Lady Sovereign / EssOhVee - celebrating her music and style

071119_222141_ladysovpaphotos_L191107.jpg

A: Andre 3000 seems like he would be all right."

A: "Oh God, not another one. Everyone is going to start bloody doing it now. As long as I can bring my people."

A: They don't try to dress me. They get me clothes, and if I don't like it, I say, "Take it away and get rid of it." In a way, I dress myself. I would never wear something I didn't like.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: "take it away and get rid of it" haha I still smiled. She's unique and think she has such strong integrity.

This is a wonderful thread @zinniabooklover it's bloody alright innit? :ROFLMAO:

it's 1 19 am babe im going to bed but id love to add some more tomoro cool cool thread for our miss LS i love it! night night

A: Andre 3000 seems like he would be all right."

A: "Oh God, not another one. Everyone is going to start bloody doing it now. As long as I can bring my people."

A: They don't try to dress me. They get me clothes, and if I don't like it, I say, "Take it away and get rid of it." In a way, I dress myself. I would never wear something I didn't like.
oh, this bit was fine. I mean, she was fine in her responses. It's more that people don't know what to ask her. Every interview I've seen, I've not managed to get to the end and I've not wanted to post it. They don't seem to know what to do with her so it always feels like a wasted opportunity. I'm sure with the right questions she'd be awesome. But it always falls a bit flat for me. I'm not sure the world was ready for Lady S. Or the media wasn't, that's for damn sure.

oh, this bit was fine. I mean, she was fine in her responses. It's more that people don't know what to ask her. Every interview I've seen, I've not managed to get to the end and I've not wanted to post it.
Well i 'm glad you did post this one Zin because it shows exactly that, They are a bit tongue -tied ! because she's real and she don't care .
At the end of the 'view she was pretty much asking the questions for them & maybe trying to fill any awkward silences. At the same time confusing her. His questions were a bit naff...i think this is why she was contributing maybe more than she should've. The Lady was running the show and she had a plan. She also was original. That's great artistry to me. I want her to come back and WOW us ! :love:
They don't seem to know what to do with her so it always feels like a wasted opportunity. I'm sure with the right questions she'd be awesome. But it always falls a bit flat for me. I'm not sure the world was ready for Lady S. Or the media wasn't, that's for damn sure.
i guess the press was intimidated to a degree. She was and is capable of so much more.

This is a bit more interesting. Quite illuminating but also a bit :(

Part 2

5m 17s

That is a deep 5 mins. She had a plan and she's brutally honest. Def jam snapped her up straight away so it shows how really good she is. i think they pressured her with that one song. I'm pleased she has her own label though.

Haven't finished watching but posting it anyway!

Part 3

5m 27s

Last edited:
Yeah, the Public Warning stuff hits hard, doesn't it? Love it. :D
That's some of her best art i think babe. I mean she can spit so and has a really natural flow
i guess she was too real ~too stubborn , won't be controlled. god, she's great. But if she has her own label it is just a question of when she will next strike , so that is a positive for her and the ball is completely in her court.

That is a deep 5 mins. She had a plan and she's brutally honest. Def jam snapped her up straight away so it shows how really good she is. i think they pressured her with that one song. I'm pleased she has her own label though.
I think her story perfectly illustrates the ways in which the music industry can sometimes get it completely wrong. Not always, of course. They wouldn't be making so much money if they didn't know what they were doing. But with certain artists they get it spectacularly wrong and I think this is one example of that. I don't know what she needed but it wasn't a huge deal with loads of media duties and loads of pressure to stick to a tight timetable. That whole approach was just wrong. They saw what was good in her, why she was worth signing. But they handled it all wrong.

Good for her, standing up for herself, recognising that the situation wasn't right for her and having the strength to walk away. Lots of people wouldn't be able to do that. She's cool.

Back