soon."

9:55 AM PT -- Katherine's attorney, Perry Sanders, says, "Mrs. Jackson adamantly denies that she was advised of any sort of sexual harassment before Ms. Chase was relieved of her duties." He adds, "Sometimes people are discharged for one reason and wrongly think it is for a different reason. At any rate, a full investigation is underway and I suspect we have a misunderstanding that hopefully gets cleared up soon."

There always seem to be some drama going on......

Well, this just sounds odd to me all the way around. TMZ is reporting the "threat" of a lawsuit, so maybe her lawyer is making some statements about the harassment in order to get a good settlement for the wrongful termination.

Gross and disgusting as it is, it's nothing compared to the stuff I used to put up with back in the day-and women, I'm sure, go through far worse these days. And didn't she go on national TV (more than a few times) and say that Michael "checked her out" and "flirted with her" when she was working for him. She didn't seem to have any problems with it.

I'm definitely not supporting sexual harassment-I hated it then and I hate it now-and thank goodness, we have laws in place now. But I just feel like since it hit TMZ first, it's a push for some kind of settlement.

Gross and disgusting as it is, it's nothing compared to the stuff I used to put up with back in the day-and women, I'm sure, go through far worse these days. And didn't she go on national TV (more than a few times) and say that Michael "checked her out" and "flirted with her" when she was working for him. She didn't seem to have any problems with it.

Without making a jugdement about whether Kai is telling the truth or not about Trent, but I don't think MJ checking her out passes as sexual harrassment. In that case every man who ever checked out a woman is sexually harassing her. Which would probably make 100% of heterosexual men guilty of this.

About Trent she does not just claim he was checking her out but also that he would whisper sexual things in her ears and that he would sit in front of her in a sexually suggestive manner etc. Now, of course this also could have many levels. If she let him know that these are unwanted advances and he still kept going then yes, that would be harrassment. But my understanding of it is that she is not threatening to sue because sexual harrassment but because she was fired and she feels this was because she complained about Trent's behaviour.

Without making a jugdement about whether Kai is telling the truth or not about Trent, but I don't think MJ checking her out passes as sexual harrassment. In that case every man who ever checked out a woman is sexually harassing her. Which would probably make 100% of heterosexual men guilty of this.

About Trent she does not just claim he was checking her out but also that he would whisper sexual things in her ears and that he would sit in front of her in a sexually suggestive manner etc. Now, of course this also could have many levels. If she let him know that these are unwanted advances and he still kept going then yes, that would be harrassment. But my understanding of it is that she is not threatening to sue because sexual harrassment but because she was fired and she feels this was because she complained about Trent's behaviour.
True-And it's definitely unlawful to fire anyone because they complain of sexual harrassment-like I said, I'm very thankful we have laws in place now-and you can complain to HR or your employer now and you used to not being able to at all.

I certainly don't want to call Kai a liar. I've always liked her and have always really enjoyed her interviews. I just didn't want to jump to any kind of judgement or conclusion based on what the attorney leaked to TMZ.

I do not want to take sides either, just saying that such behaviour as described in the article can be harrassment depending on the circumstances, whether it's unwanted, whether it's repeated etc. It's not the same as MJ secretly checking out her butt and quickly turning away his head when Kai turned around. That is not harrassment and cannot be construed as such by any means.

But Katherine says Kai's not telling the truth about telling her about Trent's alleged behaviour, so I don't want to take sides either about who is telling the truth and who isn't.

He adds, "Sometimes people are discharged for one reason and wrongly think it is for a different reason."

well, from this quote all i understand that she told Katherine but that was not the reason she was fired. how could kai wrongly think it is for a different reason unless she told her?

He adds, "Sometimes people are discharged for one reason and wrongly think it is for a different reason."

well, from this quote all i understand that she told Katherine but that was not the reason she was fired. how could kai wrongly think it is for a different reason unless she told her?
Well, that's just it. Kai says she told Katherine and the harrassment continued and she was fired for that. Katherine's saying she was not told about the harrassment and let Kai go for a different reason-like "we don't need a chef anymore"-something like that.

These kinds of things-she said/she said usually just settle, because it's expensive and time consuming to go to court (for both sides).

Apparently Kai claims she told Katherine Trent's behavior and soon after she was fired. She thinks it's wrongful termination. According to TMZ story she was told she was fired because "She did not appear happy."

Apparently Kai claims she told Katherine Trent's behavior and soon after she was fired. She thinks it's wrongful termination. According to TMZ story she was told she was fired because "She did not appear happy."
That's a strange reason, if true.

Isn´t Trent related to both Katherine and Joe? Son to a sister to K married to a brother to J

Back