Leaving Neverland sequel is being filmed alongside a pro Michael Jackson documentary

Elton-Cetera

Proud Member
0_MAIN-Leaving-Neverland-sequel-is-being-filmed-alongside-a-pro-Michael-Jackson-documentary.jpg

Leaving Neverland sequel is being filmed alongside a pro Michael Jackson documentary

A California court is considering allowing the men who accused Michael Jackson of sexual abuse to revive their case. Two documentaries could follow

Two production companies have been granted permission for media coverage in the courtroom of the cases alleging sexual abuse against Michael Jackson. One of the companies is responsible for producing the documentary Leaving Neverland.

After the men who accused Jackson of sexual abuse, Wade Robson and James Safechuck, began the process of asking the courts to revive their case, two companies filed media coverage requests. During the case's first day back in court on July 26, both of the requests were approved. The first company, AMOS Picture Media, are the producers behind Leaving Neverland which followed the cases asserted by the men.

Another company, Takeflight Film Ltd, was also approved for media coverage for Robson v. MJJ Productions. This company, though, is not working on the same production. Instead, their site lists an ongoing project called Trial by Media: The Michael Jackson Story. Takeflight Film Ltd has confirmed they will be covering the legal proceedings.

The site reads: "This story uncovers the media's bias and treatment of its 'subjects'; an intriguing look into the media's integrity throughout the years, and what in societies fabric changed to embrace such bias stories about Michael Jackson - from the once adored ‘Thriller’ hitmaker."

Takeflight Film specifically addresses Leaving Neverland in their movie's description. They accused HBO of not doing their due diligence in reporting. Instead, they believe that Jackson's legacy has been unfairly harmed by the accusations.

They wrote: "The allegations were adopted and pushed by media representatives and outlets with almost no investigations into court proceedings which severely discredited the two men's accusations from years previous."

Robson and Safechuck both accused Michael Jackson of sexual misconduct disguised as romance. The men did not realize why Jackson's alleged actions were wrong until they were in adulthood. It is alleged the hit singer took part in sexual acts with the boys. Safechuck also asserts that Jackson held a mock wedding for him.

The Mirror has reached out to producers for comment about the ongoing proceedings.

0_Today.jpg

0_MJ-DISNEYLAND-1988-James-Safechuck.jpg

If Takeflight's allegations can be proven, then the estate of Michael Jackson can sue AMOS Pictures Media, HBO, Safechuck and Robson for defamation. Now, whether the Michael Jackson estate can win is another matter. But suffering economic loss because someone wilfully maligned a person and others failed due diligence in checking the defamation I'm guessing can be cause for a defamation lawsuit.

If Takeflight's allegations can be proven, then the estate of Michael Jackson can sue AMOS Pictures Media, HBO, Safechuck and Robson for defamation. Now, whether the Michael Jackson estate can win is another matter. But suffering economic loss because someone wilfully maligned a person and others failed due diligence in checking the defamation I'm guessing can be cause for a defamation lawsuit.
I'm not a lawyer but I do know that you can't sue for defamation on behalf of a dead person so I'm not sure MJE could take any action. Defamation is as an act or statement that damages a person's reputation. The legal position, as far as I understand it, seems to be that a dead person does not have a reputation that can be damaged. The memory of a dead person can be damaged but that isn't covered by the law. At least, I don't think it is.

I don't know how it works in US law. This is from November 2021 regarding English law:

"Currently, under English law, the dead still cannot be defamed. This is because defamation (whether libel or slander) is a personal action not capable of being assigned or brought on someone’s behalf (except in very limited circumstances, for example in the case of minors)."

[...] Takeflight Film specifically addresses Leaving Neverland in their movie's description. They accused HBO of not doing their due diligence in reporting. Instead, they believe that Jackson's legacy has been unfairly harmed by the accusations.

They wrote: "The allegations were adopted and pushed by media representatives and outlets with almost no investigations into court proceedings which severely discredited the two men's accusations from years previous." [...]
The point about the lack of due diligence on the part of HBO is interesting and presumably Takeflight Film have been advised by lawyers before making these statements. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I still don't see how this could feed into a defamation case but the point about HBO not looking into the court proceedings before they broadcast the tv programme - that must mean something, especially since the lawsuit had already been going on for years.

That first defaming film is dead and now the sequel is works?
F🤬K NO!!! Well that should be dead too!

do you think oprah will be involved in LN2? Or will she not touch it because of the backlash she got last time? or secretly orchestrating another hit piece in the background?

It just never stops, it's utterly pathetic. LN2, what a joke.

But reading the description, is this really considered a sequel?
Think people will see through this, how can you follow up something like that, let them keep on with this farce it will prove just how pathetic they are, Dan Reid is obsessed, makes me question thoughts,

Think people will see through this, how can you follow up something like that, let them keep on with this farce it will prove just how pathetic they are, Dan Reid is obsessed, makes me question thoughts,

I doubt he's gonna cover JC and Arvizo, but if he is, he can only do so much. I don't think any of them are even allowed to speak about it? It's just so tiresome.

Didn't Dan Reed lose to the right to LN though? Can he just make a LN2? Meh I'm sure he can if he just calls it different. Pathetic world.

I doubt he's gonna cover JC and Arvizo, but if he is, he can only do so much. I don't think any of them are even allowed to speak about it? It's just so tiresome.
I've read in various places over the years that LN2 will focus on JC and Arvizo. This is just various bits here and there that I've seen, who even knows if any of it is true. More recently, I've seen quotes from DR saying the sequel will focus on 'current events unfolding' by which I assume he means the journey of the WR / JS lawsuits through the court system. Again, cannot remember any specific sources I can quote. I try not to focus too much on this stuff. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Didn't Dan Reed lose to the right to LN though? Can he just make a LN2? Meh I'm sure he can if he just calls it different. Pathetic world.
I think there was always an expectation of a sequel. I think he started working on it as far back as 2020.

He's going to drag in the old hag DD, try to get arvizo jury members involved, and the usual ex neverland loser staff and we will get the toll it's had on there mental health, health and all the sad music. I can't stand DR he makes me squirm when I look at him

He's going to drag in the old hag DD, try to get arvizo jury members involved, and the usual ex neverland loser staff and we will get the toll it's had on there mental health, health and all the sad music. I can't stand DR he makes me squirm when I look at him

And all here will know what these ex employees are all about, I am sure he will get Adrian McAnus too, just unbelievable that it's not illegal what she is doing. The thing is, we will know these folks are all full of shit, but the ones not in the know will fall for it. It just doesn't stop.

There were two jurors that afterwards changed their story to the tabloids, right? If they still have no shame they will get in on it too.

Definitely, channel 4 gave the 1st one so much publicity every add break was pushing and pushing it. We really need trial by media to get out there at least then people might see the rehashed bull shit for what it is, I know haters will hate, but we can beat them I'm staying positive, hasn't WR got some sort of therapy thing going on for SA victims, bet they get in on it,.

I'm not a lawyer
i wish you were babe
but I do know that you can't sue for defamation on behalf of a dead person so I'm not sure MJE could take any action. Defamation is as an act or statement that damages a person's reputation. The legal position, as far as I understand it, seems to be that a dead person does not have a reputation that can be damaged. The memory of a dead person can be damaged but that isn't covered by the law. At least, I don't think it is.

I don't know how it works in US law. This is from November 2021 regarding English law:

"Currently, under English law, the dead still cannot be defamed. This is because defamation (whether libel or slander) is a personal action not capable of being assigned or brought on someone’s behalf (except in very limited circumstances, for example in the case of minors)."

The point about the lack of due diligence on the part of HBO is interesting and presumably Takeflight Film have been advised by lawyers before making these statements. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I still don't see how this could feed into a defamation case but the point about HBO not looking into the court proceedings before they broadcast the tv programme - that must mean something, especially since the lawsuit had already been going on for years.
thanks @zinniabooklover

Definitely, channel 4 gave the 1st one so much publicity every add break was pushing and pushing it. We really need trial by media to get out there at least then people might see the rehashed bull shit for what it is, I know haters will hate, but we can beat them I'm staying positive, hasn't WR got some sort of therapy thing going on for SA victims, bet they get in on it,.
Channel 4 ...yep. @Oldtimer
And all here will know what these ex employees are all about,
So much pain isn't it
I am sure he will get Adrian McAnus too, just unbelievable that it's not illegal what she is doing. The thing is, we will know these folks are all full of shit, but the ones not in the know will fall for it. It just doesn't stop.
Like a merry go round
There were two jurors that afterwards changed their story to the tabloids, right? If they still have no shame they will get in on it too.
@Staffordshire Bullterrier I don't wan to think about it :( *hand hold*

...Although behind the camera , Reed is terrifying some.. days to me. Because you sit and think what they are actually trying to do to a dead man.
For me, the mindset of all 3 are insanely criminal.

Reed has an obsession with pedophilia, going back to the days of the paedophile hunter, I remember people talking about it, I tuned in to one episode, quickly turned off. It caused controversy because they were hunting people with no real evidence, so real abusers were going underground, I think he has a warped mind and a little to much interest in the subject if you know what I mean.

Paraphrasing what I said in another thread: Reed... you won. You got fame, credibility, awards and managed to get Michael cancelled (temporarily in some cases, and in other cases permanently, i.e. The Simpsons episode is still missing from streaming). You wanted to tell and sell a shocking story and move people, and maybe even hurt people. You got what you wanted. Why bother? Just go do some other shit and leave us all alone.

Really hope Jin's documentary can be finished and put out there. It really needs to be seen.

LN just shows what gullible Sheep a lot of people are. It's just that simple. Anyone can do this, truly anyone. Presenting zero evidence, just making sure the stories are as detailed and disgusting as possible and you'll lure people in.

Who realistically speaking can they get on board for this pathetic mess? Diane Dimwit, maybe two of the jurors who sold out to the tabloids. I cannot imagine JC or GA wants anything to do with it, let alone it's probably not even allowed and estate can absolutely sue, correct?

That ugly horror creature (who would fit right in in a Dark Souls game) McAnus can rehash her proven BS for the gazillionth time and a few others who all got demolished in court. It will only contain lies, once again, it will cover stuff and act as if it's truth when it was all lies and made up. I am hoping it won't have the impact LN did.

It really showed how pathetic people in general CAN be. Him getting temporarily banned from radio, for what? Zero proof was shown, anyone can make such a "doc" but banned anyway. This world sucks.

Gee Wizz! How the heck are they gonna make another. They haven't even go GA or JC. What's this gonna be about?

I think LN2 will mostly be about how the fans 'threatened' Wade, James, Reed and Oprah

Gee Wizz! How the heck are they gonna make another. They haven't even go GA or JC. What's this gonna be about?
I think they have tried to get in contact with them but they dont want anything to do with them

He's going to drag in the old hag DD, try to get arvizo jury members involved, and the usual ex neverland loser staff and we will get the toll it's had on there mental health, health and all the sad music. I can't stand DR he makes me squirm when I look at hi
OH HELL F🤬K NO

Im actually kinda scared of LN2, I just know that shit is going to be very manipulative, even worse then LN1. They will simply adjust the story to their earlier mistakes saying 'it was a long time ago', they will discredit the fanbase saying were delusion probably showing the worst messages that were send to them to create empathy.

And watch them release it prior or at the same time as the biopic, trying to destroy Michaels image. Im not much into conspiracies (though I find them interesting) but it almost seems like there is more going on. Same with Oprahs influence with LN.

I wonder what networks actually want to broadcasted or distribute LN2 after the multiple mistakes from LN1. I just hope it wont be on tv again which was a disgrace.

Back