Lady Sovereign / EssOhVee - celebrating her music and style

I think her story perfectly illustrates the ways in which the music industry can sometimes get it completely wrong. Not always, of course. They wouldn't be making so much money if they didn't know what they were doing. But with certain artists they get it spectacularly wrong and I think this is one example of that. I don't know what she needed but it wasn't a huge deal with loads of media duties and loads of pressure to stick to a tight timetable. That whole approach was just wrong. They saw what was good in her, why she was worth signing. But they handled it all wrong.

Good for her, standing up for herself, recognising that the situation wasn't right for her and having the strength to walk away. Lots of people wouldn't be able to do that. She's cool.
They handled it all wrong because i 'd imagine them to be over eager , falling over themselves, you can see how she's all "you wot mate?" Though , they would be because she is gifted.
i can't explain it in text , but i can see a vivid picture. Nope she was not having it . lol She just won't let anyone control her and that goes for Jayz etc. She's got integrity, these are big names. and she said no. not doing it. it doesn't suit me. |She protected her artistry. i like her.

Last edited:
Back